Euro qualifiers - Holland vs. Germany and Estonia

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Brilliant Dutch, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think Malen deserves a start. And there's no better opponent than Estonia. Let him get his feet wet against weaker opposition first

2. We only have minnows left to play against.

3. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #103 Brilliant Dutch, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Northern Ireland is no minnow, and we have a terrible away record against Belarus.

We are 1-1 in Minsk. 4 goals for, 3 against

4. Give me a list of their players in meaningful clubs that strike the fear of God in me.

5. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    When they beat us 2-1 in 2007 they apparently didnt need players from meaningful clubs to strike the fear of God in us

6. MOD
    ............if this isnot worth a red card:mad:.....I settle for a yellow:)

7. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Also NI is ranked 29th right now. They are ahead of countries like Turkey, Morocco, Iceland (remember them?), Japan, Russia, Australia and a bunch of others.

They are no minnow

8. We will brexit them the hard way:D

gabrielguilarte and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  9. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It may also be his best game since his prime days with Liverpool. For me, best Babel performance ever was with Jong Oranje in the u-21 euro in 2007, with Drenthe & Rigters. He was really good when used as a shadow striker in 4 4 2 formation.

10. Okay, you passed a red line...
    MOD.....yellow card .....at least:mad:

Oranje98 repped this.
  11. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

12. https://www.90min.com/posts/6449630...gs-reaction-as-dominant-dutch-romp-to-victory
    Player Ratings

Starting XI: Neuer (6); Sule (5), Tah (4), Ginter (5); Klostermann (5), Kimmich (5), Kroos (6), Schulz (5); Reus (6), Gnabry (7*), Werner (5).
    Substitutes: Havertz (6), Gundogan (6), Brandt (N/A).

Key Talking Point
    [​IMG]
    From minute one, the Netherlands looked like they wanted this one more. Germany made them work for it, but they eventually got the result they deserved.

They are looking to seal qualification to their first major tournament since 2016 but, with performances like this, that is not going to be a problem. If they maintain this form, they will be real contenders at Euro 2020.

Netherlands are toying with Germany.
    HOOK IT TO MY VEINS 

— Nadim (@Nadim_UTD) September 6, 2019

guys i think the Netherlands might win the 2022 world cup

— spooky jonathan 嵐 (@boilinhotcoffee) September 6, 2019

Ronald Koeman will know that his side's performance in the first half was not good enough, but he clearly knows what to say to bring the best out of his team. It was a fantastic performance from the Netherlands, who will be feeling confident going forward.

Player Ratings

Starting XI: Cillessen (7); Dumfries (5), De Ligt (7), Van Dijk (6), Blind (6); De Roon (6), Wijnaldum (8), De Jong (8*); Promes (6), Depay (7), Babel (7).
    Substitutes: Malen (7), Propper, (6) Ake (N/A).

STAR MAN - Frenkie de Jong

[​IMG]
    Whenever the Netherlands did anything good, it tended to come through De Jong. The Barcelona man was electric in midfield, dictating the tempo of his team's play with ease.

His uncanny way of just drifting between the lines was on full show against Germany, and his work rate was rewarded with an impressive equaliser, which happened to be his first international goal for the senior side.

Frenkie De Jong is a top 5 midfielder in the world. @ me

— T (@tristandavey7) September 6, 2019

Give Frenkie De Jong the MOTM award... What a game

— TAHER (@muhamed_taher) September 6, 2019

He kept his team in the ascendancy throughout, and looks to be exactly what this Dutch side needed to rejuvenate themselves. If he can bring this form to Camp Nou, Barcelona fans will be in heaven.

Orange14 and Oranje98 repped this.
  13. wynaldaisagod

wynaldaisagod Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Aug 9, 2019
    So spend some money and get VAR cameras/goal line technology in the smaller stadiums? They're going to have Nations League, WCQs at those smaller countries for years and years. Just get VAR in now. It's not like UEFA doesn't have enough money.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That is the plan but there are a lot of stadiums to outfit for VAR. They also have to have enough VAR trained officials which is another stumbling block. English CRs were kept out of competitions last season as the EPL had not implemented VAR.

