Euro 2016 Qualifiers: Azerbaijan & Malta

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by sempreITALIA, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hopefully he can, one day, reach Montolivo's level. I pray.

JCNapoli17, Falc, Sal and 1 other person repped this.
  2. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Its your fault you know? We would have some nice high light reel footage had you not scared that guy who made them off this summer. :p

Falc repped this.
  3. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    w
    watch this space

4. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    TTTTF

Sal repped this.
  5. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    TTFTTF

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  6. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i like the liberal use of the the T's. Thats what I got from this game.

7. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    lol... tell me you didn't make that meme all by yourself? If so, you really need to take the test. :laugh:

9. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    I think there is a little too much negativity here. I'd like to crush every team 3-0, but it doesn't happen that often anymore in world calcio. And, we certainly have never run up the score. We hit the wood work 3 times vs Malta. It happens. I don't think the team played that badly. Ironically, I thought they had better rhythm 11 v 11 than when they were a man up.

This was the first time Candreva, Verratti, and Florenzi played in a midfield together. Can we give them a little break? They have to get to know each other and their styles. Conte is still slowing building this squad and hoping to get a core group going. It is a big positive for me that he is going with some of these younger players.

I think there might be something to Falc's theory that Conte's strikers get tired. Immobile runs his ass off, but it isn't always good to be tired when you have to be freddo in front of the goal. Pelle' had a nice header and a tap in, but didn't do that much more. He's the classic powerful center forward though and I see him being useful as a sub when we need aerial prowess.

I don't know why people mention Balotelli. He has exactly ZERO goals in the Premier League. What is he doing to merit a call-up? He's never been a great finisher and if that is what we think we need, we aren't getting it from him. Why introduce that cancer on this team? Conte wants his strikers running and he won't give that at all. I'd rather focus on monitoring Belotti, Gabbiadini, Destro, Berardi and others to see how things play out over the next month.

Sal and Nek Sanalet repped this.
  10. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    One more thing...one of the biggest sins from Lippi 2 and Prandelli was their unwillingness to introduce younger players in games that counted (qualifiers). Frankly, they barely introduced them during friendlies.

Contrast that to Conte...Zaza, Immobile, Florenzi, Verratti....all getting key time in important games. Clearly, Conte doesn't want to head to a Euro with his young guys having no experience. Smart smart thinking....even if means you squeak by in some of these qualifiers...it is still well worth it.

Sal, forza_azzurri and Nek Sanalet repped this.
  11. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Given the expansion of the number of teams at the Euro, this team is going to qualify regardless who they play. So I also like the fact that he's introducing new players into the squad.

12. Damiano D

Damiano D New Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    give them a break? Piss off! Germany pre World Cup and Brazil would beat them 10-0. We beat Azerbaijan 2-0 and 4-0 on the way to euro 2004. Even the Italy of old would smash them. Malta we've also killed on a couple of occasions.

Ballotelli not a great finisher? Check out his work vs Germany 2012 in case u forgot. His epl play for Liverpool is still fresh. Regardless, look at his record for Italy before u criticise u moronic ********.

13. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    While Balotelli played like utter garbage yet again for Liverpool, Pelle, Gabbiadini, Immobile, Destro, Quags, and Zaza all scored this weekend. Euro 2012 was more than 2 years ago…get a watch that works or buy a calendar. Luckily, more people are realizing every week that Balotelli is the biggest hype job in modern football. And those that continue to sniff his jockstrap are whining into an empty abyss now. I'm so glad he left Milan…overjoyed actually. I'm confidant we will finish third and have a shot at Champion's League next year. You should apologize to Uaglio, and hang your head in shame.

Edit: Goal.com rated Mario 1/2 a star out of 5 stars for his woeful performance against QPR...

Deleted User x repped this.
  14. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    You really want to talk about the Italy of old and their play against minnows? If you think Italia has run up scores against minnows, other than on very rare occasions, you haven't been following the team very long. I think every poster on here, other than you, would agree with that. We all remember stinkers against the Georgias, Faroe Islands, and Luxemburgs of the world. Heck, even the 1982 team played like garbage leading up to the Cup..getting a tie with Greece 1-1 and barely squeaking past Luxembourg 1-0.

The reason I'm not bothered by 4 wins in a row, even if they weren't dominant, is because Conte is building a new team. This isn't a veteran core that has played together very much. A lot of these players are still trying to get used to each other. He's also introducing some younger players into the mix. It takes time to mesh, and I think we will get there.

As for the savior Balotelli, one good game over 2 years ago with some mixed play and a lot of PKs since, does not make a great player. We all wanted him to be great. He just isn't. He has the tools but never quite puts it all together. Still no goals in the Premier League. This weekend he had as easy a sitter as you will get....instead of side footing it into the goal, he blasts it and shanks it to the moon. This is a great finisher?

15. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    lol look what Balo did this weekend..
    https://vine.co/v/ObJrbqJXwrO

16. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    What a great finisher that Balotelli is. After all, he scored 2 goals vs Germany two years and four months ago. I've said this a million times on here, but if you take away his PKs and a few free kicks, his finishing in the run of play is atrocious over most of his career.

Daei_10 and Sal repped this.
  17. sempreITALIA

sempreITALIA Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Take a look at some of the articles I have been writing about Serie A at footballpurists.com......I do only the Serie A articles and anything that has to do with the Italian national team. Here are a few links:

http://www.footballpurists.com/new-blog/2014/9/24/serie-a-and-its-fall-from-grace

http://www.footballpurists.com/new-...seize-the-lighthouse-late-on-from-city-rivals

http://www.footballpurists.com/new-blog/2014/10/13/an-unusual-rise-to-the-top

http://www.footballpurists.com/new-blog/2014/10/20/serie-a-ypw-gabbiadini

totti fan and Daei_10 repped this.
  18. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    [​IMG]

gumbacicc repped this.
  19. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    is that you sandgroper?

20. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

ive watched a few liverpool games this season and its not his fault the team sucks. they hardly do anything good and to blame him is unfair. yes hes overrated and a jackass but its not his fault liverpool sucks.