Euro 2016 other teams thread

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by johnny6, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Statistics are actually not on our side, even in the WC. Italy has made 6 finals, Germany 7. When it comes to historical table...Germany has accumulated 218 points, Italy 156. We obviously have the better heads up stats against them, but that's about it. Even if Germany lose to France on Thursday (which I think they will), they are still the most successful European nation in football. The benefit of keeping the silverware close, is the hope that all these promising young Italian players can deliver in 2018 or 2020.

Saint Miccoli repped this.
  2. Star-Lord

Star-Lord Member+

Aug 10, 2014
    Uranus
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Evra said he rather face Germany than Italy. With all of the players missing, I think Italy would have lost to France if they went through. I would like to see what France is really made of now and go through to the final.

3. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    You can't argue with Germany's consistency. Aside from Euro 2000 and 2004 they've been to the semis. They always get out of the group and find their way into the semis. I will say historically we still have a fantastic record against them, winning each time without the aid of penalties.

To me the real difference is penalty shootouts. They're 6-1 and we're 3-6. Even a .500 or slightly better record in the lottery gets us to probably 5 or 6 WCs and another Euro.

Rosay repped this.
  4. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    germany - rival
    france - rival
    portugal - not a big fan of cr7
    wales - kind of england, so its a semi-rival

how can i do?

5. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    Asteroid?

6. 5 post life

5 post life New Member

Jul 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Chievo Verona
    Portugal will win it all after Ronaldo blows the ref in the final during the game and gets awarded a spot kick.

barcaq8 repped this.
  7. Saint Miccoli

Saint Miccoli Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I kinda hope Portugal wins. Losing 2004 must have sucked for them, so beating another team on their own turf would be perfect symmetry.

sleepyvato50, forza_azzurri, DDR and 3 others repped this.
  8. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It remains to be seen, but I doubt France loses tomorrow. I'm still chuckling at Italy-Azzurri-Fan claiming Insigne was as good as Griezmann before the tournament began.

meazza repped this.
  9. PhuckHead

PhuckHead Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Lol Portugal. Congrats on winning your first tournament:thumbsup:

---Z--- repped this.
  10. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Congratulations Portugal!

11. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Portugal trolled everyone, and without Ronaldo. lol.

Rosay, ---Z---, meazza and 2 others repped this.
  12. PhuckHead

PhuckHead Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I thought Joao Mario was immense. I hope Inter doesn't get him. I know the Portuguese make fun of Eder, but he was incredible. The LB was also very good. They have some good players. I remember Bernardo Silva who wasn't on the team looked like a star in the U21 Championship.

13. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fully deserved. They deserve some kind of championship with all their skilled players they produce.

Ironically they didn't win it this way. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. PhuckHead

PhuckHead Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Joao Mario's Pocket --

[​IMG]

I wondered where Pogba was all game.

InsigneForBalonD'or, Rosay and meazza repped this.
  15. Baggionero

Baggionero Member+

Apr 23, 2015
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He was played beside Umtiti playing deep because Deschamps doesn't have the brains to play Kante, allowing Pogba to play more forward.

16. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    LMAO at France losing to that team at home....without Ronaldo LOL

This Euro really did suck. The format was garbage and Portugal clearly benefited from the easy road and extra day off. France didn't have the legs they did in the semis. I HATE France don't get me wrong, but we've been burned by short rests many times.

PLAY THE DAMN SEMIS ON THE SAME DAY!!

forza_azzurri repped this.
  17. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    At least they put their skilled players on the park and ask them to work hard... instead of you know, our method.

18. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ... Shall I celebrate?

19. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Bernardo Silva was injured, so he was not selected but probably would have been if he was fit.

I am sure hell get a chance for world cup qualifying.

thanks for those of you who supported us in this final, 10 years after they lost to italy in WC final they lost to Portugal at home.

20. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Now don't pull off a Greece and not qualify for the World Cup :)

21. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    This Euro sucked. I'm not saying that Portugal didn't deserve to win the final match, because they actually took their chances whereas France didn't; but to suggest that a team that barely made it out of their group, and didn't have to face a decent team until the final is the best team in Europe is laughable.

The blame lies in the format of the tournament. Portugal did what they had to do. They advanced by playing to their strength, which was their defense. If I ever hear another Portuguese supporter say that Italy plays catenaccio, they should be punched in the face.

22. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    Austria, Hungary, Iceland, Croatia, Poland, Wales....France on 2 days rest

Wow...talk about a path being cleared for you. Credit to Portugal for seizing the moment but I don't think I've ever seen the chips fall so perfectly for a team in a major tournament. Even with that cake path they had one win in regulation time in 7 games.

23. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Romania, Albania, Switzerland, Ireland, Iceland, Germany (where France had a week rest somewhere in there playing at home)

Plus the rules were the same for all the teams in the tournament. Because Portugal finished 3rd doesn't make them more "lucky" than any other team.

24. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Btw, added a little context to your post

3 group winners and 2 runner up. Just cause they don't traditionally fit the view of power house teams, doesn't mean they were easy to beat fyi

verde-rubro repped this.
  25. InsigneForBalonD'or

Jul 16, 2014
    The 6ix
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    You can't relate Austria, Hungary, and Iceland to teams like Germany, Spain and Italy. I'll give Portugal credit, no one expected this from them after what happened in the group stage and they fully deserved to go as far as they did because even when they played against France there were maybe only 2 or 3 real goal scoring chances. 2 Griezmann headers which Patricio saved and Griezmann missed and then Gignac hitting the post. Other then that, France never really had a true goal scoring opportunity in 120 minutes. Says a lot really