Euro 2016 tickets

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by celtic67, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celtic67

celtic67 Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Australia
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Does anyone know what date tickets to next year's Euros in France will become available? Thanks

2. Stu_Lee

Stu_Lee Member

Feb 5, 2014
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
  3. bcred

bcred Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good morning!
    Here we go again.....

Miggy, sargopt and Stuckin1au repped this.
  4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    A little more risky this time around. I'm hesitant to commit hundreds of Euros and maybe wind-up with Iceland v Slovakia or something. Especially with Copa America happening in the U.S. at the same time.

5. Stu_Lee

Stu_Lee Member

Feb 5, 2014
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I hear you... I really wish they werent scheduled at the same time.. but this is the first opportunity that I will get to see the nation of my heritage (Poland) play in person at a major tournament with a halfway decent team... thats if they dont collapse in these final few months of qualifying! haha plus i live in the states, and never been to France... great opportunity to see more of the world...

6. PaaAllen

PaaAllen Guest

If the Tickets for the More classical matches don't get Hoard they could be a good shot to get,

7. Timanfaya

Timanfaya Member+

May 31, 2005
    Southampton
    There's going to be a ticket resale portal, that should reduce the risk a bit.

Miggy repped this.
  8. bulle1

bulle1 Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Sweden
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Does anyone know if mastercard/visa-customers are promoted or will recieve any benefits in this lottery phase?

9. The English Hacker

Aug 8, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've been asked at work to try to find tickets for a client. I've never contemplated buying tickets for a big tournament personally before. Got a few questions if you could help:

1. The mention of a ticket sales portal is interesting. Does anyone have any more information?

2. If I personally go into the lottery and "win", will I be able to transfer tickets to the client?

3. What are resale prices like? I'm guessing 3-4 times face value for top teams.

Thanks

10. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Aye here we go again Fish m8. :) Hope I do better than the debacle that was Brazil.

bcred and Stuckin1au repped this.
  11. fevon

fevon Member

⚓ Hansa Rostock
    Jun 4, 2014
    Glad to see that we have a people here aiming for the EURO!
    I'd be interested in your ticket strategies for the first application phase. Which cities? Group phase or knock-out only? What categories? Amount of tickets? Anyone going for destination tickets?

Stuckin1au repped this.
  12. The Germans are coming

Aug 13, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    Screw the tickets. I`ll probably spend the entire tournament in Marsaile.

Anyone know any good places to stay and go out?

Could someone open "a guide to France" thread for all who plan to go?

13. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

They don't check names on tickets just give them to him. If you personally have to collect them then a Notary maybe required for collection of a 3rd person. Otherwise It's irrelevant

The official resale portal will be likely similar to the FIFA one you lose about 10 percent. Better to trade them potentially with people on this forum who can be vouched for there are genuine people on here. Many contacts here I used for Brazil tickets which went down smoothly

Unofficial portals resale ones are just pro scalpers so the price is anything or even fake

14. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Dreaming no one but high end VIPs

15. fevon

fevon Member

⚓ Hansa Rostock
    Jun 4, 2014
    I haven't read anything about it and I really hope not!

16. Itay

Itay Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Israel
    I don't think so, because those are the only credit cards that you can apply with according to the UEFA website (in the FAQ section)

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    In theory, your odds are probably better if you select category 1 because there's usually an option 'to accept tickets for a lower category than what you applied for'. IOW, if you select category 1 you have a chance to get tickets anywhere in the stadium, whereas if you select the lowest category its that category or nothing.

Of course you could also end up with a bunch of category 1 tickets which could get quite expensive if you are too successful.

18. Itay

Itay Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Israel
    I think that the odds will be better if you will apply for cat 2 or cat 3. In the information ticket document which Uefa published it is written that "applicants can agree to accept tickets in other categories. Applicants will only ever be upgraded or downgraded by one category"

19. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
    Very few options for ticket choice this time around. No "Follow my Team".

20. fevon

fevon Member

⚓ Hansa Rostock
    Jun 4, 2014
  21. hearts123

hearts123 Member+

May 18, 2009
  22. bulle1

bulle1 Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Sweden
    Club:
    Everton FC
    What is "FFF licensee"?

23. bulle1

bulle1 Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Sweden
    Club:
    Everton FC
    It's very difficult to set up a schedule this time. Not a single team is playing on same venue twice in the group stage. Not to even mention the difficulties of trying to guess the outcome of the group results in the round of 16. :thumbsdown:

24. sats

sats Member

Jun 23, 2006
    OK so category 2 gives you the best odds of getting tickets rather than cat 1?

25. bulle1

bulle1 Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Sweden
    Club:
    Everton FC
    That's correct.

sats repped this.