Europa Cup: 2nd Leg. Chelsea FC Vs. Eintracht Frankfurt FC

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StamfordBridgeLions, May 9, 2019.

1. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Oh he was, I was a much more regular attendee back then (easier to get tickets) and he revolutionised our style of play (took time though and for a while it looked like we would 'flirt' with relegation) in fact you've just reminded me on why we should perhaps give Sarri a bit of time! As for this game......once again we play decent enough for a 'period' of the game and really sh*t for a 'period' of the game, its starting to annoy the f*ck out of me! I have a new 'sensation' this year its winning but feeling like a loss! Even in a European Semi Final!! Weird feeling!

2. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know it's against the theme in this forum but thought Jorginho was fantastic outside of a few mistakes

1126574815773589504 is not a valid tweet id

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  3. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He really was. Hoddle was first (the 94 cup final was a major achievement). He then bought in Hughes and gullit. Vialli and Zola and others followed. Made 4th. Roman. Multiple titles. All started with hoddle though. Weird dude but he turned us around and gave us both belief and some fun football. Harding financed a lot of the change but nothing happens today without hoddle and this sub forum probably gets 2 posts a season.

4. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The Champions League winners (Spurs or the Bin Dippers) will face the Europa League winners (either Arsenal or Chelsea) in the Uefa Super Cup in Istanbul, Turkey on Wednesday, 14 August. UEFA must be very happy :D

Crawleybus and lobomojo repped this.
  5. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    lol the theme of this forum. its the theme of reality as we watched most games. he has improved lately

Kerry Dixon's Boots repped this.
  6. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Jorg has improved as the season's gone on; specifically when he had a bandage on his head.

Kepa has improved.
    RLC has improved
    CHO has improved

A bunch of others have regressed. Barkley has improved marginally.

7. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    so he got better the last 3-4 games, maybe less than that

otherwise he regressed heavily after our unbeaten run and became the weak link in our team (can someone please explain how this is wrong? i'm curious because unless i've lost my 2 remaining brain cells, i seem to remember quite clearly teams targeting him and us getting absolutely ********ing dismantled on a few occasions thanks to their strategy)

lobomojo repped this.
  8. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He looks especially bad because the whole team was bad. And that's on the manager. Streaky as hell.

9. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forget where I saw this but someone had a comment on Jorgy and I’m paraphrasing... when we’re bad his flaws stands out like a sore thumb. When we’re good his strengths go unnoticed but are absolutely integral to making everything flow.

Wrath and Ninjatend0 repped this.
  10. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That was on the app/radio broadcast.

11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shit you’re right. That’s how my mornings going folks.

12. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is the seat allotment for the final. Nice one Uefa.

[​IMG]

lobomojo repped this.
  13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Why does Arse get more seats (based on this photo)?

14. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    btw - player rotation in the squad. Y'know Sarri really does not do it enough. I know I mentioned that before and well I am right y'know. Watching Zappacosta last night I was thinking why have we not seen more of him this season? He should have played a few more games, especially against the "lesser teams". Sarri's rigidity in player selection has not helped us and now he bemoans that we have played too many games when he really could have lessened that impact in several key areas.

Only two sides have rotated less than Sarri’s Chelsea this season.

Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  15. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Zappacosta was getting pt until he requested to go mid year. After the move to Lazio failed to happen he got shut down. Don’t agree with it but it is what it is.

You keep saying that but I don’t believe you post the info to support your claim. I’m not the only one who’s asked so either back it up or stop repeating it.

16. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    okay. type the phrase into the google and/or duck duck go and lo and behold you will find the sourced articles where the fact is mentioned.

life is simple.

17. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    JFC, i'll do it for you you lazy ass. burden of proof is on claims you make for future reference.

the infographic he is refering to is in this article...
    https://www.skysports.com/football/...needs-reaction-from-chelsea-against-tottenham

however, note that there are THREE things selective about this graphic. First, it's LINEUP changes. doesn't take in to account substitutions. Second, it's only the premier league (as i mentioned before, but you kept making the same claims, when it is immediately obvious that Sarri used lots of rotations in the european campaign.) and Third, this is from January so middle of the season and before some players started being more integrated.

and yea, Zappa was good last night, he was also rather crap in some other performances. really, when you have Dave, how often are you going to rotate him anyway.

truefan420 and Wrath repped this.
  18. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Is that true? I find that hard to believe. Sarri would have played him more this season but he asked to leave and was somehow being punished by Sarri? I don't think that he was getting more games earlier in the season at all.

I think the reason he has only played 3 games this season is that Sarri has simply failed to use his entire squad more effectively.

19. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    other performances? Not a lot really. We could have used him and others more this season imho.

Well, we are now looking at two injured CB's which means we may have to play Dave at CB in the final.

One could argue that more rotation throughout the season and we wouldn't have injured CB's in the first place?

20. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    STOP. USING. ONLY. LEAGUE. STATS.

seems to be a common theme here to pick your stats to fit your arguments.

Zappa has only played 3 LEAGUE games. he's played 9 europa league games, 2 FA cup games and 1 EFL game for a total of 929 minutes. THATS HOW YOU USE SQUADS, YOU SPREAD THEM OUT OVER MULTIPLE COMPETITIONS.

also, to comment on his less used later comment, that's mostly true, he stayed active through most of the europa league campaign, but for the league he was on the bench or played every game through gameweek 15, then 3 out of the next 6, then starting gameweek 22 he wasn't in the squad again until gameweek 35 and on. so yes...that's true.

21. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Again Sarri, has not rotated players enough is still a valid comment.

Not just here.

But the fact remains that Sarri has not rotated players enough this season - in all comp's - and he should have rotated players more and done so more effectively.

And also his 'like for like' substitutions are a problem imho

22. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Think this isn't an exact allotment. Just a representation of how few seats the actuals club fans are getting.

23. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As it’s been stated rotation is not just league it’s all the games combined. I could care less if Sarri used the same 11 for EPL if he uses a completely different 11 for the rest of the competitions. You’re looking at 38 games saying he doesn’t rotate but we didn’t play 38 games we played 61. There are times where he could have done better, yes but he’s also working with a team short on talent. He’s been fine.

24. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He still doesn't rotate enough in all 61 games and "fine" is not really good enough.

25. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn’t say he doesn’t rotate enough in 61. There were times I think he could have rotated better but that’s more about who I’d have liked to seen rotated in not the act itself. I’d have liked to see more Ampadu and Cho in early Europa/FA/Carbero. There was a run at the end where I thought Zappacosta should have got burn instead of Azpilicueta with the turn around in time. However, overall he’s been fine. Def room for improvement but it hasn’t cost us or burnt us so to speak.