Even more . . . Stuff from other MLS Teams

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Mar 30, 2014.

1. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just to clarify, you can have 6 users on the account, but only 3 active streaming at once. I split YouTube TV with some family members, and we learned this the hard way we wall tried to stream the same game.

The rumor I read on Reddit yesterday is that multiple teams are trying to do the same thing as LAFC. Create their own channel to host games, highlights, interviews, etc. MLS Live is supposed to be going to the ESPN+ service (or whatever that's called), so I wonder how each team having their own channel will affect the league wide service.

Edit: I found the twitter source for the rumor.

15 to 32 repped this.
  2. PattysCow

PattysCow Member+

Apr 4, 2010
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    The RSL show made it sound like RSL will be one of these teams.

Allez RSL, SALTLAKEJAKE and 15 to 32 repped this.
  3. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the growth of the media team for RSL would make me think that is the case, too.
    I think that would be a cool setup to have a channel on youtube to do pre and post game stuff, weekly shows, possibly stream academy games, etc.

4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so 3 members is the magic number? Gotcha

5. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. And it doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to who gets kicked off if you have more than 3. 4th person enters, one of the original 3 is booted.

15 to 32 repped this.
  6. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Well, they were probably cyber-loitering...

P.S. If this term I just made up ever catches on, I expect royalties.

Lizzie Bee, RSLer, BalanceUT and 3 others repped this.
  7. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does this include watching stuff via DVR as well? I'll be honest, unless I'm watching a sport, I'm often just watching the stuff I've recorded at my own convenience. Even then, I still sometimes watch sports on delay. Even still, having 6 accounts and 3 watching things at once is better than all the other services IIRC. And outside of one of the services that is mostly only for sports streaming, it has the best overall sports package.
    Isn't that pretty much how it is now unless they're on national TV? I'd assume you'd still get them via MLS Live.

BalanceUT repped this.
  8. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, not 100% the same. For example, I get cRapids games on my dish package because they're on altitude or whatever network. This is a barrier that youtube is putting up that really isn't at all necessary. I get why they're doing, just don't like it

9. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot about those regional channels. I guess I'm used to not having them by now. Also since pirate streams tend to be easy enough to find in a pinch.

10. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure about the stuff via DVR, but I'd assume it is the same because you're still streaming the DVR shows.

11. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sadly I don't have a way to test it, but I'd hope since it's a prior show, it wouldn't count towards live viewers. Either way, it wouldn't be a terrible plan to get 2 other people setup with yours and split it 3 ways. ~12 per month is solid!

12. SALTLAKEJAKE

SALTLAKEJAKE Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Sugarhood
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :whistling:

RSLer repped this.
  13. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

14. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allez RSL repped this.
  15. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As an out of market fan without cable or satellite service, I welcome the team attempting to increase the accessibility of games.

16. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They will still be on MLS Live.

17. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think prior art is the old term 'lurker'.

18. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS Live is no more. The service is being moved to ESPN+, or whatever they decide to name their new streaming service.

19. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this for real? Because, they've been saying that would happen for several years, but it's kept not happening.

20. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm assuming so because they haven't announced anything regarding pricing for MLS Live for the 2018 season.

21. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were pretty late announcing last year, also, IIRC.

RSLer repped this.
  22. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    People in N&A who have called MLS Live customer service have been told that the 2018 subscription is not yet available. They haven't been told that it won't be.

I wouldn't be surprised if they migrated to the ESPN service, but it doesn't seem likely for this year.

RSLer and SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  23. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    new National training center...

Sporting Kansas City coach Peter Vermes directed a group of 35 people down a passageway Monday, serving as the unofficial tour guide for a $75 million structure. On his left, he pointed toward a cryotherapy room, designed to accelerate muscle recovery. On his right, there was a hypobaric chamber, a room with adjustable altitude. After a step backward, he explained the benefits of another space with motion analysis.

And on it went.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mls/sporting-kc/article198537254.html#storylink=cpy

24. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Question #1: If you say national, I'm assuming you mean USMNT, so why would a new national training center be located in Kansas City as opposed to SLC or Colorado?

Question #2: If this is a national training center, why would Pete Vermes be giving the tour as opposed to someone who actually works for the USMNT?

25. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    From what I have read, SKC built it with the purpose to house the US mens and womens team along with their own Sporting organization. This was not a request from the federation. They have a separate area of locker rooms, offices and other amenities for the National teams should they choose to use it. Neither of the National Teams have signed up to use it yet, and the Federation has said that they will leave it up to the individual head coaches.

KC is about as center in the country as you can get. It would be a reasonable place to have a national training center if you ignore the fact that we have players in Europe. That all being said, the national teams have basically been in LA for years now.