Europa League MD1 - Arsenal v Vorskla

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by crazy150, Sep 16, 2018.

1. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    upload_2018-9-16_14-26-50.jpeg

When: Thursday Sept. 20 15:00 EST
    Where: Emirates Stadium

TV: Here we go...sigh. Bleacher Report stream for $2.99 per game or $9.99 per month for all EL games. Check your local spanish language TV channels. For me, unimas has the game. If you don’t get unimas on your cable, then break out the old antenna and find your local station if you live in a heavily Latino area. https://www.stationindex.com/tv/by-net/telefutura
    On the plus side, you won’t have to listen to warren Barton and those Fox knobs talk nonsense this year.

Lineup? More likely I can forecast the route of the next hurricane. I think we will see Leno, Lichtsteiner, elneny, Danny and iwobi for sure. The rest I have no idea. Maybe ESW, nketieh and willock? Maybe guendozi or torriera?

Anyway, no excuse not to win this one and convincingly. Welbeck hat trick.

Attached Files:

BIGHMW repped this.
  2. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No thanks, I am not about to get gouged by Ted Turner and THAT TRAITOR "Hanoi Jane" Fonda to watch a poor-quality stream thank you, as for the Spanish version, Univision pulled all of its networks from DISH (carriage dispute meaning they want more $$$), and we live in a very fringe area (Port Townsend) so no signal.

We'll just have to do without it, that and have to put up with following all of you on this thread.

3. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe @Cannon will do PBP on this thread? If not, and if I'm on it, I'm happy to do that. I remember years ago doing that a few times on request.

Bring on the kids! If Torreira starts this game, I must say I'll be a little puzzled. I.e. why has he not made his way into the first XI?

p.s. Vorskla????? We better not stumble!

BIGHMW repped this.
  4. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They lost 4-1 to Shakhtar a month ago. Draw from that what you will . . .

5. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just noticed that GolTV will air this match the following day (Friday) at 10pm ET. With any luck it will be in English (as part of their Arsenal TV content) but then again this may be wishful thinking.

6. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks @NorthBank but GolTV was permanently pulled by DISH years ago (and yes, it too, was because of a carriage dispute with GolTV ownership), which explains why I had to use FirstRowSports.eu and the now-defunct ATDHE.NET to stream VfL Wolfsburg matches as nobody in the US other than GolTV carried the Bundesliga and everybody (Comcast, DirecTV, etc.) pulled GolTV after BeIN Sports was launched back in 2013.

7. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FOX used to broadcast the Europa Highlights show. Is Turner not going to do that?? If so, boo hiss.

BIGHMW repped this.
  8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hope we see Mav and Leno start

Ps where is iwobi?

9. ArsenalJake

ArsenalJake Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read he was sick but started back with training sessions Wednesday last week.

10. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I'll have the beeb online commentary up but PBP on Big Soccer is much appreciated and reminds me of the glory days around here circa 2005!

BIGHMW, footykid and NorthBank repped this.
  11. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The guide also says I get it on unimas, channel 60 on directv in chicago area

12. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #12 NorthBank, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    Yup it should be fun watching en espanol. As long as it doesn't become a habit. I only know like 20 words.

Edit: sh1t I just realized I scheduled a doctor's appointment then. If I'm lucky I catch 2T. Or watch the whole thing later on dvr. I.e. Someone else will have to do PBP. ;)

13. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not on DISH, Univision pulled all of its networks from DISH (long-going carriage dispute), and it might be permanent as both parties still cannot come to an agreement, it has been off for MONTHS now, and most network O&O local affiliates, including KUNS here in Seattle, have been pulled as well, so I can't view it, F**KING TED TURNER!!!

14. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope, they're not, only the Finals in May.

15. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    Expect lots of rotation for this one. Completely new back 5: Leno, Lichtsteiner, Holding, Mavropanos, and Bramall(?). Torreira at the 6 and Guendouzi at the 8, and a front four of Iwobi, Miki, Welbeck, and PEA as the striker.

16. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    A chance for the side's continued evolution in adapting to Emery's style, preferably with some of the kids sampling the pitch. Assume/Hope we'll also see Leno in action?

Would love to see this play out as a clinical training exercise in defensive solidity. No reason Arsenal's goal should come under threat from this side so make that a point of emphasis and build up that aspect of the team's play.

17. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The TV situation is just so dire this year. I have to say that we are a bit spoiled in the good ole USA with all these viewing options up unitl last year. Carabao cup matches or whatever we used to call league cup back then were often not telecast up until QF stage.

Do we get to see some exciting young players or will Unai leave them out for League cup?

This is what I think we will see:

Leno

Lich Holding Papa Monreal

Nene Iwobi Torreira

Mkhi PEA Welbz

18. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leno
    Lich Mavo Holding Welbeck?
    Torreia Nenny
    Rowe
    Mkhi Nketiah Iwobi

19. meyers

meyers Member

Jun 11, 2003
    W. Mass
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can still hate them both all you want, however, they have been divorced for 17 years. I doubt she has much to do with him anymore.

BIGHMW, NorthBank and casoccerdad47 repped this.
  20. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Not to mention ATT owns turner networks now, iirc.

meyers repped this.
  21. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    #21 casoccerdad47, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Looks like you nailed it.

Bellerin is the only defender on the bench, let's hope the defenders have a stress free game and avoid injury.

22. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I like the lineup but I am worried they won't play with any flow.

23. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I've been on vacation for a while so I haven't been paying a ton of attention, but are we turning Iwobi into a central midfielder and I missed it?

24. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The UniMas feed is choppier than an internet stream.

Also, ******** this Ukrainian team for wearing green against our red. Think of the color blind.

25. Bluto11

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    From the beeb commentary it seems like the play is a little disjointed, but PEA made it 1-0 so all good.