Everton vs. West Brom, 31 March [R]

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Rocket, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A very business-like 2-0 win for us at home.

Pienaar had another solid game, and Fellaini had a good showing as well.

After playing well the past few matches, Tim Cahill seemed off his game a bit. And Osman was no great shakes, other than creating a lucky own-goal.

It will be nice if/when Drenthe returns, because right now we're very reliant on Pienaar to create attacking chances.

2. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    you aren't kidding. first half stats: 9% went down right wing... 9. freaking. percent! 60+ down middle and 33(?) down left.

twas nice to see them playing well and wba just got frustrated as the game went on. it was almost like we were toying with them (sort of). I just don't have a clue why we can't start a season strongly! I think it's gotta be moral after another ********ed up transfer window... we get better after we get ppl in the january window. coincidence? I don't think so... I think it's a boost to the moral that's been battered ("they don't care" "they sold another" etc) in the summer and is boosted in January ("they are trying" "they got us players" etc).

On another note: I am very happy with big Vic. He had a turn there, when Yak was still with us... we'll call it his prima donna phase. But now he's put his head down, worked hard, seems a lot more humble and it's paying off. His game is getting better. Good for him. :)

3. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My favorite part of the match was when the two West Brom players, Odemwingie and Ben Foster, almost came to blows.

Looks like Foster might be getting frustrated spending most of career "on loan". Wasn't he supposed to have developed into England's number one goalkeeper by now?