Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    huge digit! this was possible due to change in strategy and switch to pay-after system! result were multiple applications by many, as well as much easier job for professional touts using ticket bots.

I am sure there will be quite a few unpaid tickets and a long waiting list as well!

2. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Seems like the system is inevitably going to lead to huge numbers of tickets going to touts, who will make a killing at certain venues depending on whether the host country qualifies. I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll get something out of my request for the four Glasgow games, but it doesn't look like the chances are particularly good.

3. am0985

am0985 Member

Oct 29, 2013
    I think cat 3 tickets are going to be very, very difficult to get for a lot of games. They have the biggest margin for the touts - usually when someone is buying a ticket from a scalper they don't care as much about the location of the ticket. Sure there'll be a difference in price but not to the degree UEFA put on.

4. samatwing

samatwing Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know there are tons of applicants, but feeling optimistic due to my cat 2 applications for "low demand" (green) games.

5. EH17

EH17 New Member

Chelsea
    Australia
    Jul 15, 2019
    New user and fan from Australia here looking to travel over with 3 of my friends and it's the first time we've done anything like this so we're all a bit unsure with all the processes. We've done a couple different combinations of games and we will pick one to go ahead with when we are notified of our application process. However, until then we can actually plan anything of the trip which is frustrating.

Does anyone know when the ballot draw takes place? I wish UEFA would keep us in the loop a bit more...

And what has everyone else done in terms of ticket application?

Thanks legends!

6. am0985

am0985 Member

Oct 29, 2013
    The draw will be at the end of July, we will find out by mid August. That's still plenty of time to book hotels/flights though I would do so ASAP as a lot of people will have the same thoughts.

I'm travelling over from Australia too, I picked category 1 for the matches I'm going for so as to get maximum chance of getting the tickets.

7. EH17

EH17 New Member

Chelsea
    Australia
    Jul 15, 2019
    I'm flying out of Adelaide, what about you?

I've done a bit more research and it looks like we'll probably be notified in 2-3 weeks - I think UEFA have said the whole 'notified by mid-August the latest' to save their asses as it shouldn't be an overly long process.

We'll definitely be doing our air bnbs/hotels the night we find out about our tickets to try (key word) avoid the rush.

We went with 4 different applications - category 2 for 3 group games and a round of 16 in Glasgow but it's all the luck of the draw! I think there will be a lot of tickets not claimed to snap up anyways.

8. am0985

am0985 Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Flying out of Melbourne - I'm a Pom living here so it tees up nicely with a trip back home. Applied for Munich/Rome QFs, semis at Wembley and final. Group games are usually more fun in terms of atmosphere tbh going from past tournaments, but can't resist the opportunity to watch some of it at Wembley!

Little tip though - low cost airlines eg Ryanair/Easyjet etc don't always put their flights on sale that early. Often if you search 10-11 months in advance you won't get their flights on sale yet so you'll only get national carriers, so it might be worth seeing if low cost airlines usually fly this route at other times and if they do, then it might be worth waiting.

9. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    Ssme here. I'm probably more confident about getting tickets to a couple matches than I should be, but I applied for Cat 1/2 tickets in Bucharest and Budapest for a reason.

A nice bonus about (and extra motivation to apply for) Budapest tickets is that those matches will be held at the brand new Puskas Arena, which is supposed to be completed this fall.

themanlarry repped this.
  10. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Just received this (in Dutch) regarding the Hospitality price.
    Series means all the games (4 for holland in this case)

I will never do that I think, this is a bit against my vision of football.

Attached Files:

11. FootballPirateMorgan

Feb 20, 2018
    London
    EH17, my advice would be to book your return flights to Europe as soon as you can (if you haven't already), and definitely before they release ticketing results. There will be slightly higher demand for flights to arrive in Europe around the start of the tournament, and that will go up once people get their tickets. I know it's a bit of a risk locking in the flights before you actually get any tickets, but there are many more opportunities after this first ballot, right up until the matches, so the key is to lock in the big price items (flights to Europe and accomm) before they release ticket results. I'd also suggest booking refundable accommodation for the night of the matches you want to go for, and maybe also the night before the match, with booking dot com before getting the ticketing results. These will have really high demand for those two nights. The rest you can just work out, as you lock in games (intra european travel), which, if you're flexible with dates and travel times, will have a myraid of options in Europe. That's pretty much the strategy of booking that I used for the World Cup in Russia, and it really paid off.

12. Paul Eastwood

Paul Eastwood Red Card

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Oh mate played this game last 4 tournaments, absolutely no issue hesitating this time - I know you can sell the tickets back at a slight loss but can make contacts here, heck from experience easy enough to buy at a very good price if not cheaper at the tournament on a night out by the stadium!

Ukraine 2012 my first experience - did a totally random app ( I'm English ) and bagged England v Sweden

Brazil 2014 saw Belgium v Algeria, England v Costa Rica

France 2016 saw Italy v Spain, Portugal v Croatia, Germany v Slovakia ( random application )

Russia 2018 - England v Belgium

Very happy to hesitate this time and play the long game.

Infact, got my Spain v Italy tickets off a Torquay fan on here - quality guy - met at a service station!

13. Harbs123

Harbs123 Member

England
    Jun 24, 2018
    London
    Hi all,

Used this site throughout the 2018 World Cup before I went out there for a few games (very fortunate to have got knockout games of Spain vs Russia as well as England vs Columbia - especially being English) so back again with the next big tournament impending.

Living in London I’ve unsurprisingly gone for all but one of the London games as well as a few in Dublin and Copenhagen. I reckon I’ve got zero chance considering the applications vs the capacity at these venues but here’s to hoping.

I’ve kept up on this thread for a while now so thought I’d post and start getting involved now we’re hopefully a few weeks away from finding out either way.

Good luck to all..except those who have applied for the same games as me.

14. HIIBEE

HIIBEE Member

Rangers
    Scotland
    Apr 16, 2018
    AH you didn't let me finish

He who hesitates.........................................Still has a great chance of getting tickets later on. ;-)

Paul Eastwood repped this.
  15. EH17

EH17 New Member

Chelsea
    Australia
    Jul 15, 2019
    Welcome! I had also been following this thread for a while and decided a few days back to get involved.

I think people are underestimating how many tickets will go unclaimed because of how many people have done separate applications (my travelling group of 4 has done 1 each) So there will be plenty of tickets offered after the payments are due.

16. hiragii

hiragii Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Do you reckon the unclaimed tickets will be automatically re-assigned or put together for the 1st "First Come First Serve" phase?

17. samatwing

samatwing Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is reassigned. Too many applications to do that. My question is how soon will they "reassign"? And how? Like someone said above, I also had a group of 6-7 friends all apply with significant others. We are just hoping a couple of us win, and use those. The rest would be declined. But thats assuming we all win something, which I doubt. And what about all these people who made multiple fake applications? Will the system catch on, or will there be a bunch of delcines? Also, I applied for two cities.... Copenhagen and Glasgow as backup. Wouldnt it suck to win Glasgow on application, accept it, then get an email later offering Copenhagen.

Honestly, don't like this system. I think they should've asked for payment info. Too many duplicate applications out there. You guys are smart if the fake applications work, but I think its gonna cause problems for the system. Someone who submitted 10 applications and only wants 1. Lots of declined successful applications and fans may make other plans. May have to go in phase. Like I said, would suck to accept a partial application and have your priority open later.

themanlarry and Ric_Braz repped this.
  18. gouf35

gouf35 Member

May 30, 2006
    London
    This is what UEFA said about unpaid tickets:
    • Fans who did not receive the tickets they applied for after the first ticket sales phase has ended will be the first to be informed about new ticket availability (on account of unsuccessful payments and ticket returns). These fans will be given an exclusive priority period to purchase.
    So in my mind that means a new sales phase (probably first come first served, in autumn?). Since they want to notify everyone by mid-august, I don't see how they could do another draw for unpaid tickets within that time frame.

Reference: https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/news/newsid=2610004.html

19. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice

100% agree, application without payment sucks and push people to do multiple application.

20. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes it is an interesting and ambiguous phrase. I think for the cricket WC they said there will be a phase for people who got NO tickets initially. This does not seem to stress that but then would they only let you buy tickets that you did not get before or others as well?

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The problem is you have to accept all or nothing. I suspect most will accept all in cases like yours, which means paying for extra tickets and then reselling through UEFA.

Not sure if these tickets will be available to phase 1 losers. Guess it depends on when they are resold.

Ric_Braz repped this.
  22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Some evidence already of hotels increasing their rates. For a Wednesday night in Bilbao when there's a match next year, I see 2 star pensions for over $500! Four stars are over $1,000.

Bilbao is known as quite an inexpensive city. Typically 4 and 5 star hotels will run you maybe $130/night even for a Saturday night.

The good news I suppose is that the stadium is right next to the bus station. So you might be able to get the heck outta town right after the match.some amazing cities/towns not far away, of course. Depends of course on the kick off time.

themanlarry repped this.
  23. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    One night at the Bilbao bus station can't be too bad - June weather and all.

24. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Clubbing all night + flight next day !

25. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Dam can’t wait for the results ! Hopefully before end of July