Even more . . . Stuff from other MLS Teams

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by SoccerPrime, Mar 30, 2014.

1. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Old and dated? The stadium opened in 2005, so it's just finished its 12th year in operation.

Allez RSL repped this.
  2. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    And they just put a nice chunk of change into a Soccer Hall of Fame there too. Would be weird to drop a ton of money a couple years before you skip town.

I think at some point it could be a good move for FC Dallas to relocate, but not outside the metro area. Though Frisco really isn’t that bad, it’s right off the freeway and people in DFW drive. Public transportation isn’t like it is in most big cities. It’s about as far from Dallas as Rio Tinto is from Salt Lake. It’s just unfortunately in the corner of the metro, pretty far from Fort Worth unlike Rio Tinto that is still pretty centerned on the wasatch front.

On that note, I like how Minnesota is building in between the 2 big cities, and think Dallas could benefit the same way at some point. Though I’m not sure the middle cities are that great to locate in within DFW.

3. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    #3603 the cup, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Maybe not old but dated yes. Any soccer stadium now without a roof you have to say is outdated.

With that said, I have to say I was in error about Dallas possibly being a target. I didn't realize they were building the National Soccer Hall of Fame right next to the stadium.

Yeah, with that money being invested it is safe to say that the team is safe.

Perhaps a renovation to the stadium, something like Toronto did, could be in the works sometime in the future.

4. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSLer, Todorojo and The Franchise repped this.
  5. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets be honest, if we had to played Vancouver I would expect a loss (though not to the same degree) as San Jose.
    Let them have their small moment in the sun (ba boom psh) they certainly earned it with their standings.

6. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Cascadia has weather more similar to "Europe," meaning England. So, they will of coarse, win more. Now if MLS will just change the schedule to a "Europe" schedule the USMNT will win more. /s

15 to 32 repped this.
  7. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that's the case, why doesn't England win the World Cup more?

8. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Who asked you to bring logic into this argument?

9. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always think a wreath of pretty flowers which smell bad works well in an argument.

10. pcny

pcny Member

Sep 2, 2007
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    This ATL CLB game is pretty darn good. So many chances and posts!

11. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Yup, great game!

Good to see Atlanta lose, I'm sure Garber is pissed.

Taragui repped this.
  12. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Absolutely love that Atlanta lost.

Maybe more accurately I'm happy that Columbus won and I will be rooting for them the rest of the way.

13. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, I'm pulling for c-bus now as well, how great would it be to see them with the Cup with all the bullshit going on with their douchebag owner?

DrownedElf, TheBiff, Todorojo and 5 others repped this.
  14. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    And down goes SKC!

FUKC.

15. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I felt bad for ATL. Not because I feel their team deserves the (wayyyyyy overdone) hype, but because they were just fun to watch. All the hype that Garber and Co. put into them was fun to watch die at the hands (and a lot of posts) of the team in turmoil.

Todorojo repped this.
  16. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    What was the deal when Atlanta subbed Martinez out?

He stood there for awhile on the pitch, bent over, lowered his socks, took off what looked like tape, threw it on the field, and then slowly walked off the pitch with his shorts hiked up so far it looked like he was wearing 1960's hot-pants.

Dude......get off the damn field, your team is trying to get a goal and win the game.

PumaJohnny repped this.
  17. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes! It gives you that warm, sipping-hot-cocoa-sitting-in-front-of-the-fire-in-Grandma's-rocker-wrapped-in-your-favorite-blanket-while-it-snows-outside feeling to know that their loss at RSL shoved them into 5th place hell and they crashed and burned.

18. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
  19. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Columbus trashing NYCFC 4-1. I think that's likely good enough to send them through to the next round. They also haven't lost since Aug 5th. I'm rooting for them to go all the way. If this is going to be their last year their, the fans deserve a cup.

RSLer and 15 to 32 repped this.
  20. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Precourt was at the game no less, that takes the balls of a cat burglar to show up like that.

21. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    eh, I'm thinking it's just more the guy is an out of touch dumbass

SenordrummeR2 repped this.
  22. elkaholic

elkaholic Member+

May 28, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am mixed about wanting Cbus to win. It would be good for the fans, but it also gives Precourt more negotiating power. I want him to suffer for the crap he is trying to pull. The more Cbus wins, the better his position gets.

23. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    More negotiating power with whom? I don't think his position is getting better with anyone. I think everyone sees him for the liar he is.

24. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Has Uncle Dell Loy had anything to say on the Columbus situation? I haven't seen anything in the papers unless I missed it.

25. the cup

the cup Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Here is a good discussion on the work being done to save the Crew.