Europa League: vs. Benfica (R)

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by MetroChile, Mar 10, 2010.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
  2. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    This will be a tuff tie. I wouldn't be surprise to see this one go down to PK's:(

3. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    we managed a tie in portugal, i think we can do it at home.

4. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Just saw the highlights. Looked like it could have been 0-2 or 0-3 after the 1st 20 minutes. A few wasted opportunities by Lucho and Brandao. I'll take a 1-1 heading back to the Velodrome. Thank God for HBA though!!!

5. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Dude, Brandao can't even finish a happy meal :mad: There was one play in the first half where he got some space from the defender & had a one on one w/ the keeper.
    Result: Shot wide left:rolleyes:

6. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Will be an interesting 2nd leg.

7. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ha! It really is frightening. I also noticed that Lucho has picked up the look of shock and awe when missing a great opportunity. He did the "I can't believe I missed that" face/head holding after missing some good ones much like Brandao and Niang do 4-5x per match.

8. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I actually thought this was Brandao's best game on a l'OM jersey, and he almost played as a LW. :eek:

Also, Bonnat had a solid game: why do most of you simply not rate him? :(

Finally, M'Bia is quite a find as a CB:MotM, imho. :cool:

9. Bonizzoni

Bonizzoni Member

May 4, 2004
    São Paulo - Brasil
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkmenistan
    I was a nice game - we find a nice score since Benfica needs to attack to have a chance and we can use Counter-Attacks to score.

We need to make a Koné-Niang-Ben Arfa trio at Velodrome.

I think we'll won at home.

10. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    [​IMG]
    I won't beat a dead horse. We all know that L'OM needs a Real #9. For some reason, the club has not gotten one. I guess the owners (whoever that might be) hope that Brandao will blossom. BTW, is Margarita Louis-Dreyfus (who is one very fine Madam)[​IMG] pulling the strings or is it Jean-Claude Dassier??? It seems that after Pape Diouf has left, there is a power vacuum. Am I the only one that thinks this???

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Dechamps is pulling the strings. I highly doubt Dassier or Dreyfus are involved in any football related activities. They just tell Dechamps how much he can spend. Thats my take anyway. Its like in England where the managers have all the power and you never hear from the owners/presidents. I believe Dechamps has a similar role like Sir Alex and Wenger do.

12. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I really hope you guys can win. I cant stand benfica, everytime I see that word it makes me want to vomit.,,\

you beating them is actually good and will make my day, as long as Sporting wins wit will be a gloious day.

remember 1989/90 the scum beat you with a handball. now is your chance for revenge..

ALLEZ MARSEILLES ALLEZ\

FORCA SPORTING!!!

13. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    yeah you had the better chances in the first leg from what I have heard/read except of course from typical delusional benfiquistas who actually think they have a chance..

show them what a great and true side Olympique Marseilles is... please beat them trust me if there is any team you do not want to lose to its this team.

14. Tony the French

Feb 28, 2002
    French Rivieria
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I was 13 years old when Vata has did this infamous hand goal
    in the champions cup semi final 20 years ago.. I was so angry.

.i want revange now !!