Euro 2020 - Tickets Thread

Discussion in 'Euro 2020 (2021)' started by noar1985, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanited

Yanited New Member

Manchester United
    England
    Jul 6, 2019
    Oh that's pretty good then

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I wouldn’t worry. “Payment failure” wouldn’t mean one attempt and you’re out. It means you have probably 5-7 days to pay. If payment doesn’t go through at first, just call the bank and inform them about this one unusual transaction. Problem solved.

gouf35 repped this.
  3. Paul Eastwood

Paul Eastwood Red Card

Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Been to the last 4 tournaments - and would like to go to Euro 2020 - however will wait further down the line to see who is playing what stadium etc.

Bucharest / St Pete + Bilbao are the 3 that really interest me - ( Englishman )

Good luck all, hope you get what you're looking for!

themanlarry repped this.
  4. HIIBEE

HIIBEE Member

Rangers
    Scotland
    Apr 16, 2018
    He who hesitates.........

5. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    St. Petersburg immediately stood out to me as a desirable location, but the visa rigmarole turned me off. I'm sure it's not a terribly difficult process, but with so many locations to choose from without that obstacle.....

6. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    This is what I was thinking. I can't imagine getting the "payment failure" note the first time you try to pay would immediately forfeit one's tickets. That payment bullet in the email must mean your payment simply has to go through successfully within the multi-day payment period, however long that may be.

Of course, it would help if UEFA was less vague when describing these processes. I also wish PayPal was an option, but I guess AliPay bought the right to serve in the same capacity.

7. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    FYI (from an article posted today by The Brussels Times about Euro 2020 tickets):

"A random ballot will take place to confirm the names of the lucky ticket-holders who will be notified no later than mid-August. They will then have ten days to pay for their order."

8. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    They will have a Fan-ID visa system just like for Russia 2018. Visa-free entry 14 days before first match till day of quarterfinal, exit ten days after last match.

9. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    Would've been nice for UEFA to offer that info a little more freely, but I should've made more of an effort.

To be honest, I probably would've merely taken a stab at one SP match by the submission deadline anyway due to demand/price/travel. I put my greatest hopes into Budapest/Bucharest.

10. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    for the nations league finals it was run the same way pay after if successful , you could try a few cards to get payment sorted wasn't a problem .few weeks before the tournament started you where sent a link to download an app and your tkts are loaded to the app once you fill your details in , the tkt is activated by opening your Bluetooth at stadium at the search they activate your tkt for you to then pass the turnstile..in the app there is transfer tkt option you just put in a persons email address and hit send .they get a link to download it in an email ..im lead to believe this was a trail along with the Europa league final for euro 2020

HIIBEE repped this.
  11. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Sounds good for me, just I think this time they are still going to do Paper tickets ( I have no info just a feeling). Why? Hum they insisted about the delivery address, game are in different countries and different cities, more difficult to train staff and people, lot of sponsor and VIP that doesn't care to download the ticket.

Let's see I am curious about that and I hope to be wrong

12. noar1985

noar1985 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    FAN ID was extremely easy to do, it was extremely well organised (even bit too much for me sometime haha)

SP is a fun city (I do prefer Moscow but I think it is more personal and my option)
    Stadium is nice but a bit far away in the middle of nowhere.

Good luck for your application

13. am0985

am0985 Member

Oct 29, 2013
    UEFA stated in their leaflet that some ticket holders will get mobile tickets but seemed to imply not all would.

I would guess maybe ticket holders who are outside Europe might get them? This would make sense since postage is included in the ticket and not having to post out tickets to ticket holders in China, Australia USA etc would save them a lot of money.

14. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    The leaflet was written a while ago though when I think they were indeed planning to do the electronic ticketing (after testing it at Europa League Final and then Nations League Finals in Portugal) but then there were a few hiccups at least one of the matches over there (I think England vs. Switzerland in Guimaraes) where two or three gates could not get in and they had to wait for an hour in the rain, many missing kickoff (or almost) and including dangerous moment where too many people were rushing up some stairs and through a small aisle (potential crushing according to what I read online, my friend and videos).

Also a week before applications opened a few key lines of text was changed/added in the FAQ section of the website which suggested paper ticketing or delivery of physical tickets, along with some of the other things they have repeated since then as mentioned above. Or maybe this is just being hopeful. They could be doing it just for last-minute sales.

jesta and HIIBEE repped this.
  15. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    St. Petersburg isn't on my radar for Euro having been there twice last summer (Argentina vs. Nigeria & France vs. Belgium) but if possible I will try to apply for the Fan-ID just as a souvenir. A beautiful huge city with a fantastic vibe in summer and if people haven't been they should consider it. The stadium is world class too. Others should not hesitate for a second to go if their team ends up playing there.

16. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    One of the categories on the Euro 2020 FAQ website is "Paper Tickets."

How much will delivery cost?
    The cost of delivery is already included in the ticket price.

How and when will paper tickets be delivered?
    UEFA EURO 2020 starts in June 2020, so there is still some time. We will contact you closer to the tournament regarding the delivery of your paper tickets.

Also, the ticketing terms and conditions document refers to "the paper, plastic or electronic/mobile ticket provided by UEFA to the successful applicant..." and has a full section starting on pg. 9 of this PDF about the delivery of tickets.

17. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Correct. That was the wording I was referring to. It was added much later than the PDF document was released, hence why a few people have suggested that they were planning on doing electronic tickets (like we talked about on the earlier pages when that wording wasn't in the FAQ yet) but have since changed their mind.

18. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    Screenshot_20190710-143625.png .... This was the electronic tkt, they insisted on your address when completing an application for nations league as well

19. belfasteric

belfasteric Member+

Northern Ireland
    Apr 22, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Club:
    Glentoran FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Northern Ireland
    On paper tickets, what you could do at nations league was pay an extra 10euro for souvenir tkts, which were posted to you when the tournament was over

20. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    EURO 2020 breaks records with 19.3 million ticket requests
    • UEFA EURO 2020 will be the biggest EURO ever with 3 million tickets available across 12 host cities
    • 1.5 million tickets went on sale from 12 June to 12 July 2019
    • Applications were received for 19.3 million tickets; almost double the level of demand for the equivalent phase of UEFA EURO 2016
    • A staggering 1.9 million tickets were requested for the final, to be staged at Wembley Stadium on 12 July 2020: 22 times the capacity of the stadium. Unsurprisingly, the final drew the most interest of the 51 UEFA EURO 2020 games.
    • Approximately 50% of the final tickets (around 43,500) were available during this sales window, meaning UEFA received roughly 44 requests per available ticket.
    • Demand for final tickets at this stage was double the level of demand for tickets for the final of UEFA EURO 2016 at Paris's Stade de France.
    • More than 540,000 applications were received for the opening game of UEFA EURO 2020, which will be held at Rome's Stadio Olimpico on 12 June 2020 – approximately eight times the venue's capacity.
    • After the semi-finals and the final, the highest level of demand for tickets was for the group stage matches in Munich and Amsterdam.
    • On average, each fan applied for 14 tickets for games over at least two venues: proof of how the public have embraced the tournament's unique format, with matches being played in 12 European host cities.
    • Applications were received from 213 countries: a clear indication of UEFA EURO 2020's global reach.
    • The highest demand for tickets among locals was in St Petersburg, where approximately 81% of applications came from within Russia.
    • Aside from the host nations, there has been strong demand for tickets from fans in neighbouring countries, including Poland, France and Austria.

https://www.uefa.com/european-qualifiers/news/newsid=2616635.html

M and Steve Page repped this.
  21. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    At least the bullet about Amsterdam and Munich makes me feel better about my own application choices. Initially I went heavy on the Amsterdam matches, but ended up not applying for any there (or Munich, though I never planned to apply there).

The release should have one more bullet:
    • Seven people total applied for tickets to Baku matches because the powers that be at UEFA are morons.

Ric_Braz repped this.
  22. am0985

am0985 Member

Oct 29, 2013
    1.9m ticket requests for the final. What % do we think would be cat 1? 10-15% - 200-300kish?

Probably roughly 15k in each category, so I would guess cat 1 odds are probably 1 in 15-20. Massive guesswork though of course.

23. Steve Page

Steve Page Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Twice the demand for the final than last time! This communication shows an increase in applications for the final of 46% from the previous update of 1.3m. If the increase was similar for the semis that is well over 1m applications for each of those. It may be that around 4 million of the applications were for the last few matches.

I read that as meaning that group stage matches in Munich and Amsterdam had more than 540,000 applications each. Although it could be interpreted differently that is the obvious meaning. If so it could be that the top 10 most subscribed matches attracted half the applications. Ignoring Baku it does suggest to me that the odds at some of the host cities are not that great.

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    IIRC, they extended the Visa to the end of the calendar year 2018.

After looking at those numbers above, I am glad that I applied for StP again. Might be the only ticket I get.:unsure:

25. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    Indeed! These are the announced entry and exit dates in plan for Euro 2020. I saw a TripAdvisor discussion about it and there are a few articles around google too if anyone needs more information.

It would have been interesting to hear the number of CAT3 ticket requests. Maybe later once the ballot is completed.

Also if anyone is interested in Dublin statistics, there was a little tidbit in an Irish tabloid a few days before the applications closed that said: "for the four Dublin matches there were 700,000 applications for the 100,000 tickets available in the current sale." so probably in the region of ~800k-1m by the end.

Ric_Braz repped this.