15. AD Sportwereld players rating:
    https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetbal/oranje-op-rapport-malen-en-wijnaldum-slopen-duitsland~ac9b1575/
    Oranje op rapport: Malen en Wijnaldum slopen Duitsland

cijfersOranje speelde een memorabele interland tegen de Duitsers. De rust die de ploeg uitstraalde na de 0-1 en de 2-2 zegt iets over vertrouwen in eigen kunnen. Met debutant Donyell Malen als goudhaan, die net als Van Basten in 1988 Oranje langs Duitsland mikte. En met Wijnaldum als toegift: 2-4.

Mikos Gouka 06-09-19, 22:58 Laatste update: 07-09-19, 12:18
    Jasper Cillessen 7
    Jasper Cillessen redde voor rust tweemaal sterk. De eerste redding op een schot van Klostermann leverde in de rebound alsnog 1-0 op. De poging van Reus voorkwam de 2-0. Wel geklopt door Kroos vanaf de stip.

[​IMG]
    Jasper Cillessen. © REUTERS
    Denzel Dumfries 5,5
    De rechtsback trok mee ten aanval, maar de finesse ontbrak bij belangrijke momenten. Koeman haalde hem naar de kant kort na rust bij 1-0 en liet Promes aan de rechterkant tegen Schulz spelen.

[​IMG]
    Denzel Dumfries. © EPA
    Matthijs de Ligt 7
    Van twijfels na de moeizame start bij Juve, was geen sprake. Met een kopbal ook op jacht naar de 1-1. Redde na rust ook bij een poging van Gnabry. Kreeg ten onrechte een strafschop tegen die 2-2 opleverde.

[​IMG]
    Mathijs de Ligt. © EPA
    Virgil van Dijk 7
    De centrale verdediger bleef Oranje als een ware leider naar voren stuwen. Was woedend op arbiter Artur Soares Dias die een handsbal van De Ligt bestrafte met een strafschop die de 2-2 opleverde.

[​IMG]
    Virgil van Dijk. © REUTERS
    Daley Blind 7
    Daley Blind kon zich vooral na rust meer en meer met de aanval bemoeien. Ontfermde zich na de pauze in verdedigend opzicht prima over invaller Julian Brandt.

[​IMG]
    Daley Blind. © REUTERS
    Marten de Roon 6
    De Roon begon wat ongelukkig, maar knokte zich terug in de wedstrijd. Werd ingewisseld in een poging om het middenveld van meer creativiteit te voorzien.

[​IMG]
    Marten de Roon. © AP
    Georginio Wijnaldum 8
    Georginio Wijnaldum kreeg tien minuten na rust de kans op 1-1, maar zijn schot werd gepareerd door Manuel Neuer. De schitterende assist bij de 2-3 van Malen en die sprint voor zijn goal bij 2-4: indrukwekkend.

[​IMG]
    Georginio Wijnaldum. © Pim Ras Fotoprafie
    Frenkie de Jong 8
    De eerste treffer van Frenkie de Jong was een belangrijke en mooie. Keurig nipt voor Nico Schulz en bekeken langs Manuel Neuer geschoten: 1-1. Bleef ook in de zware slotfase fysiek sterk overeind.

16. [​IMG]
    Frenkie de Jong. © REUTERS
    Ryan Babel 6,5

De voorzet bij de 1-1 van De Jong kwam van linkerspits Ryan Babel, die pas na het inbrengen van Malen aan de linkerkant ging spelen. Bij de 1-2 was hij ook betrokken al maakte Tah een eigen goal.

[​IMG]
    Ryan Babel. © BSR Agency
    Memphis Depay 7
    Een krachtige poging op de handschoen van Manuel Neuer als hoogtepunt. Zocht na rust naar ruimte door ook veel aan de zijkanten op te duiken, zijn fraaie balletje op Wijnaldum kwam vanuit het centrum. Was ook de aangever van de 2-4.

[​IMG]
    Memphis Depay. © Getty Images
    Quincy Promes 6,5
    En daar flitste Lukas Klostermann uit zijn rug, de hulp van de centrumverdedigers kwam te laat. Het was de inleiding voor de 1-0. Maar Promes knokte zich terug. Na de dubbele wissel aan de rechterkant.

