Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Application submitted about half an hour ago. Good luck to all!

noar1985 repped this.
  2. CanessaVurley

CanessaVurley New Member

Manchester United
    Republic of Ireland
    Jun 12, 2019
    I've applied and it said "you will be invited to pay" if you are chosen. Will it be a case of all or nothing if you're chosen? I was at Euros 2012 but somebody else sorted the tickets so I am absolutely clueless:oops: so sorry to be asking what may seem like a stupid question but I'm determined to go. I hate the whole system they have for ticketing!

3. samatwing

samatwing Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I won in 2016, and it was different. They asked for payment info upfront and charged your card if you won. As stated before, I personally believe its all or nothing. Otherwise, everyone would just apply for every game and then decide, no?

4. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    you will be able to pay for all games you’ve got assigned within one application, alltogether, choosing which one to pay for would be ridiculous and certainly won’t happen.
    still, the random draw works game by game, not by whole application, so it is highly unlikely to get all games in one application assigned, even though that happened surprisingly frequently for the last Euro. UEFA claimed draw to be fully random, but there might have been some other truth in 2016.
    this way or another, it is quite simple, best option is to apply as many times as possible for all games you need and then, according to results, to decide what application(s) to pay and what to scrap!

5. Ulsterfry

Ulsterfry New Member

Glasgow Rangers
    England
    May 8, 2016
    Fazeley
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The mobile ticket system failed at the England Holland nations league game, causing a crush at the entrance, they ended up opening the big gate (where did that happen before!) and letting people in unchecked.

6. bfw1

bfw1 New Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Sep 12, 2017
    If I were to apply successfully for 4 tickets to a game, but in the end only wanted to use 2, will the ticket exchange system allow me to resell the other 2? i.e. can I resell ticket by ticket rather than all the tickets to a game I have?

7. Charlie_USA

Charlie_USA Member

Celtic
    Republic of Ireland
    May 14, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I went to the 2016 Euro’s in France. Had no difficulty getting tix from US. This year it’s a lottery system so your application will be in there with the European applications.

8. samatwing

samatwing Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe so, yes. But, keep in mind unlike the World Cup, you dont have to have a name on every ticket. Lots of people sold to each other on here in 2016.

9. Charlie_USA

Charlie_USA Member

Celtic
    Republic of Ireland
    May 14, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    The ticket resale portal works very well. I used it once prior to the World Cup in Russia. I will be traveling over to the EURO’s from the US, so I would be happy to exchange tix on here once ticket allocations have been completed.

10. bfw1

bfw1 New Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Sep 12, 2017
    So in terms of ticket strategy for seeing the "big" teams play in the group stage....

The UEFA site says that if the host teams qualify, they'll play "at least" 2 of their matches at home. It also says if both host teams from a group qualify, they'll flip a coin to see which of them gets the home match. Is the intent then for the host teams to play all 3 group stage games at home if possible, and the only reason they'd only play 2 at home is if they lose the coin toss versus the other host team in their group?

11. TommyTAvfcSportResearch

Aston Villa
    England
    Jun 4, 2019
    Got my application in... even put a cheeky request for a couple of final tickets. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone.

12. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    The tournament regulations are no more specific either, and they easily could have been. So I'm wondering whether UEFA are reserving the right to make a "big" host team play one of their games at the away venue when the other host hasn't qualified.

13. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    This was is what all the documents are suggesting so far, and also what the Dutch FA have said in their emails over the last year (take that with a grain of salt, they may not even qualify directly at the moment). But in terms of guessing the big teams this early, I think just see what matches you can get your hands on through the luck of the ballot and worry about the rest later after the draw. While we can guess the host countries that are doing well in qualifying, there will still be France, Portugal, Belgium, Croatia etc. coming in too which is a curveball for any clear guessing of where your favourite host nation may end up in the knockouts.

