Everton USA

Discussion in 'Everton USA' started by spider_kin, Oct 26, 2008.

1. KATref

KATref Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Stow, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no problem reading when I'm drunk, maybe a little trouble walking but when I fall down I know I've had enough so that takes care of itself. :p

2. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow very nice. hopefully the hardwork will attract some more attention to the club in the US. i still haven't met a single person who likes everton in the US.

3. Toffeegirl

Toffeegirl New Member

Jan 28, 2006
    In The Heights
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Then go to Mr. Dehenney's on Monday!

4. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I need to remember to take some printed out application forms to dennehy's on monday. maybe get some of the guys to sign up right then.

course I've had them printed out since the UEFA game at home and that was the only day I remembered to take them with me... Hopefully this time I do a bit better... *tries to engage brain*

5. KATref

KATref Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Stow, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know a couple who will be at the Revs/Redbull game on March 28, if you wanted to come by the tailgate and say hi. ;)

6. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hi can you please change the rss feeds so they have the posts instead of just the title. thanks keep up the good work.

7. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    The RSS feeds are done automatically by Blogger. I'll see if I can add some other service to do it, I'm not sure though.

8. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im not going to be in the city for a while... ill remember to visit when there's another important game on and im in town. thanks for the info.

9. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok thanks a lot.

10. kells

kells New Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Hello. I'm new to this forum, but looking forward to reading/posting here. I'm a blues fan as well. I live in St. Louis and have joined the EvertonUSA site. Looks like the majority of you are in Chicago, yeah? :)

11. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Re: Becoming a member of Everton USA

Welcome! I did receive your registration and I'll send a confirmation as soon as I get home tonight.

There's a good group of us from all over, I think chifirefan and I are the only Everton regulars in Chicago. But I grew up near St. Louis, what part are you from?

Glad to have you both on BS and with Everton USA.

12. kells

kells New Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Re: Becoming a member of Everton USA

Ah cool! I live in Lafayette Square right now (although I did not grow up in the area), but have lived all over....Brentwood, Maplewood, Richmond Heights, Webster Groves, South Grand area. Where did you grow up then?

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm glad I found this place. Most of the football forums I check out are English, so it's nice to know the home fires burn bright as well. :)

13. paulinespens

paulinespens New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Shelbyville KY
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello Im new here. Im English originally from near Liverpool but have been living in Kentucky USA for just over 14 months. Im a big Everton fan. My dad supports Liverpool. I guess I became a rebel at an early age. Its great to see some Everton fans this side of the pond. I joined the Everton USA group today.

14. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Glad to have another Evertonian around!

15. paulinespens

paulinespens New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Shelbyville KY
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its great to be an Evertonian. I turned my wife into an Evertonian. Im abit like Onslow from Keeping Up Appearences he would not have married Daisy if he knew she was a Liverpool fan. I would not of married my wife is she was a Man Utd fan.

It was great to see Everton perform so so well in the Bolton game. We are gonna get alot of Jo I hope. But he had a very good debut.

16. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Funny you mention Keeping Up Appearances - my friends in another forum call me Mrs. Bucket all the time.

17. paulinespens

paulinespens New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Shelbyville KY
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh no its the bucket woman lol.

So why do you get called Mrs Bucket?

18. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Because of my job, I keep ridiculous hours. I'm usually in bed really early so they make fun of me and call me old, and then post pictures of Mrs. Bucket.

19. paulinespens

paulinespens New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Shelbyville KY
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats a strange one. I thought maybe you hosted candle light suppers when Everton play on tv or something like that.

20. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I think that would be more spider_kin's realm. :D

21. paulinespens

paulinespens New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Shelbyville KY
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On another point I used to work for Barclaycard in England when they sponsored the EPL. We used to get to see the EPL trophy and get our photo taken with it for free.

This pic was taken 6 years ago. I ended up with the chicken pox a few days later.

[​IMG]

22. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    That photo rules!

23. paulinespens

paulinespens New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Shelbyville KY
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks lol I just remembered I had it stored and thought Id best get it on show.

24. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Just a question but why do you also support Tranmere?

25. paulinespens

paulinespens New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Shelbyville KY
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tranmere Rovers are the smaller side from where I was born. I used to go and watch Tranmere when I was a school boy when John Aldridge was a player for the team. Being orginally from Merseyside England we have had 3 soccer clubs within a close range from each other. I have also watched matches at Goodison, Prenton Park and Anfield.