Dustin Corea in El Salvador

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Sep 30, 2009.

1. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. ForZaAaB

ForZaAaB Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Club:
    Aalborg BK
    He has signed a similar type of deal with Blokhus, as Conor O'Brien did. He will be a student at a local school and then play soccer on the side... Since the construct worked for Conor, the Blokhus Management are confident, that the Danish FA will approve the deal. The Blokhus management seem to think, that Dustin might need a bit more time, than O'Brien, to adjust.

Most of their games will be scouted by Superliga clubs, so if he does well... I think he could get a full-time contract with a Superliga club or one of the better 1. div. teams.

4. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    That's a nice runaround the rules.

5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    It's silly.

We're not talking about a 16 year old here.

Isn't Correa 19-20? He needs to be playing full-time first-team football. What kind of classes is he going to take for a few months? VCR repair?

Dustin Correa's agent should be blacklisted. It's one clusterf*ck after another.

6. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Why does he need to be taking classes is it easier to get a work permit that way? I know Denmark doesn't have very strict foreign rules but I'm sure Correa still has to get a work permit to play football.

As for Dustin he signed for the team in El Salvador only to be loaned to Denmark? Or did he even sign with the El Salvdor team? Blokhus said he came from the USA if he signed on loan wouldn't he have come from El Salvador?

7. Lombard

Lombard Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Why is it silly for a guy with only (let's face it) a fringe chance at making enough money from pro soccer to last a lifetime to be taking post secondary classes, even if it is as a work permit runaround. Sometimes what we perceive as what's best for US soccer (getting as many kids as possible in full-time pro environments as early as possible) isn't what's best for the kids. There are no tradeoffs for us in urging every kid to go pro as early as possible, but there are very real tradeoffs for the kids involved.

8. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Corea scored for Blokhus today. I think this is his 1st league goal.

9. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Danish football news site bold.dk report today that it's likely that Corea will be heading to Jönköpings Södra in Superettan (swedens second tier) since his danish club has been relegated. The current Jönköpings Södra manager brought in Corea on trial when he was the manager of Vejle in Denmark and apparantly he now wants him at his new club.

10. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    [​IMG]

As shown in the picture above Corea is actually on location in Jönköping and is training with the team. The club website says that his contract with Blokus ended after the previous season and that he will now be trialing with Jönköpings Södra until friday. The article also states that the manager actually did try to sign him when he was coaching in Denmark but that the board of his old club turned it down.

11. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those in charge at J-Södra intend to make a decision on Corea next week.

12. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Bold, Corea will join J-Södra though he had interest from teams in the top 2 leagues in Denmark.

13. prowazekii

prowazekii Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its official

14. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Is he still on loan from his Salvadoran team or is he property of the Swedish club?

15. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    According to Jönköpings Södra official site it's a 1.5 year loan (!?) with an option to buy after that time.

16. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    In the article about fellow semi-american Tsiskaridze who are trialing with Jönköping the director of sports also mention that they are having trouble with the El Salvador FA who still haven't sent in the paperwork required for Corea to be allowed to play in the league.

17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Corea has had problem after problem with the Salvadoran FA. Just a bunch of amateurs.

18. sakibomb523

sakibomb523 Member+

Oct 13, 2009
    Orange County
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol, who the heck runs the El Salvador FA. They're awful with their paperwork and Dustin

19. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    They took their time but it appears that the El Salvador FA finally got moving and Corea is now available to play if he's picked for the next game, which is the long away trip against Umeå FC.

To write something about the team they are a very volatile bunch who sometimes look great and sometimes collapses. They have the fourth most goals scored in the league, but also the third most conceded which paints a pretty clear picture on how their season have looked so far. Umeå who they are playing next are in last place so it might be a good chance to at least distance themselves a bit from the bottom teams.

20. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Corea made his debut and played most of the game yesterday when Jönköping lost 0-1 away against Umeå. An Umeå supporter who attended the game described Coreas performance as "noticeably anonymous". He can be seen though taking a couple of shots in the highlights video below, at 0:38 and 0:53. He's number 7 in the green team.

21. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    [​IMG]

The fans are not happy with Corea, seems like there are some disciplinary problems. Here's a short excerpt from an article at fansite Södrasajten:
    Fans on the same site are also talking about how Corea has mostly been interested in getting drunk and laid since arriving. One fan writes that the reason he missed the latest game was because of disciplinary action from the club, even though they publicly stated that he had a cold and a bad knee. The same fan claims he has inside info that the club has considered terminating Coreas contract. However the last info posted on the subject is that Corea is regretful and has apologized so maybe he will be given another chance. We will see if he's back in the squad for the next game.

22. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010

Corea was out of the dog house and back in the starting lineup yesterday as Jönköpings Södra won 2-0. This was very timely as the game was broadcasted on TV which enabled me to do my duty and report back to you guys!

He played the full 90 minutes and scored the second goal of the game as you can see in the video above. I have to say that I was impressed by young Corea in this game. He showed good technique, movement, speed, turns, short passing and did well rounding the keeper on the goal. He was also given the official "Man of The Match" award.

If I was to say something negative to be a bit more balanced it would be that he looked young and unrefined in some of his actions and he also faded a little towards the end. But that's me being picky, overall it was a good performance by Corea.

Testudo and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  23. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Corea was also interviewed after the game:

"We really needed the points, that's what's most important. We have been training hard this week and it shows that if you train hard then you will play well in the games. The goal also helps me boost my confidence, but I can't let it get to my head so I need to keep working hard and keep earning the managers trust. This was my first time starting a home game and I'm happy about that. Perhaps there has been some pressure since Branimir Hrgota left the club just as I arrived. But I like the pressure, if you don't then you don't belong in football. The most important thing today was to get the winning feeling back and we did that through our hard work. If we continue this way everything will improve."

24. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I've also been mostly interested in getting drunk and laid since Corea arrived.............................

Kids sometimes go thru these phases. They either snap out of it or don't.