EURO 2020: Reigning, Defending, Champions Of Europe General Discussion

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by GoodDead, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    J.Mario wouldnt even get those opportunities to squander though. Look, i have nothing personal against J.Mario. I always thought he was and still is capable of helping out the NT, but he was never used properly by F.Santos and too often used as a wing player (ironically enough, the same way you have him positioned).. and he ISNT A WINGER!! he is a CM, and has not been given that chance with the NT outside of very limited minutes, which in those limited minutes he was a completely different player.

Felix is a natural goal scorer.. missing some chances isnt going to change anything..

i strongly encourage you to watch C.Ronaldo in the Euro 2004 final v Greece, and witness the chances he missed which in some peoples minds cost us the championship.. i think Ronaldo turned out just fine as time went on even after those 'squandered' opportunities v Greece in the final.

AlexJones19, Nani_17 and verde-rubro repped this.
  2. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Co
    could of not said it better.

Felix just needs to get his 1st for Portugal. Needs one to go in off his backside

3. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Woodward was actually right about Bruno Fernandes. Cant even do basic passes to players right beside him. The funniest was when Danilo was beside him wide open and he still ********ed up the pass almost leading to a goal. It reminded me of his assist for Serbias goal. Im going to start making youtube compilations of all his screw ups.

Nani_17 repped this.
  4. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ratings

Patricio- 8.3
    Semedo- 8
    Pepe 7
    Dias 7
    Guerreiro 5.7
    Danilo 4.9
    Bruno 5.8
    Moutinho 5.3
    Bernardo 10
    Ronaldo 8.4
    Felix 6.4

5. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Kind funny Felix missing "sitters" means he sucks. I guess Ronaldo must be terrible he needs like 10 chances for every goal scored in Juventus

Nani_17 repped this.
  6. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I thought Andre Silva been called up because he been scoring goals in the German league. I’m not saying he’s a solution but he is getting his grove back.

7. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Just like how he was scoring goals in Sevilla in months 1-2. He will be back to his usual position soon (the bench). Soon no one is going to want him and he will have to resort to going to Sporting or a similar level team such as Braga/Rio Ave

Nani_17 repped this.
  8. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Making a video compilation of B.Fernandes miss passes and giveaways could honestly be about 3 hours long. That might be just the last 2 years.

9. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    We do play Ukraine on Monday. We don’t need any injuries prior to that.

10. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    You may be right, but comparing a 19 year old playing in his and his country's first ever appearance in a major final to another 19 year old playing in a euro qualifying game are two different things

11. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    I don’t think Felix should be compared to CR7. It is not right to put that kind of pressure on him.

Like I said , Joao Mario deserves his shot at starting ahead of Felix. Scolari was smart sitting CR7 down behind Simao and it worked because CR7 was able to learn. Joao Mario will be a good mentor for Felix .

12. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Youre not wrong, they are two very different things. The fact remains the same, though. Both young players representing their country who are that time in their lives are both viewed as big up and coming potential super stars. Ronaldo learned from his mistakes and became more composed as the years went on.. Felix should be no different.

As previously stated, there is already a connection happening between CR7 and Felix. I can only imagine and hope that CR7 sees himself in Felix, and understands what it was like to be in that position and is taking Felix under his wing to help the growth process..

but what do i know? just assuming/hoping..

verde-rubro repped this.
  13. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    What can J.Mario possibly teach J.Felix? how to perform badly? how to get transfered club to club? I dont get it. What advice can J.Mario possibly offer somebody like Felix?

The guy who Felix needs to learn from.. is the guy he is playing in the starting 11 with.. C.Ronaldo.

Zacarías, AlexJones19 and verde-rubro repped this.
  14. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    I really hope that Felix does not share your arrogant attitude. If Felix honestly believes the only person who can teach him
    Anything is CR7, then he will not go very far.

Felix needs to be humble and focused on developing.

15. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    You’ve got to be a previously banned member ? What on earth can Felix learn from Joao Mario? A player who you want to play out wide which is out of position, a player who has done nothing of note since leaving Sporting and has only just recaptured a bit of form, a player who doesn’t have the same ceiling of ability as Felix has ?

I like Mario, and I appreciate what you’re saying about Felix needing time stay grounded... but seriously you’re talking absolute bollocks

verde-rubro and Zacarías repped this.
  16. prodigal_mind

prodigal_mind Member+

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Portugal
    Jul 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bruno Fernandes can probaly learn from Joao Mario on how to place proper passes to players beside him

17. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It’s Z he is back hahaha

18. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Zero zero is predicting the following lineup:

———————Patrício—————
    Nelson———Pepe—-Dias——Guerreiro
    ———————Danilo———————
    ——fernandes—Silva——Joao Mario
    —————Ronaldo—-Felix

19. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Let's cheer for our boys, regardless of who is on the team. Viva Portugal caralho!

20. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Official lineup released

————Patricio
    Semedo—-Pepe—Dias—-Guerrero
    —————Danilo————-
    ——-Moutinho—Silva—Mario
    ———Cr7——-Guedes

21. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    Santos is doing the right thing benching Felix in a high pressure game. Felix should watch Joao Mario and learn from his tenacity.

22. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pretty sure they’ll line up 4-3-3 with Bernardo up top with Ronaldo and Guedes

23. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All these options we have and Joao Mario and Moutinho are starting in the middle. Santos too conservative on the road again.

24. HandofAbel

HandofAbel Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jun 19, 2017
    eu estou aqui
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Terrible defensive coverage

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014