[​IMG]
    Quincy Promes. © EPA
    De invallers:

Donyell Malen 7,5
    Oranje heeft er weer een speler bij die het verschil kan maken. Malen viel sterk in en kreeg twee kansen. De eerste miste hij nog, bij de tweede schoot hij Oranje naar de volle winst in Hamburg.

[​IMG]
    Donyell Malen. © BSR Agency
    Davy Pröpper 7
    Davy Pröpper viel prima in. Bracht rust aan de bal en staat sinds hij in de Premier League speelt ook zonder problemen in fysiek opzicht zijn mannetje.

[​IMG]
    Davy Pröpper (l). © BSR Agency
    Nathan Aké -
    Viel in de slotfase in voor de moegestreden Ryan Babel om de 2-3 over de streep te trekken in Hamburg. Aan de linkerkant in het centrale blok ingeklemd tussen Van Dijk en Blind.

[​IMG]
    Nathan Aké (l). © BSR Agency
    Bondscoach:

Ronald Koeman 8
    Ronald Koeman keek het na rust tien minuten aan en koos voor een dubbele wissel. Davy Pröpper en Donyell Malen. Een kwartier later was het 1-2. Dat kun je geluk noemen. Na de 2-3 snel Aké voor Babel om de buit binnen te halen.

[​IMG]

Ronald Koeman. © REUTERS

17. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Those are some of the worst ratings I've seen. Daley Blind a 7 when he was the worst player on the pitch. Ryan Babel rated lower at 6.5 when he was incredible the other day. Depay should be man of the match and has multiple people rated higher.

I honestly think they didn't even watch the game and just gave ratings off their reputation

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  18. Sorry, buddy, but the foreigners rating of the Orange players didnot differ much or not at all. So they were watching a different match too?
    Stop trying to justify your opinion with fake reasons.

19. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    My opinion is fake lol? So Blind played a great game? And was better than Babel? Alright then buddy.

20. It's not about my opinion, as I havenot expressed one at all. It's about you blasting a Dutch opinion as they must been watching another match while the rating of a foreign rater not bothered by personal Dutch preferences about players comes to almost the same rating.

21. However you keep missing the glaring point. It's not about how good or ba the back otions are for the Orange team. It's about the moronic insistance on Dest being better than people that have proven themselves to have earned the spot in the Orange team, while Dest has shown nothing. If that doesnot come through to you it's useless for you to continue quoting me. Just give me proof of Dest being superior to the rest by presenting facts.

22. venema20

venema20 Member

Jun 17, 2014
    I've been an advocate for the KNVB to pursue him and get him on Jong Oranje. There has been all sorts of talk that the KNVB hasn't reached out to him. That has been my major issue.

I've said in the past, right now I want Karsdorp as my starting RB if he proves to be healthy. And with Dest and Hoever down the line.

23. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Lol you two are really building up a rivalry here :p

24. Oranje98

Oranje98 Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I am interested to see who will replace de Roon in the next game (two yellows). I think Propper did a very good job last game. His introduction to the game gave a lot of freedom to Frenkie & Gini.
    Also, I think Dumfries may not start, however, I think he should start in this supposedly easy game to gain some confidence.
    I am a fan of Promes but I would like to see Malen starting the game, since Babel is probably starting after his very good game against Germany.

25. Koeman is thinking about some substitutions in the Estonia line up.
    https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...sels-tegen-estland-vanwege-frisheid~afc05ea4/
    Dumfries
    Vrijdag tegen Duitsland speelde bijvoorbeeld Denzel Dumfries als een soort rechtsbuiten. In die rol was de verdediger niet zuiver in zijn aannames bij twee, drie momenten die tot grote kansen of goals hadden kunnen leiden. Tegen Estland zullen de ruimtes nog kleiner zijn.

Dumfries

Friday against Germany, for example, Denzel Dumfries played as a kind of right winger. In that role, the defender was not faultless in his controlling the ball at two, three moments that could have led to great opportunities or goals. The spaces against Estonia will be even smaller.