Everton v. Manchester United 4/20/05 [R]

Discussion in 'Everton' started by sarabella, Apr 14, 2005.

1. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Wednesday game. We've had 10 days rest and they only get 3 (due to their FA Cup match v. Newcastle on Sunday). We're coming off a huge win and they're coming off a horrible loss. Methinks they will be out for blood, unless the Newcastle game can quell their thirst.

I'm hoping for a draw, but I think I know better.

Liverpool watch: Home v. Spurs on Sunday. Maybe they've been celebrating too hard and we won't lose any ground. Go Spurs!

2. toffeman

toffeman New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    brooklyn,ny usa
    When was the last time that we got a result against them ?( meaning win, not 0-0 though I would accept that).

4-4-2 and play like last week may give us a chance.
    Let's hope that spurs kick butt!

3. chifirefan

chifirefan Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Chicago
    Liverpool actually play Spurs today (Saturday) on PPV.

Arsenal are in the final. Methinks their opponent will be United. Ho-hum. Same old, same old.

4. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Crap! Why do I keep getting their fixtures wrong? I swear, I checked it on www.liverpoolfc.tv and it said Sunday.

5. cods5

cods5 New Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Oz
    Firstly Sara, what were you doing on liverpooolfc.tv?? (hopefully stirring up trouble) and secondly Liverpool 2-2 Tottenham, not a bad result for us!! :D

6. cods5

cods5 New Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Oz
    Bolton's run-in doesn't look too difficult for them though. Lets just beat ManU and all will be fine ( for another few days at least)

7. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I was lookin at their fixtures, duh! And I cause trouble where ever I go. :D

8. icecoolguy22

icecoolguy22 New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Beat Man U and you are just about home for the 4th spot. As a neutral, I'd feel very happy for you guys..

9. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    [result]At least if we drop points, it will only be 1. Damn those Spurs for not hanging on for the win. And we still have Bolton to worry about - they're 2 points behind, RS are 3.[/result]

10. cods5

cods5 New Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Oz
    dont follow, what do you mean? :confused:

11. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Well, I didn't want to give away results of other teams so I've put it in results tag. If you click and hold down your mouse button and drag it to the right of where it says "highlight to reveal", you should see text come up.

12. kerpow

kerpow New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    McBride scored again for Everton :)

2pts ahead of Bolton with 2 games in hand makes me feel more confident.

13. toffeman

toffeman New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    brooklyn,ny usa
    1 point ahead but that's still great! Didnt even realise that they were playing today. Tx.
    Hopefully we can finally shock the WORLD tomorrow!
    3-1 to the Blues!!!

14. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    i placed money on an Everton 1-0

15. kerpow

kerpow New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Damn, I made not one but two errors in that post. Must have been a long day.

Yes, Bolton are now just one point behind and obviously McBride scored for Fulham against Boro, not Bolton.

We need to get something out of this game. A draw at home is feasible. Living in London all the pubs will be showing Chelsea v Arsenal tonight :(

16. zerorespects

zerorespects New Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Arizona
    i'm not sure we can do this. with stubbs, naysmith, and pistone injured, he'll have to bring out yobo. who would be our other defender? i think we should try a 3-5-2 . just to mix things up. hibbert, yobo, and weir on defense, kilbane, arteta, carsley, cahill, and osman on mid, and bent and ferguson up front. i dont know. i just like typing.

17. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    If he starts Yobo, we're in serious trouble.

18. chifirefan

chifirefan Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Chicago
    All I'm gonna say is that I feel good about tonight/today.

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

19. kerpow

kerpow New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Watson at left-back?

Usual 5 man mid-field and Bent up front. Dunc coming on at 65 mins for Carsley. Predictable but often effective.

20. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I dunno, he went with the 4-4-2 last week and look what it got us. I'm gonna bet that he goes with Bent and Dunc up front from the start.

21. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time warp to 2003...

Anyways, I think that if United actually shows up to play and doesn't use crap tactics, we'll take it easily. Problem is that there is no guarantee of that, given our recent inconsistencies, and you might get the team that lost against Norwich. I can only hope Fergie let them have it after that, which led to the FA Cup performance. Two games, two completely different versions of United.

Obviously I hope we win, but I'm rooting for you guys to get that fourth-place spot.

22. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I told my boss that my meeting had to be over by 2pm. I will be listening live and will provide updates for those who are interested.

Starting to get a lil' nervous. C'mon boys!

23. Milkman

Milkman New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did as well.

24. CobrasCiudadJuarez

Jul 16, 2003
    El Paso
    I also went with 1-0 Everton

25. chifirefan

chifirefan Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Chicago

Sara,

Can you give me a link to the comms? I'm in work and might be able to listen for a while. And I freakin' forgot to set my vcr. Stupid stupid stupid.

:mad: