Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Ah ok viewing on my phone and only said 11 pages. Nowt there we didnt already know tho.

2. NaGT

NaGT New Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 10, 2019
    Hi guys! You all seem to have much more experience than me with the major tournaments ticketing system and I wish to draw on it.

It was the first time I applied for EURO tickets and was lucky enough to grab three tickets for one of the matches that I applied for. Unfortunately, after the application, I understood that I would be unavailable to travel on that particular day that the match takes place. I tried to discuss this with UEFA ticketing officials but they made it clear that it was no longer possible to change the name of the Main Applicant on the ticket.

So, do you think that my father would be denied to enter the stadium if I give my ticket to him, for instance? I am not very familiar with the checking procedures at the stadium gates. Do they request an ID? Do they check the name on the ticket (in my case it's going to be a male with a female name on the ticket :)) )? Moreover, the UEFA official told me that not only mine but the other two tickets purchased will be invalid if I am not present there.

Please give me a piece of advice about what could I do in this situation. UEFA recommended generously to re-sell my three tickets on their platform next year and hope that I would be lucky again to buy another three tickets... It doesn't seem very wise...

Thank you for your help!

3. wombacik

wombacik Member

Apr 20, 2007
    They never check the names on tickets at the stadium gates.

4. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Anyone can use tickets but if you dont want them just dont buy them problem solved

5. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    So that confirms mobile tkts

Attached Files:

6. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Within the app you can transfer the tkts to anyone you like via email, in the email they click a link and download the app and put in their own details, and the ticket uploads in there own name on the app

Attached Files:

hearts123 and welshbairn repped this.
  7. Fark

Fark Member

Bordeaux
    France
    Feb 8, 2018
    Anyone already has booked his plane ?

8. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    I booked my flight Dublin to Bucharest with Lufthansa on june 28..sat to midnight to wait for the home flight on June 23 2020 to drop in . Doing first 3 games in Bucharest got lucky this time and got all three tks .most low cost airlines dont sell spring/summer until September. Last 2 years easyjet spring was sept 20. Are we settling up a forum for cities n transport?

9. Dave123007

Dave123007 Member

Juventus
    Portugal
    Aug 10, 2019
    I got 3 tickets category 1 for both semi final matches, couldn't get any for the final. I got one friend confirmed going with me , if I can't find another friend to go. Is there any chance that I can sell a single ticket online like stubhub?

10. meior mordi

meior mordi Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    this forum is for face value tickets.
    you should try to find here someone who need a single ticket and sell him.
    rather then StubHub

Ric_Braz and Charlie_USA repped this.
  11. meior mordi

meior mordi Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    03 july flight to munich
    05 july flight munich london

themanlarry repped this.
  12. gouf35

gouf35 Member

May 30, 2006
    London
    You can resale it on UEFA website in March next year. That's the easiest way and another fan will get the chance to buy it without getting ripped off. Or trade it on this forum for face value or for another game

13. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Hesitating on booking two flights I've been tracking that are slowly going up in price (to Bilbao for #22, and after Rome #48) - some inspiration from people here who have bought their flights would be great. Unsure about Round of 16 plans now after picking up one or two extra matches in the ballot (#37, #40, #44) and at least one will have to go. Accommodation all booked last month though (free cancellation or flexible/moderate cancellation Airbnb super-hosts).

A few people here have said they are planning on attending Munich QF and then Rome QF but is anyone planning for St. Petersburg QF and then Rome QF? Price and departure times aren't too bad compared with Munich to Rome on that Saturday morning.

14. Dave123007

Dave123007 Member

Juventus
    Portugal
    Aug 10, 2019
    OK nice! Thx! I am not looking to make any profit. Just wanna get my money back. So! I will go ahead and make a payment. First time to go to euro, very excited!

Charlie_USA and gouf35 repped this.
  15. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Definitely not Stubhub or Viagogo.

Charlie_USA and Stuckin1au repped this.
  16. Dave123007

Dave123007 Member

Juventus
    Portugal
    Aug 10, 2019
    Why? Not safe?

17. gouf35

gouf35 Member

May 30, 2006
    London
    #692 gouf35, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2019
    Because some of these agencies are ripping people off by selling tickets at inflated prices. They're also often selling tickets they don't even have so people pay and receive nothing. They take a huge commission so even when you sell your ticket to them, you may not get all your money back.

When you resell with UEFA it's no question asked. It's easy: you list your ticket and get all your money back within a matter of days. No need to create an account, no need to send your ticket by mail.

18. welshbairn

welshbairn Member+

Clachnacuddin
    Scotland
    Jul 31, 2019
    Booked with KLM Inverness-Amsterdam-Budapest, Munich-Amsterdam-Inverness for last 16 and QF the day the flight schedules came out. Would have been slighter cheaper with BA via Heathrow but rubbish connections. Also booked hotels for Budapest, Vienna and Munich. Went a bit mad booking everything before the lottery results, but looking forward to the trip anyway. Budapest's in the bag, just looking for the Munich QF which is looking like it might be a bit tricky, but hopefully the fan zone will be fun if not.

themanlarry repped this.
  19. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There seems to be a feeling among many people and without wanting to generalize especially in the US that these two are legitimate tickets agencies and buying front them is not a problem. The more people that do this the more money they will make and the more people will see it the norm to try and buy all the events tickets they can in order to sell them at a huge margin. They are not reliable and they are pariahs. I have to admit I did buy from them on two occasions many years ago and one set of tickets was not as advertised and the others were cancelled after three days will no reason or warning.

20. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have my flights in Europe booked. But the times of the games could mess me up a little. I arrive at Heathrow around noon on a game day and the same with Bucharest. Assuming the games are going to be around 1500, 18 2100 CET in general, I will have to make changes if those are the early games. They may go even earlier on days when there are 4 games and the London games will be an hour earlier local time I think so I may have issues.

21. meior mordi

meior mordi Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I watched flights from rome and munich in the last 2 weeks.
    rome prices have doubled and munich still ok.
    don't forget you can only take an early flight till 04 pm between the qf if you want to catch them both

22. meior mordi

meior mordi Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    what I ment is I suggest you book as soon as possible
    good chances you will get tickets to qf

themanlarry repped this.
  23. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Lufthansa went up too high for me (to book for partner too) unless you take the early flight but with Alitalia there is still an okay one if anyone else looking (check Google Flights). For SPb it was Aeroflot. Still undecided.

24. Harbs123

Harbs123 Member

England
    Jun 24, 2018
    London
    I don't suppose you know of which Round of 16 games you may look to return/sell on yet?

My soon to be brother-in-law (who I actually like) managed to get M44, but I did not sadly - so I'm on the hunt to sort a pair of these ASAP/try in the FCFS and hopefully travel over with them when it comes around.

25. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Much too early to say sorry bud. No doubt other tickets will turn up here both once the ballot payment window closes in a week and the second wave of unsold come for the lucky people however they end up allocating/selling them, plus also when qualification becomes more clear and after the group stage draw at the end of November. All part of keeping the next ten months interesting!

leonidas repped this.