News: EURO 2017 - Vivianne M. Adoration and Qualifiers Thread

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by White/Blue_since1860, Dec 5, 2014.

?

Who will win?

1. Germany

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. Germany B

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. not Germany

19 vote(s)
    73.1%
  1. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Watching the Japan-Australia game, Australia is super-confident after beating the US.

And I'm ready to declare that Sam Kerr is the best forward in the world. At least she is this year.

2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    since this is a Euro threat, I'll give that title right now to Pernile Harder, with Kerr coming in at a close 2nd & Lieke Martens not far behind at 3rd

blissett repped this.
  3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A discussion arisen in the QF2 thread about DFB wanting a female coach at the reins of Women's National Team (apparently Meinert was their first choice, but they had to settle with Jones) made me think that the only woman coach who remained in the semifinals is Dutch Sarina Wiegman: who would have thought, before the tournament?

Ok, the female coaches were a minority to begin with (out of the 16 teams at Euro 2017, just 6 had a female coach, if I counted well: Germany, Netherlands, Russia, Scotland, Sweden and Switzerland), but one could have expected Pia Sundhage or Steffi Jones in the last 4 (not necessarily for their quality as coaches, but for the past history/current rankings of their teams). Instead, it's Wiegman claiming that honour.

4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    i can see if i can translate it somewhat properly :p

blissett repped this.
  6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    1. Other teams have catched up:

In many years, Germany benefited from the professionalism of the DFB and the Bundesliga. Also in other countries was it talent (talented players), but it wasn't so consistently and fundamentally promoted. A view to Netherlands, Austria, France or England show: didn't get that part

2. The Germans went with an unexperienced team in the tournament

The German women national team had after the Olympic gold medal last year a huge upheaval to deal with. Saskia Bartusiak, Annike Krahn and Melanie Behringer retired from the national team. Simone Laudehr, Alexandra Popp and Melanie Leupolz were missed in Netherlands due to injuries. An experience"treasure" of 558 NT matches were therefore lost.

New additions with fieldplayers came Kathrin Hendrich, Kristin Demann, Carolin Simon, Anna Blässe, Hasret Kayicki, Lina Magull, Lena Petermann, Linda Dallmann and Sara Doorsoun. They bring together 108 caps in the German NT kit. The Euro is also already included.

The newcomers showed partly good performances and gives hope for the future. The missing mellowness and superiority on the pitch was noticeable against Denmark, as the German team despite leading and without pressure served misspass after misspass.

3. Headcoach without trainerexperience:

DFB made Steffi Jones successor to Silvia Neid as headcoach, although they purely preferred Maren Meinert. Meinert had coached U19 three times to Euro title and U20 two times in a row to becoming world champions.

That Jones can do a terrific work in big projects, she proved as headorganizator in WC 2011. Too lazy to translate the rest of this paragraph, would take me a year lol

I'll try to translate the rest when i get more time :p

kolabear, blissett and gricio61 repped this.
  7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's an English article on their defeat, There's nothing new on it but take a look at the comment section, they tabbed over 800 posts within a day(before the threat was closed). You think does that mean that the mass of their population is finally interested in the women's game? Nope, instead it's almost nothing but insults hurled at woso with comments like "good riddance"(that they're out of it) & "the women's game have no place in the sports section & "now lets get back to proper football"
    I didn't know that male chauvinism was this terrible, especially in England where at least they're spending some money on woso. & their female NT has by far outshined their males Can't imagine how bad it must be in other countries
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40772081

at the other hand, Austria, were giving a decent welcome back home
    17167620_145310129384527_8815855811709370368_n.jpg

debzy, gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  8. Those posters are the same shitheads that come to the Spanish beaches each year with their disgusting behaviour. They pop up where ever there is an opportunity to unload their mental trash. In the old days youhad to write a letter and pay a stamp, so that shit stayed in the pub. Since social media gives unlimited access to an outlet for opinions it hardly is worthwhile anymore to read those things. It's like wading through a swimming pool full of shit to find a cherry. Sensible people stay away from social media as they are a waste of time and humour.

Orange14, gricio61 and blissett repped this.
  9. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    England men team haven't accomplished anything for how many decades?? England men team is a joke

blissett repped this.
  10. That's because all those bloody foreigners take the jobs of English players.

11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As @feyenoordsoccerfan rightfully said, these comments don't have to be taken too much seriously, because in fact people posting in comments-sections of articles are normally the scum of the net.

They don't have to be underestimated either though; it happened to me to hear similar mocking comments and unrespectful attitude towards women's football and it always makes me sad that, in year 2017, so many people with a cavemen mentality are still around... :(

12. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'll add that England women's team what so good throughout this tournament, that everyone should have been proud of them!

13. Pride means you have a set of moral values.
    If you follow international tournements like the World Cups and the Euros you will find the scum supporters always are from England and Eastern Europe. England erradicated the scum from their club football, so they follow the national men team. It's the same scum that post that shit about the women team. As these people are sewage vermin, they have no honour and know no respect. They lack so much that they want to compensate their insignificance with foul language and behaviour. Let's not waste more time with them and words on them and turn our attention back to worthy people, the ladies on the pitch.

gricio61 repped this.
  14. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So who's making the all star team? Maybe no Germans? :p

15. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Unless there was a real outstanding player from the remaining teams, I assume an all star team will be players from the 4 semifinalists with the majority from the finalists.