Another interesting thought is how late we will know the last four qualified teams (March 31st) from the playoffs and the implications this has on the draw and ticketing. Most will be clear cut but say for example Scotland who are currently behind Russia and Belgium in their qualifying group but have a playoff spot guaranteed (from Nations League) up their sleeve should they fail to qualify conventionally through the qualification group. Assuming England qualify directly and with London host paired with Glasgow as host cities in Group D, for people with Wembley tickets by that stage even after the draw in November they may still maybe need to wait until March 31st to find out if there are heading to England vs. Scotland at Wembley or will end up with the other two teams in their match while England play Scotland in Glasgow - unless they make this decision earlier or someone has seen this in another resource? Surely there are many more examples of this as one of Denmark or Ireland (host countries) may play playoffs too by the looks of things. Anyway exciting times ahead.

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, there doesn't appear to be a limit as to the # of games we can apply for. Just can't apply for 2 different matches on the same day. I think I will apply for either 5 or 7 matches - haven't decided yet. Do we know what the penalty is if we scrap some tickets? I suppose it depends when we scrap them - but for sake of argument lets say before the second phase begins.

15. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    the only penalty I could think of is they somehow mark your profile and you do not get tickets in future draws, so basically nothing

BocaFan repped this.
  16. Douglas Campbell

BVB
    United States
    Mar 2, 2018
    If I want to submit duplicate applications, what is the important information? It seems passport # is not important (can put anything). But, how does the mobile ticketing work? Is that connected to your phone number somehow? Or just to an email address?

17. samatwing

samatwing Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have to have a valid passport and email to fill out an application. I’m using my wife’s info to apply.

What’s everyone’s strategy? I’m going for all Copenhagen. I applied for all group games. My wife and I both. I don’t care who we see, just wanna go! Worried though, bc it only holds 38k.

As far as playoffs, the draw is before playoffs on Nov 30 2019. So if a host team doesn’t directly qualify, it’s playoff is automatically in that group. Example: If Denmark has to do playoffs, it’s playoff winner will go into group B in Copenhagen.

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, I have the same worry. Never been to Copenhagen so that's a high priority for me.

My strategy is Amsterdam (3 games), Bilbao (1 game), Copenhagen (1 game), St. Petersburg (1 game). AMS is my intended "base" since they have direct flights to Bilbao, fairly easy connection to St Petersburg and many direct flights to/from New York.

19. Douglas Campbell

BVB
    United States
    Mar 2, 2018
    At the World Cup, they didn't actually check the passport number, only if you needed to pick up your tickets in person (instead of mailed or out of the machine). It seems unlikely passport #s will be checked here. The question is about phone numbers...

20. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Welcome Home, if you have any question about Amsterdam please send me a message ;)

Good luck everybody ! I start to feel the excitement :)

21. bfw1

bfw1 New Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Sep 12, 2017
    I am planning on being in Italy anyway around then, so I'm going to apply for the first and second Rome matches. I think I'll also apply for the first Bilbao match, second Amsterdam match, and first Munich match, but mostly those are trade bait in case I don't get Rome, or worst case I attend one of those matches if I don't get Rome.

I'm glad they're doing e-ticketing this year as I probably am going to fly to Europe at the end of May and check out the Giro d'Italia. Though I'm guessing they usually mailed the tickets out earlier than that anyway.

22. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    The plan is to attend Copenhagen (M3), Bilbao (M22), Dublin (M44), Munich (M46), Rome (M48) plus any Holland matches if we qualify. I've never had any luck in UEFA Ballots before so I'm not expecting anything, but no doubt this forum will be an invaluable resource as in Russia 2018 and we can all end up having another cracking tournament.

23. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

It's such a mess this year!! I'm probably going to be based in Copenhagen or Amsterdam as you more or less can get direct flights to most cities. I'll go for the Semi and the finals now of course just like everyone else. Just stay in London for three straight games is a relief. I'll wait for the group games later as its just stupid not knowing where your teams end up.

24. samatwing

samatwing Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another strategy we are using. My sister is going for Glasgow, while Im going for Copenhagen. That way, whoever has more success will determine where we go.

25. Bibek Sengupta

Bibek Sengupta New Member

Chelsea
    Netherlands
    May 9, 2018
    The FAQ on the ticketing portal mentions that you have to pay for all the tickets that are allocated to you and you can't choose to pay for some of the games, it's all or nothing!