Euro 2016 qualifying

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Belgian guy, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    That's the spirit ... we will not simply win the Euros ... we will annihilate the Euros.

WE ARE No.1 ON A LIST!!! I MEAN BELGIUM IS INCLUDED ON A LIST :)WOW:) ... AN ACTUAL FVCKING LIST :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: ... AS IF BEING INCLUDED WASN'T ALREADY TOO KIND, THE BOYS AT FIFA PUT US ON TOP OF THEIR LIST!!! ... GUESSING WE NOW HAVE WON WORLD FOOTBALL ... DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I'M IN A STATE OF INTENSE JOY AND HAPPINESS :inlove::inlove::inlove:

The KBVB always seem to lack funds ... the time to seek out strong sparring partners and money-spinning opportunities is ... wait, let me check my watch ... yes, it's now monetize o'clock.

Belgian guy repped this.
  2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Thanks dude!

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    So would you all agree that Nainggolan has cemented his status at the n°6?
    That would mean that with KDB at the n°10, there is only one more spot available in the midfield 3.
    Who should get that? We don't really have a true n°8 any more, do we? I mean, obviously Witsel and Fellaini can play there. But a pure n°8?

4. avdmeers

avdmeers Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Try Kums? Or Perhaps Tielemans.

5. Rode Duivels fan

Apr 16, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Well I think the term 'pure number 8' is a little misleading; the job description for a central midfielder is so all encompassing, only very few players in the world really fit the mould; Paul Pogba is one standout in my mind. In reality almost all countries and clubs need to compromise somewhat in that position. Do you choose the aerial strength of Fellaini, in spite of his technical and disciplinary limitations. Dembele is starting to play well again, he's strong on the ball and wins it back well without being being an overzealous tackler. Witsel's strength lies somewhere between those two. The obvious problem with all of them is their tendency to slow the game down with unimaginative distribution and simply holding on to the ball far too long.
    I guess that's where Tielemans or Kums could come in, but in all honesty I haven't seen much of either lately (maybe it's me, but I feel like the Belgian League's quality is getting worse and worse and I've stopped paying close attention). Another potential option would be to move Nainggolan up to the number 8 spot (since he probably embodies the number 8 role the best at the moment) and slot Imbula in as the new defensive midfielder. Haven't seen much at all of him, but the reviews I've read have been very positive. That said, putting a 'fake' Belgian into the starting lineup at the expense of some of the regulars may note bode well for team morale.

Blondo repped this.
  6. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Wilmots has a solidity fetish ... wouldn't surprise me if we get to see plenty of Fellaini-Witsel-Nainggolan with KDB on the RW ... eventhough Wilmots won't get the best out of KDB.

When all our players are fully fit, I'd like ...

Courtois
    Alderweireld---Kompany---Vermaelen---Vertonghen
    Fellaini---Nainggolan
    Mertens---De Bruyne---Hazard
    Batshuayi​

PS Batshuayi ... 8 goals and 3 assists in roughly 900' ... he should get a fair shot.
    PPS Carrasco and Bakkali are putting in top performances for their clubs ... to be among the 23 that go to France, they'll face tough competition.

avdmeers repped this.
  7. ra_sriniketan

ra_sriniketan Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Hazard and Mertens should get tough competition from them.

8. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
  9. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
  10. avdmeers

avdmeers Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Would have preferred Kums over Dembele, though I haven't kept tabs on Dembele. Does he still slow down the game to a crawl?

11. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Dembele is hitting the form of his life ... Wilmots called up 4 stikers and 9 defenders ... I'd drop one of them and keep Dembele in the squad.

12. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
  13. ra_sriniketan

ra_sriniketan Member

Jul 5, 2010
    yep.

14. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Fellaini and Jordan are injured ... Mirallas and Kums will take their spot.
    Also Okaka is called up by Italy again :coffee:

[​IMG]

15. ra_sriniketan

ra_sriniketan Member

Jul 5, 2010
    This two matches will prove where actually we are.

16. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Which of these 2 teams would win:

-Lukaku-
    -Hazard-De Bruyne- Carrasco-
    -Witsel-Nainggolan-
    -Alderweireld-Lombaerts-Depoitre-Vertonghen-
    -Mignolet-

or

-Eder-Gabbadini-
    -El Sharaawy-Marchisio-Parolo-Candreva-
    -Darmian-Chiellini-Bonucci-Florenzi-
    -Buffon-​

17. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Depoitre is a striker (not a CB).
    Wilmots said that he will experiment a lot during these 2 friendlies ... he'll start a different XI in each tie and, as to be expected in a friendly, plenty of subs ... hard to tell who will start. It probably will be a cagey affair as I don't expect Italy to give away much space.

18. avdmeers

avdmeers Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    If only Fellaini was present to stir trouble in their box, he's ideal for these kinds of games. Also a shame that Mertens is injured, it'll be up to Hazard to get fouled a lot and let De Bruyne take free kicks at Buffon lol.

If Conte is smart he'll exploit our left flank, as Vertonghen is often exposed, I'm placing my hope on a right flank with Carrasco/Alderweireld stacking up the crosses.

19. InsigneForBalonD'or

Jul 16, 2014
    The 6ix
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    You guys have a really talented squad. The only problem if i have to pick one out would be lack of experience. But we have seen in some cases that lack of experience doesn't faze the players at all so we'll see how this Belgian side does. It's strong, fast, talented and solid in every department of the field. I still have no idea why Conte left out Insigne and brought Okaka that lump of shit

20. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think he is trying to test out players. Berardi is another one he left out that really annoyed me, but he is at the U-21 squad. If Berardi and Insigne don't go to euro 2016 though, I will be pissed of and blow up my house. Unless there is a good reason like they are injured.

21. avdmeers

avdmeers Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Belgium
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Any idea what formation you guys will be playing? Heard rumors of a 433 as opposed to a 442. And the last friendly against England you played a 352. With players like Eder and Pelle/Gabbiadini the last one worries me more as our offence is far from potent at this moment.

22. InsigneForBalonD'or

Jul 16, 2014
    The 6ix
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I heard we tried out a 4-4-2 in training 2 days ago but no other news really

23. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am pretty sure 4-4-2 will be our primary formation. 3-5-2 is already asking for trouble. 4-3-3 we tried but had trouble scoring. 4-4-2 seemed to work out amazing.

InsigneForBalonD'or repped this.
  24. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
  25. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nice win guys, thanks for teaching Conte that he has picked a shit squad. In one way I am happy you won because we have the better players, we need to use them. Conte you shit for not picking Berardi and Insigne. We have world class players, we need to use them.

We'll get you back in the Euro 2016 quarterfinals, get ready Belgium fans!