Europa League - SSC Napoli vs. RB Leipzig - Rd of 32

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    of course sarri did the right thing, SPAL made us suffer last time we played them to use Pep terms lol.

The only really bad thing was diawara's strokes the last 30 minutes of the game, since it might have breaken any confidence he might have had

2. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I disagree with that. I remember high quality players on our bench, one of them has just won the game for Chievo yesterday, their first win since November, I think. There are good players on our bench, but they no longer know the smell of the pitch.

I agree with people who say that if we can't beat SPAL with an improvised 11 we do not deserve to win SA, period. But that wouldn't be a problem, because I could easily stomach that, but I honestly think that such a team will have a lot of trouble with coming to the end of the season as winners. And if this prognosis turns out to be the case, this season will be of no value, absolutely nada, for by the end of the season we will have lost any and all chances to win anything at all.

But hopefully you guys are right and we can beat Juve on their own pitch, and keep winning every other game that comes to our grasp.

3. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Who cares. Juventus are beating Torino with a 3rd team + they just use var when in trouble lol

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  4. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well that's been exactly my point all along. Juventus are a very strong team, or whatnot, and now we compete with them and it is the only competition that we can win this year, there is nothing else. And moreover, this will put enormous pressure on the squad in general, because the regular line-up is good, but now they have to win every game till the end of the season, because if they don't, this season will be nothing more than a huge failure with no trophy, no success, no nothing. There is success in what we have been doing so far, but there is an extremely probable chance that in the end all the effort will amount to absolutely nothing at all, and that won't be a good thing for anyone.

But let's see what happens, Sarri has potential, in spite of the fact that he has his faults, i.e. his obvious inability to compete on the international level, which stems from the fact that he cannot rotate the squad. Therefore, he deserves another chance no matter what, but as I said, Mazarri had a team that was like 10, 20 times worse than this one, and he won something and he did well on all fronts...

So I would terminate this unhealthy praise, or overpraise, because it has no true basis in reality, the overpraise, I mean, not the praise that he rightfully deserves, and I mean Sarri, of course.

5. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We'll use this thread for the 2nd leg as well. Tomorrow should be our last game in Europe this season.

I don't know why Mertens is even included in the squad. I would've liked to see Machach instead. Oh well..

Napoli squad for Leipzig: Reina; Rafael, Sepe, Albiol, Mario Rui, Hysaj, Koulibaly, Maggio, Tonelli; Jorginho, Allan, Diawara, Hamsik, Rog, Zielinski; Callejon, Ounas, Insigne, Mertens

Sacki repped this.
  6. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I hope we line up like this
    Sepe
    Maggio-Tonelli-albiol-rui
    rog-diawara-zielinski
    ounas-de laurentiis-giuntoli

so disappointed we didnt call up youth players or machach

7. cipro

cipro Member

Oct 9, 2005
    PhuckHead
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Lineups.

[​IMG]

Leipzig bench: Mvogo, Kaiser, Forsberg, Augustin, Ilsanker, Klostermann, Schmitz

Napoli bench: Sepe, Hysaj, Koulibaly, Rog, Ounas, Jorginho, Callejon

8. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    What is the point of playing zielinski on the wing? he is not good there

9. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Maggio > hysaj
    This season. Meant as an insult

10. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I saw his face once throughout the game, and that was both the first and the last time I noticed him on the pitch.

11. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Every time I watch you guys I'm reminded how much I like Allan.

That was a foul on Kampl , he was all over him.

12. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    who cares, they're both shit.

we're out. mission accomplished.

must feel like shit for ounas not to play a single minute after scoring in the first leg regardless of how much of an anarchist sarri thinks he is, especially if you take into consideration diawara got picked again

Retrosword and cipro repped this.
  13. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    If we don't win the title this year, I can already see the articles of the journalists from all over the world. ''Napoli, the team that neither wanted nor needed to win''. And if it won't be decided in the match against Juve, but against Cagliari, for example, then I can already hear the laughter of the world.

14. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Lol no one is going to laugh at you. You're the envy of many fans of football, and a testament to the beautiful game.

Pretty much everyone is rooting for you. The only people that will be harsh are your own fans , Juve fans, and morons.

15. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I think that's wrong, especially for our team. I have already enumerated the arguments in favor of my opinions regarding this matter. I will give you some of them here. Mazzari could compete on all fronts and win something, with beautiful football, with a team where Yebda was playing, or Gargano, or many others who were not as good as the guys that are there today.

This team has more potential than to lose everything, and playing beautiful football isn't everything. And btw, it often isn't all that beautiful.

And I was listening to the English commentators throughout the game today, and they had very different opinions about the whole problem, ones rather similar to those of my own.

And don't take this as if I wanted to attack Sarri, because it's the very opposite. I believe in him, that's why I am sad when I see him and the guys losing games without a good reason.

And how do you think the players will feel if they lose everything? How many of them will stay? Especially those who have barely played at all this season(most of the bench)?

Retrosword repped this.
  16. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Yeah, that's not really what I'm getting at. You said people will be laughing at you if you don't win the Scudetto. I'm telling you they won't.

Most people appreciate what you guys have become and represent. And no one wants Juve to win.

The Sarri concerns or possible player departures aren't something I know enough about to comment on.

Insigne4BalonD'or repped this.
  17. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Oh, yeah, sorry for that, it was more like an exaggeration of the given situation. But you must admit that it's funny, because it is extremely pathetic to go out of both CHL and EL due to nothing more than our own stupidity and naivety. We underestimated the first game with Shahtar in CHL, and now we underestimated the first game against Liepzig. After Shahtar we had Benevento in SA, after Liepzig we had SPAL. That's why I deemed the exaggeration plausible, for it was manageable, if only we had some balls.

Now we are running a great risk, and I sincerely hope Sarri and the guys can win the title, but if they don't the disappointment will be absolute, both players and fans will be devastated. It's quite a lot to risk without the obvious necessity to risk it, for I am certain we would have won the games against both Bene and SPAL, even if we had made more than 3 changes to our regular lineup.

Sacki and Retrosword repped this.
  18. Danijel

Danijel Member

SSC Napoli
    Apr 25, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Tonelli deserves more minutes. Amazing performance from him last night.

Sacki repped this.
  19. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    He is a warrior and such a healthy type to have in the squad.
    We have such great depth on that front.

I'm worried that one of my favourite players Rog burned all his bridges with sarri in the first leg where he handed in a performance I would consider to be one of the season's worst from any napoli player

Danijel repped this.
  20. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    All I have to say is what the ******** was Sarri thinking playing first team players in this game? What a complete dipshit. For all Sarri has done extremely well in Serie A (without Rube's bullshit we are clear in first and won scudetto Sarri's first season)... he is a complete putz in Europe.

All is forgiven however with 3 points against Cagliari however

21. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Really? Do we really want the title? Juventus are the ones we compete against, have you ever heard them doubting themselves against anyone or not being sure about beating Cagliari?
    The point is, what if we win against Cagliari and then Juventus beat us 4:0 at their home stadium, and thus take the title away from us, Piguain running around celebrating and putting his fist into the air? Would that be easy to digest? :p

22. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Guys who gives a shit about the Europa League anyways

23. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    I was disappointed how Sarri handled the Champions League cuz we should have gone through but i don't really care that he threw away the EL

tripwire repped this.
  24. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    If he wins the league, then I don't really care that much as well, although I will remember that it was an unnecessary 'goodbye', for we should have and could have beaten Liepzig without wasting that much energy.
    But if we don't win the league all that will be left for us to take is to congratulate to Shahtar, Liepzig, Juventus, Juventus(Coppa), and whatever...