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    With 100% hindsight, I have to give credit to @White/Blue_since1860 for choosing an excellent, prophetic, spot on title for this thread! :geek:

gricio61 repped this.
  17. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    ... another reason is that the best and even 2nd best English players are so expensive to buy due to all the $$ in the English PL, that they hardly ever move abroad ... the experience you get from playing abroad is highly valuable when playing WC or Euro tournaments ... just remember how well little iceland managed to do ... they have a very small population and not all that many players, but they all move abroad at an early age, which makes them work harder and mature faster ... English players also often get spoiled by getting too much money to spend at an early age ...

18. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Female football is growing in the right direction.
    This was expected to be the most competitive, toughest, most entertaining in one word best Euro ever and indeed it was.
    The level of football grew in all Europe there is almost none easy teams left, we already talked about how the various federations with huge football tradition/knowledge would have had a great impact on female football if they took it seriously by giving women a proper follow now we know is real.
    The Netherlands success but also Austria, Belgium, Spain, Italy nice display are a proof that federation don't need that much to positvely change their female national teams.
    It was a tournament full of surprise as the favourites, Germany, France, Norway even Sweden were failure, showing that every now and then you must be at the top of your game to win the Euro. If this four nations don't react in the right way more failure are about to come at the world cup in just two years.
    Europe has always had great players but what made the difference this time is the coaching abilities, mental training, tactical planning and reading of the game's flow is what made a huge difference. I still believe Germany, France or Sweden have better players that the four semi-finalist but they definitely had way worst coaches....Belgium, Austria, Denmark have excellent manager but the one who clearly was tactically superior to the rest was Holland's Sari Wiegman.
    In a tournament were details made huge difference Wiegman got them all right since day one but her masterpiece was the semi-final against England, the way she tactically prepared that game in order to nullify the big threat of Taylor's counter-attacking despite having two quite slow center backs is absolutely genius...there was a lot to learn from that game on a tactical and mental point of view..I certainly learnt a lot.
    Talking about players obviously big disappointment from the stars of the favourite teams which failed, Hansen , Ada Hegerberg, Le Sommer, Maroszan, Dabritz etc... but memorable tournament from many individuals who confirmed or established themselves as Europe very top players.

Best player of the tournament:
    1- Jackie Groenen (net) : Impressive is not even enough to describe some of her games, I didn't know her that well before the Euro ...I'm a huge fan from now.
    2- Lieke Martens (net): 3 goals 2 assist, it was hard not to give her MVP award...can't wait to see how she'll develop at Barca.
    3- Lucy Bronze (eng): The best fullback ever in women's footbal history...there is no debate.

My best eleven are:
    Zinsberger (aus) - Bronze (eng), Dekker (net), Houghton (net), Aschauer (aut) - Van de Donk (net), Groenen (net) - Harder (den) - Van den Sanden (net), Taylor (eng), Martens (net)

Honarable mention: Philtjens, Odeurs, Wullaert (bel); Bonansea, Stracchi, Sabatino (ita); Geyoro, Abily, Henry (fra); Schherbak (rus); Samuelsson (swe); Feiersinger, Burger, Puntigam (aus); Bright, Nobbs (eng); Cuthbert (sco); Boye Sorensen, Nadim, Nielsen (den); Miedema, Spitse (net).

Last but not least, this Euro were very likely the last of some of the best European players ever... Players which made history and gave a huge contribution to our movement .so a big Thank you to:
    Melania Gabbiadini, Ingrid Hjelmseth, Casey Stoney, Aline Zeler, Laura Georges, Elise Bussaglia and the legend called Camille Abily....Thanks a lot for everything.

JanBalk, gricio61, Gilmoy and 4 others repped this.
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Very good analisys, debzy! :thumbsup: Also, you Best 11 was probably better than most "official" ones. What puzzles me is that neither of them, including yours, manages to find a place for Nadim, who's been very very good in my opinion; but I admit that there were too many good offensive players and any choice made would have been an agonizing one.

20. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thanks, only very little details made the difference on choosing one player instead of another..it wasn't easy to leave out many..

blissett repped this.
  21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München

debzy and gricio61 repped this.
  22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^The top ten goals in the video are worth of any competition held anywhere on the planet regardless of the sex of the player. All are well taken and the one volley goal from the right side was quite reminiscent of van Basten against Russia in the 1988 men's Euro.

23. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Despite the fact that two Italian goals were awarded, I am not sure I agree much with this "official" selection.

It's true, there weren't many goals at this Euro 2017: just 68 out of 31 matches (that barely makes a little more than two goals per game). There were three 0-0 draws and many goals came from GKs' of DFs' mistakes. 7 goals were PKs.
    So, there is actually not much choice, even if you rewatch all of the goals, for instance through the UEFA video below (beware, though: many good actions are cut too short in this video and you can't really appreciate all of the build-up there was behind some goals).

But anyway, despite the relative low quality of some of the goals here at Euro 2017, I guess it's actually a crime not selecting any of the ones scored in the final match: most of them were quality goals, actually more deserving than some of the random ones I saw in that "Top 10" video. :cautious:

debzy and gricio61 repped this.
  24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    last week, Sam Kerr had every one of those goals bea & her famous back flip to boot(she only does that when she knows she scored a special goal)