Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I would strongly advise against applying for more tickets if you already have 4. You run the risk of losing all of them.

Are you sure you have 4 and are allowed to apply for more? Maybe you have the 4 on a different account.

I suspect they would only disregard your next app but why risk it?

mazinio and Ric_Braz repped this.
  2. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can only see the use of a guest name as a deterrent to multi applications that swamped them in the first phase. There is no possible way to guarantee that a chosen guest, even if there is one, will still be able to go in 7 months times for many reasons. Can you imagine the Wembley stewards trying to compare all the names of Croatian, Czech, Serb, Norwegian etc. fans on entering the ground?!

3. Stephen Sweetman

Oxford United
    England
    Aug 8, 2019
    Agreed, all the England ones allocated to the fan club will go straight away. Only 14,000 allocated specifically to them.

But I've applied through the general sale. There are 62,000 other seats in the stadium, I assume a large chunk will go to sponsors and a lot will have gone in Phase 1 but there should be some left over? They'll be one of the ones I am hoping for!

4. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I see you have applied for Game 20. I thought that was one UEFA were trying to get you to buy in the first phase already.

5. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the idea above that it is to deter or weed out multiple applications is on the right track. With all the multiple applications last time I bet they were somewhat surprised at the number of successful applicants who did not purchase tickets. Remember they were not even slated to have a second public sale originally I don’t think. I don’t know if guest name info will stop gamesmanship, but it will reduce it.

I also think for many people who are just buying tickets they know they and their guests will use, and who don’t plan on transferring tickets around or selling them outside UEFA platforms and know who the guests are, it will add a level of convenience. Presumably (hopefully.) the guest can link a UEFA account and receive their tickets and free travel cards and other associated benefits of the app seamlessly.

6. Stephen Sweetman

Oxford United
    England
    Aug 8, 2019
    Quite possibly but at that point, I was still going to Baku. Have ditched that now, so hoping to get a London ticket instead. In hindsight, I wouldn't have gone for Baku :ROFLMAO:

7. mazinio

mazinio Member+

Apr 16, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I am not sure it will reduce the nbr of multiple accounts as these guest names, every one knows, have no importance and will be transfered, close to the events, to genuine people attending the games

belfasteric repped this.
  8. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes but it puts doubt in some people's minds which would probably reduce the epidemic of mass orders they got in the summer. I still think it is promising that they have not at any point stated how many tickets have been sold so far. FIFA would not shut up about it.

9. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I do hope the excellent contributor from the English travel club does not mind me plagiarizing here but I think it is a concise way of putting a number of peoples questions about this ticket phase.....

Fact : All of the blurb from UEFA said that there was only going to be one sale period for the general public in June / July 2019.

Inference : All tickets for the general public sale will have been made available last June / July. No tickets will have been held back for a future general public sale.

Fact : People are now being told that the general public can apply for tickets in the December 2019 sales window.

Inference : UEFA didn't sell all of their tickets in the summer sale. The tickets on offer will be those which were not bought in the summer. These will probably be mainly category 1 and / or for less popular venues.

Fact : The December sale period is for the 20 teams which have qualified for the finals tournament. Tickets available in this sale are being placed under the control of the 20 national FAs, who will distribute them to registered fans according to the rules of their supporters club.

Fact : Unregistered supporters of the 20 teams can apply for tickets through a different portal.

Inference : The tickets available to unregistered supporters will be those which were not sold by the FAs to their registered fans. There might not be any such tickets. If there are any tickets, they are likely to be category 1.

10. BailzLad

BailzLad Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Hey guys, can someone clear up the ticket purchase for me this time around.

If I apply for England games for me and my friend with his details, can he do the same and put my details in as his guest? Or just one of us apply ?

thanks

11. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forzabarca and Ric_Braz repped this.
  12. Dave123007

Dave123007 Member

Juventus
    Portugal
    Aug 10, 2019
  13. BailzLad

BailzLad Member

Jul 22, 2015
  14. Tony mahoney

Tony mahoney New Member

Real Madrid
    Oct 27, 2019
    Swap,
    I have:
    June 20, France - playoff team, Budapest (cat2, x4)
    June 24, France - Portugal, Budapest (cat3, x4)

Looking for:
    Jun 13, Den - Fin, Copenhagen
    Jun 22, Belgium - Fin, St Petersburg

Stenrun@hotmail.com

15. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Galatasaray & Nottingham Forest
    Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    Can I just say a public thank you, before your post I wasn't aware you could buy the conditional tickets at this stage and I wasn't even going to bother to use my access code to log in. I'm now set up with conditional Rof16, SF and Final tickets. Thank you, Sir. :)

popularside repped this.
  16. BailzLad

BailzLad Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Applied for all potential England games, I presume very slim chance. Only 2 tickets per game. Ah well never know... be happy if pulled off one of them.

17. WIPPA411

WIPPA411 Member

FC BAYERN MUNICH
    Germany
    Dec 13, 2017
    Anyone interested in France /Germany game CAT 1 PM me. I have 2 Under my Application.

PJ

18. Jack97

Jack97 New Member

Liverpool
    Australia
    Aug 15, 2019
    Do guests names on the application matter? Thinking about putting family names on applications even though they aren’t attending to get more chance of getting tickets. Would that be ok?

19. HIIBEE

HIIBEE Member

Rangers
    Scotland
    Apr 16, 2018

You may be right there sir,I'll follow your lead. :)

20. detredwin

detredwin Member

Oct 30, 2019
    A different question on the applications - has anyone figured out if it is possible to buy group tickets through the FA sale and then have separate application out for the knockouts NOT involving that team? To be more specific, I have a general application out for 2 Round of 16 games not involving any group F teams but can currently also buy tickets through Portuguese FA for Portugal's group games. If I now buy Portugal games, would my general application be somehow tossed because I buy tickets through a different purchase path? If anyone knows an answer, I would appreciate a response.

Thank you.
    Gary

21. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It shouldn't be. I currently have tickets for 2 Round of 16 games I got in first phase and then Portugal-Germany I picked up through being a Portugal+ member. Sounds like the scenario you are describing.

22. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    This was possible in 2012 & 2016 but doesn't appear to be this time around. I had Republic of Ireland to the final in both cases and later rounds bought on the same email etc that could have been us. In 2016 the only ticket I had at this stage was Lyon Rof16 which I also got on my Rep of Ireland FMT.

This time it appears the portals are linked and I would not advise buying any potentail knockout games that could involve England. Group games on different days should be no issue. The FA talked about a 7 game limit but that is probably a cut and paste from 2018. UEFA do not impose such a limit just a game a day max.

Ric_Braz repped this.
  23. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    It differs depending on which supporters allocation you are signing up for. Portugal or France was fine to mix judging from what others have said but for example with The Netherlands this phase you can't make a separate application or even add any other non-dutch matches to your application. It asks you to cancel/withdraw your Dutch application if you try in the other general portal, and the filter at the top is different with "all matches" not an option.

24. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting, did not realize that. Thanks for the info.

25. Real Mardin

Real Mardin Member

Galatasaray & Nottingham Forest
    Turkey
    Aug 22, 2019
    I've asked UEFA a similar question, but from the perspective of someone who's bought a Follow My Team ticket and wants to apply for more games in the general ballot. I'll post their response when it arrives.