EURO2016 #tousenfrance

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Blondo, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV

I guess I can't really fault him much for this line-up.
    Other than maybe Nainggolan instead of Witsel, but the AS Roma man hasn't really dazzled in recent games himself.

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I disagree with this bit. I wouldn't deem it an easy chance, but it wasn't the kind of opportunity that requires a perfect shot or an incredible finish to score on. The main problem was that Lukaku himself seemed unsure of how to finish and that always leads to failure.

3. Rode Duivels fan

Apr 16, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Good lineup, but only half the battle. We'll need to see improvement from pretty much everybody. And again, against a defensive Ireland, let's see some proper movement off the ball.

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Any predictions?
    I feel like this will be a 1-1 draw.

5. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    3-0 Belgium

6. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Anything Spain can do ...

To the Irish: "go home to your potato fields ... go home to your ginger kids ... go home to your paedo priests"

SF19 repped this.
  7. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Confidence building win. De Bruyne had a good match... looked when dropping back to help pull the strings in midfield. Should be able to beat Sweden

Zlatan would worry me but he's been uninspiring thus far

8. ra_sriniketan

ra_sriniketan Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Thank god wilmots reacted to the criticism. Meunier was exceptional, much better than ciman. Good result. Although there were too much space between the midfield and the defense. Ireland was not ready to expose that but better teams will.

9. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    That's a good point. I'm reminded a bit of Balotelli and that rocket he put past Neuer four years ago (he definitely had no hesitations about that one) and it does seem to me that more often than not something special is needed to beat quality players/teams.

10. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I still blame Wilmots for shelving Meunier after one poor game (only on the defensive end) against Chile.
    He should have been developing the player at that position for the actual tournaments. We could have been playing with a Thomas Meunier who had two years of experience at right-back now, instead of a player with just three starts.

avdmeers and SF19 repped this.
  11. avdmeers

avdmeers Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Colombia though...

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Oops, that's right. A bit of a brainfart there.

13. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
  14. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Play poorly but win ... that's the mark of a Champion.
    Now Wilmots just needs to luck his way into a Euro final ... our half of the table is wide open ... Hungary, Wales? (in Lille!!!) and only in the SFs you'd expect a team like Croatia/Portugal ... if Wilmots doesn't reach the SFs, he will have failed ... no two ways about it.

[​IMG]

15. Gorando

Gorando Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Mar 12, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Lots of space between the lines. Our team is not compact enough.

Only Courtois, Vermaelen, Hazard have been good so far.

16. ra_sriniketan

ra_sriniketan Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Only one better team in this section........Croatia. Should reach the semis ........minimum.

17. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    1. listen

2. watch

[​IMG]

3. enjoy ... or have a wank ... whatever makes you happy.

18. RMCFkevin

RMCFkevin Member+

Nov 20, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hungary have looked pretty solid all tournament. This will be a tough match. Excited for it though.

Hoping for a De Bruyne hatty and progression to the next round!

19. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Permanently start either Batshuayi or Origi. Lukaku is nothing but a liability up front. Hazard and add Bruyne constantly need to compensate for his complete lack of effort and running. He misses too many chances and he has an atrocious first touch. Belgium's offence today completely opened up when Batshuayi came on. His off the ball movement is much better than Lukaku, so is his touch and control.

20. ra_sriniketan

ra_sriniketan Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Best performance by Hazard in national colors. Awesome. Vermaelen won't be available against Wales. Its a shame. He was starting to look like his old self. Will it be Denayer in the middle or J. Lukaku on the left Vertonghen in the middle remains to be seen. Also R.Lukaku or Batshuyai to start?

21. Gorando

Gorando Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Mar 12, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I would start Jordan Lukaku, Batshuayi, Carrasco instead of Vermaelen, Mertens & R. Lukaku

Blondo repped this.
  22. ra_sriniketan

ra_sriniketan Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Batshuyai looks much mobile than Lukaku and in fine goal scoring form but Lukaku scored two important goals against Ireland so he is also in good goal scoring form as well. Its a toss up. But Wilmots will start Lukaku 99%.

23. avdmeers

avdmeers Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Hoping this is the end of Wilmots

Blondo and oliveandblue repped this.
  24. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If he doesn't resign after that then he needs to be dragged out, don't think I've ever seen a worse performance than that of Fellani when he came on as sub.

MatthausSammer repped this.
  25. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Can't say the loss was a huge surprise ... Wilmots resigning is the only silver lining that I'm looking for now ... correction, that would be a triple platinum lining.

RMCFkevin and MatthausSammer repped this.