Eurotrash VI: Galliano Couture Edition

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Bonnie Lass, May 31, 2012.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Nope just top quality players available for a good price

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So this is Germans in French teams playing against German teams in next year's CL?

Nice.

3. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Let's talk about hats, baby, let's talk about you and me, let's talk abow-wout hats...

"What kind of animal wears a hat to a beach??" was Carmella Soprano's response. "Be a good Catholic for 15 f$%^ing minutes, is that so much to ask?"

For anyone who might have skipped this video, I do recommend at least watching at the 2:30 mark, when the rap starts. (And happily ends about 5 seconds later.) This song even has a key change in it, making it Eurovision-ready.

Smulan repped this.
  4. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    jocasta and gricio61 repped this.
  6. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    #406 Smulan, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    Maybe she caught a glance of her in the stands? Or suddenly realised she'd forgotten their anniversary?

jocasta, Micol and blissett repped this.
  7. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Useless but fun knowledge gleaned from this: if Ramona Bachmann asks if you want to 'share a tshirt', you might be getting into more than simple time-splitting of clothing item. And she appears to be missing a hand. I had never noticed that. And, although n=2 is not really a trend, I'll wager that apartment contains yet more Ikea fabrics.

blissett repped this.
  8. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Smulan repped this.
  9. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
  10. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Co-commenting the WWC on Swiss TV, and getting ready for her next-higher level coaching training as well as her first 2nd league season with Duisburg as a coach after getting relegated...
    (Was that what you were asking? Unfortunately, I don't know the whereabouts of a certain architect. :coffee:)

Smulan repped this.
  11. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Or her/their dogs.

Duisburg, Essen... same, same.

12. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Does it also explain the blatant flopping? Although come to think of it, she has really toned that down. Perhaps Love is an improving influence in her case, on the whole, even if a side effect is that her stamina is not what it might be.

She'd be hard to miss, even sitting in the stands. She looks almost 2m tall!

13. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I don't know where else to post this.

I ordered an Ada Hegerberg OL jersey today. I feel kind of dirty, and a little guilty, like I need to hide it on the opposite side of my closet from my Norway shirts. I think I might start watching women's matches again. Just OL though. No need to add crushing despair to the mix just yet. : le sigh :

14. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Is she even alive?

15. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    the thread called "Galliano Couture Edition" is exactly where to post about the agonies and potential cursing aspects of fan-based jersey choice. Welcome back to the fray, Bonnie!

blissett and Bonnie Lass repped this.
  16. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Allegedly. I saw some pics of her reporting to OL practice on her Twitter. Although that'd be my luck, for sure. Especially after I promised myself I'd never collect soccer shirts again.

blissett and Klingo3034 repped this.
  17. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Which shirt/jersey purchase will send me to hell the quickest?

1. Sweden - Seger
    2. San Diego Spirit ('03) - Lalor
    3. PSG - Bresonik
    4. USWNT - Wambach

Honestly, it's not even about Sweden, it's about Seger being cute, but that personal reasoning checks, since the only reason I started following Norway was because Nordby was cute.

But the Spirit were insufferable and somehow has caused me more psychological damage than even Norway, but the more French soccer I watch, the more I dislike PSG, aside from Dudek, but it's Bresonik, so I don't feel quite so dirty, and having *anything* in my closet USWNT related just feels wrong.

Still, the historian in me kinda wants them all.

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In 2003 I wasn't really following women's football yet (yes, being so careless was then possible :ninja:), so I can't express myself about the Spirit jersey.

But Wambach's jersey will definitely send you to hell, no question about it! :laugh:

Bonnie Lass repped this.
  19. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I mean, she's one of just two USWNT players I've really liked. The other being Carla Overbeck. But yeah, I don't know if I need to be playing with that kind of bad karma right now.

20. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    But it's complicated. I guess you need to ask yourself, what level of hell do I wish to attain? What do I wish to accomplish, and who do I want to take with me?

Because Bonnie, this is so much bigger than you. There is so much more at stake than your personal trip to hell. The hopes and dreams of so many rest on your decisions in this matter. This is the time to show commitment to the cause, and solidarity of purpose, even if it means a delay of gratification.

To put it another way, if you buy a Seger jersey now, with the Euros only a week away, I will personally hunt you down, hold my thumb up in front of me so that I can't see you, and say "There is nobody home."

blissett repped this.
  21. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Of course my dumb ass bought a Seger jersey. How bout I promise not to wear it or look at it during the tourney?

It's an away jersey (blondes look heinous in yellow, sorry Sweden) and should be here in a week.

I saved some fire and brimstone by buying a Lalor *Power* shirt instead of the Spirit shirt. I also bought a 01 Overbeck jersey, pretty sure player worn, as they didn't have replicas that year, IIRC. (With fabric numbers no less - who knew?)

I'm super on the fence about Bresonik, not just the PSG thing, but the it's located in the Ukraine thing is giving me pause.

I still can't bring myself to add a nads jersey to the closet, Wambach or otherwise.

blissett and Klingo3034 repped this.
  22. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    The shirt is less Sweden and more Seger. As one of the last of the old guard, she makes me feel less old.

Also, are there any live Sweden matches I'm allowed to watch? Any especially easy group matches?

blissett repped this.
  23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    @Bonnie Lass, talking about how Seger makes you feel, they're telling me that "some Team Norway partisan" is requested on another thread of the Women's Rivalry Forum. :rolleyes:

24. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    That will have to do. We thank you for your sacrifice at this difficult time.

?? Hmm, guess I need to look for news.

On first quick scan of this post, I misread this as "I can't bring myself to add some nads to the jersey" and I wondered if Wambach had drawn cartoon truck nutz on a jersey at some point, which was confusing because that sounds more like a Solo kind of thing. What's she up to these days?

25. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Seger = "old guard"??! oh honey