Euro 2020 Qualifying Official Thread

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Mean Machine, Dec 1, 2018.

1. TorontoCalabria

Fiorentina
    Italy
    Sep 12, 2018
    Any Italian that scores as many goals as balotelli has in Ligue 1 will be called for this national team that lacks a striker and goals.
    It’s that simple. Balotelli will be called again and would’ve been at the World Cup if it wasn’t for Ventura’s master plan to bring him after we qualified so he could avoid being blamed for bringing a “toxic” player if he didn’t.

2. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    You are missing the point. What I am trying to say is that Ligue 1 is not a good league this season and the defense especially is terrible. Balotelli plays for Marseille, and where are they in any European League? Top Team in Ligue 1 crashed out to Man Utd (6th place EPL team) in the UCL Round of 16, and Marseille is like 4th place in Ligue 1? It shows that Balotelli is shining because he plays in a league with no defense.

For example, when did Balotelli ever shine at a top club other than Man City (and that was ages ago). He failed at AC Milan. He failed at Liverpool. What makes you think he will be this amazing striker for our national team?

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You mean its all about the "Level of The League"?

I think I heard that once or twice......:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rosay repped this.
  4. TorontoCalabria

Fiorentina
    Italy
    Sep 12, 2018
    Kean scored again today.
    Who’s been more impressive in 2019?

Kean with 5 goals for Juve
    Balotelli with 7 for Marseille

Two most inform strikers this side of Quags

5. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Easier to score in Serie B than Serie A. I think there's only a few people cannot grasp the difference.

calabrese8 repped this.
  6. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
  7. thorus

thorus Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    If Belotti ends the season with 14-15 goals (he has 12 now), should he be called back to the NT for the next round of matches?

Rosay repped this.
  8. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rosay repped this.
  9. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes.

10. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I understand what you're trying to say. I'm not an idiot.

There are specific critiques you can make of Balotelli, but using the current CL bracket to prove your point is idiotic as these things change every season. Man U beating PSG was an upset. Italy only has one more team than France in the final 8. If Serie A was really that much better, we would have 3 or 4. Also the bottom half of ligue 1 isn't any worse than the bottom half of Serie A. Chievo, Frosinone, Udinese, Bologna all have dog shit defenders. This isn't the 90's.

11. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    hes better than Immobile so yes

Rossonero23 repped this.
  12. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    But Serie A still has Napoli in the Europa League. Also maybe not better overall, but Serie A is definitely much better defensively than Ligue 1.

13. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  14. UdineseFan98

UdineseFan98 Member

Mar 12, 2017
    St. Catherines, ON
    Club:
    Udinese Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's just flat out wrong

Rosay and calabrese8 repped this.
  15. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Totally agree. Many of those teams listed make the big Serie A teams struggle to score against. Sooner later the deadlock gets broken, but sometimes it can take a very long time.

16. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    AH yes of course the legendary defense of Chievo, Frosinone, Empoli, Udinese and Bologna. Teams that Balotelli would never be able to score against.

You can stop now.

17. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Not like Balotelli would never be able to score against them. But seriously you are exaggerating what I'm saying, and I know you clearly understand my point and your just trying to make me sound stupid.

Lower teams in Serie A defense is not outstanding, but not bad either and still better than the defense of many mid-table teams in other leagues.

UdineseFan98 and totti fan repped this.
  18. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And they call you a Professor... ;):D

19. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    indestructible went to school stupid and came out the same way.

20. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

L'immortale and Deleted User x repped this.
  21. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Apparently Balotelli broke another players nose in an off the ball incident yesterday. He's facing a possible 5-8 game ban. It's just one incident after another with this guy...right now I'm fine with Kean, Belotti, and one of Quags/Immobile/Gabbiadini/Cutrone/Pavoletti.

calabrese8 and totti fan repped this.
  22. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    How many chances does the guy get until you say, "no thanks. We're good."?

24. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    It's always tempting to invite players like him. He has ups and downs. If he could accept the team spirit, he would become accepted. The home education of people is much more important. Otherwise, people start to nurture the dipstick nature (nutrire e proteggere). I watched Arturo Vidal against Manchester United. He could get the red card just in 20 minutes of playing. The referee was also edgy with the yellow cards and Vidal just screams around him. There are more players with strong aggressive component, without any reason. Smalling hit Messi in the nose also, it wasn't even foul, blood over his face. Hard to say was it intentional, but he also has ruff nature. I wonder why no one placed Arturo Vidal and Nainggolan in the same team. No one could pass by them.:D

25. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Since the 2016 European Cup Italy has played in 8 competitive fixtures against sides ranked in the top 50. Being World Cup qualifiers and Nations League meeting Spain, Sweden, Portugal and Poland each twice.

Overall the results have been poor with only 1 Win, 4 Draws and 3 Losses. Italy has conceded 7 goals (3 in 1 match v Spain) and scored only 3 (2 penalties, 1 a late injury time goal from a fullback).

Ventura and Mancini tried a total of 41 different players over these 8 matches which works out to roughly 3 different teams used in 8 matches.
    41/14 = 2.9

Who have been the most prominently featured players over this time? I've only included players who have played more than 270m or 3 matches in 3 areas of the pitch:

Fullbacks
    Florenzi > 354m or 3.9 matches
    Biraghi > 270m or 3 matches

Midfield
    Jorginho > 450m or 5 matches
    Verratti > 337m or 3.7 matches
    DDR > 270m or 3 matches
    Parolo > 270m or 3 matches

Forwards
    Immobile > 421m or 4.7 matches
    Insigne > 355m or 3.9 matches
    Chiesa > 286m or 3.2 matches