everton chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Yahtzee, Apr 29, 2017.

1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Let's bear in mind, Everton had won 8 in a row at home. We had two great chances to score before Pedro's goal and would have brought on Fabregas. We played well.

2. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hazard found space early and botched his chance, if he buries that we force Everton to open up more and we saw how that worked out for them in the second half.

I'm not even going to talk about Costa' s miss because sadly I'm expecting that more and more these days.

3. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pedro deserves a lot of credit for what he's done this season. but truly, adding another elite attacker could be a revelation for this team.

i was worried we would pay for not taking chances.

let's also give Fabregas a lot of credit. if he goes in the summer, this team crucially needs another player that can fill his role.

Yahtzee and Blueallthru repped this.
  4. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

His work rate and defensive capabilities, plus his contributions in attack think back to what happened in the last game he missed.

5. xamers

xamers Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'll agree with his work rate. But defensively he lapses far too often. Easy for me to say from my couch, I guess.

6. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Moses is definitely nowhere near the level of performance he was hitting when we first switched to 3 at the back, that's for sure.

7. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    the entire system worked much better early on as teams weren't familiar with how to play against it. i still like the system for our personnel, and in general, but those first 8-10 games, moses was on fire because he was finding so much space out on his own. the team could still use an upgrade in that position for sure. but what moses has done for the team this season can't be understated given the circumstances.

Blueallthru repped this.
  8. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ^^ Agreed. Moses has been pivotal in this system mostly due to his energy. However, I wish to see him put at least one cross before the season is over.

Blueallthru repped this.
  9. TheBLueLion

TheBLueLion New Member

Chelsea
    France
    May 4, 2017
    I was glad that we finally kept a clean sheet! Everyone played well. Althouth there are no easy games in PL but this was the toughest game left in the season. We should be winning the rest of the games. The title is ours to loose.

Ninjatend0 repped this.