European Cup Qualifying 2016

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by totti fan, Aug 19, 2014.

1. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Group H
    [​IMG]Italy
    [​IMG]Croatia
    [​IMG]Norway
    [​IMG]Bulgaria
    [​IMG]Azerbaijan
    [​IMG]Malta

Can we make it out of the group stage this time? Just kidding. Oh wait am I.

Looks like an easy group on paper but we have lots of ageing players who are just about ready to move on. Time for a rebuild methinks.

Some potential on the horizon but most of it yet to demonstrate that they have the ability to play and win games at the international level.

2. Toro89

Toro89 Member+

Jul 6, 2014
    Southern Italy
    Club:
    Torino FC
    Very very easy...

3. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Conte gave an interview and said Rossi was in his plans for the national team. Then someone asked about Balotelli and Conte said he doesn't want to talk about individual players…. :rolleyes:

jerrito repped this.
  4. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Croatia has always been a thorn in our side. Aside from that, this SHOULD be a relatively easy qualifying campaign.

5. sempreITALIA

sempreITALIA Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We've never beaten Croatia. However, seeing as the next European Championships will have 24 teams Italy should have no problem qualifying. Players like Berardi and Gabbiadini should be given an opportunity with the full NT. Anyone see Gabbiadini's goal against Sevilla last week? Pure class.

jerrito repped this.
  6. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    First 2 go through automatically with 3rd place into a playoff so it shouldn't be too much of a problem to qualify.

Will we top the group though?

7. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I'm not worried about our options in attack and haven't been for quite some time. OUr midfield and defense however..

8. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    On results and performances in the last World Cup:
    midfield > defence > attack.

9. Parcae

Parcae Member

Nov 3, 2013
    When I saw that Conte was talking about making De Rossi the lynchpin of the team, I thought it had to be a typo for Rossi. Why exactly would Conte do that? I mean DDR is a good player but he's getting older and slower. He had a pretty awful tournament. If you're going to be limiting your use of Pirlo, why on earth focus on DDR instead of rebuilding around youth?

10. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    • He recognises that DDR has a proven track record at international level, of the current personnel how many have accomplished as much as he has
    • Its time for Pirlo and perhaps Buffon to go bye bye and so DDR emerges as the most natural replacement as the team's leader
    • The team lacks options in terms of players in their early 30s or younger who can fill the leadership role
    • Its about transitioning the team towards youth. It is a big step up from Serie A to international football, moreso with the state of Italian club football atm, there is no way this team can afford to lose Pirlo & De Rossi at the same time (Montolivo injured) b/c the youngsters need guidance.

wm72 and jerrito repped this.
  11. Anthony212

Anthony212 Member

Aug 8, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.football-italia.net/54667/conte-very-interested-rossi

12. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who's showing the Norway game, other than RAI.... I don't see it listed on ESPN.

13. sempreITALIA

sempreITALIA Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    FOXS1 is showing it on DISH Network. Channel 150 for me.

jerrito repped this.
  14. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Grazie Sempre! I did not know and was worried I could not watch it! Un pollice in su' tutto per te. :thumbsup: