Europa Match

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by truefan420, Nov 29, 2018.

1. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hudson-Odoi finally getting the start! Winning 2-0, a player up at home. Really hope to see Ampadu get on for 30 minutes to close out.

2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    glad to see multiple goals and goal scorers.

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, want to see CHO get some minutes.

4. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cho with a goal, Giroud with 2 and Morata with 1. Very good to see. Cho should get more chances. Giroud seems to be finding form which is much needed. Glad for Morata to wash the bad taste out of his mouth with a goal. Hopefully we can carry this back to the league.

5. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  6. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    don't see what this team loses by giving CHO chances more often over willy/pedro

7. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sarri says this game suited him well because it was all offense after the red card and he needs to learn how to work both sides of the ball. He's only 18. That's his manager, so...I think he'll be a good player. He got his minutes in Europa. I doubt he'll see time in the league.

8. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    you do this strawman thing a lot.. we all know his age, his manager, and that he got minutes in a europa league game. we probably won't see much if any of him in the league - thank you for the insight.

none of what you said answers to what we lose by not playing pedro/willy. it's an interesting question to me, not necessarily regarding only CHO but taking RLC into consideration as well. less to do with needing to see the youth and more interest in ending the nightmare that is having those 2 as perennial starters.

9. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea there have been a few games where Cho or Ampadu should have been given a chance in the EPL. And they should have seen more time so far in other Cup games than they have.

10. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I just think Sarri believes Pedro and Willian are more experienced players at this point, better skilled, and have a greater understanding/relationship with the rest of the squad and how to go about winning games at the highest level.

11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s all fine and dandy if the game is on the line but we’ve had a few games we’ve had breathing room and could/should have brought them in the give them a taste.

12. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    really most confusingly, moses has been on the bench over CHO in the league though. i like moses as a person, but CHO should be on the bench over him.

also, i think it's worth nothing how good RLC looked all game. he can be a real monster. and worth pointing out he was operating mostly in areas that the man down didn't really have an impact (meaning he was operating a lot right in front of their defense, that's not where they were sacrificing numbers).

i'd actually like to see a midfield three of RLC, Jorginho, and Barkley in a league game. i think Barkley has the skill to move in tandem with jorginho when jorginho gets man marked and can come a little deeper at times to pic up the ball when jorginho takes his marker out.

though to be fair, i'm in no way saying kante shouldn't play the way he does, i'm seeing the value there, just wouldn't mind seeing something slightly different at times.

13. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, I know. It's hard though. There's so much pressure. Everyone wants to see our youth shine.