Europa Cup: 2nd Leg. Chelsea FC Vs. Eintracht Frankfurt FC

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StamfordBridgeLions, May 9, 2019.

1. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Turns out this was plenty with maybe half of the tickets being returned by clubs according to several reports :D

UEFA always chasing the euro. I'd say the fans were last in their minds but that presumes they are even in their minds which is debatable.

They claim it was unpredictable that two English clubs would make it, but it was entirely predictable teams from western Europe would be there and Baku was a shite location for them too, just maybe slightly less shite.

lobomojo and Wrath repped this.
  2. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yes I never considered applying for tickets. How can you award a game to a city without the required infastructure. Article in the Guardian today saying that Arsenal should have pulled out on the basis of "leave no one behind " and Chelsea should back them.

3. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I read that same report yesterday and agreed. Eat the fine and make a point. Could even have arranged a cheeky friendly to be played instead.

4. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsenal can’t afford that tho. They need UCL next year and this is their only way.

5. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh definitely. This is in the category of what we would like to see versus what we will see.

I dont literally expect arsenal or Chelsea to boycott irregardless of whether UCL is on the line or not. Just wish for once a club would do something more than issue a strongly worded but utterly meaningless press release :)

truefan420 repped this.