Euro 2016 other teams thread

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by johnny6, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    not that I want to continue this as I would rather the jabbing at each other stop

but didn't Greece beat them twice at home in that Euro in 2004

first in the group then in the finals?.....my memory is foggy

I know that teams sometimes dog it in the groups ( italy is one example we all know of course ) but I would have thought they would have showed up for the final at home to beat them for their first trophy?

2. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Seriously?

We played our B team.........in a game we had nothing to play for.......in a game our opponent had everything to play for. lol

johnny6 and Rosay repped this.
  3. Marco Delvecchio

Marco Delvecchio Red Card

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    We had top spot sewn up with a game to spare. We won two from two before that without conceding. 8 changes for the Ireland game.

You haven't won a game and finished third in the easiest group conceding 3 goals to hungary and you're still talking shit? Go home you inferior jealous loser.

Rosay and el napulitan repped this.
  4. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    We celebrated because everyone wrote us off pre tournament and we beat one of the best teams in the world and pre comp favourites without 2 of our best players, one being one of the best play makers in the world.

Talking about celebrating like winning a World Cup, that's exactly what you guys did last year after you beat us for the first time in 40 years in a friendly. And again by your logic, Italy " shoulda " won that game 5-0. Eder scored 2 minutes after Bonnuci hit the post.

You guys talk shit and you've won nothing. Ever. You're inferiority complex always rises to the fore and rears it's ugly head. Instead of infecting others with your negativity, try and be more positive and productive with your life. Don't look to mock others success, instead focus on your own. Then, you might actually have some. Instead of having.......nothing.

Rosay and forza_azzurri repped this.
  5. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    When you allow a team like Hungary to score 3 goals....you can never say you have a decent defense LOL !!!

el napulitan and Rosay repped this.
  6. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They were all predicting a Portugal rout over Hungary and then it was great to see their d-cks in their mouth when Hungary scored first and actually Portugal never led in that game.

Rosay and Marco Delvecchio repped this.
  7. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    No shit. Every game it was " were going to kill them. I'm optimistic " and now the same things being said vs Croatia. I think they can beat Croatia as they've had their number in the 3 times they've met. But they should seriously shut the ******** up and learnt to respect the opposition as well as others. Each and every tournament the only ones making noise about Portugal are the Portuguese themselves. Big mouths.

forza_azzurri repped this.
  8. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    you seam very un knowledgeable, a once a every 2 year soccer ball fan? If you beat Croatia it will not be "no problem at all". the fact you brought up the Ireland game shows you are not clued up.
    Portugal are distinctly average, every big team would love to play Portugal and Ronaldo can only perform when he gets to play week in week out year after year in the same comp. He cant do shit for Portugal and a lot of that is to do with thinking he is superior to his teammates. It's also funny you say Portugal are like italy in that you play well against big teams, when exactly did that happen? I don't recall you beating anyone that is a big team, the last good team you had was way back in 2000. If Italy fans can acknowledge this Italy squad is the pits, why can't you acknowledge that this Portugal along with the Portugal of the last few years is average and a team not to be feared?
    twice lol. Group and final.

9. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  10. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    great player but not a great leader by any means... too much estrogen in his system

11. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    so at this point portugal is going to beat croatia "no problem".... then...

croatia still going to get smacked around.... then...

what happened.. all of a sudden now you have to step it up to beat croatia.. admitting that you know the threat is coming...

I predict a minimum 2 goal victory for Croatia. Perisic and Rakitic and company are going to run all over your old slow useless defenders

artielange84 and forza_azzurri repped this.
  12. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Portugal - One win in their last 6 group games going back to the world cup. Says it all.

BTW I thik they will beat Croatia. Croatia can't play the Portuguese.

13. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    These teams suck. Portugal has 4 draws in 4 games. Useless. Croatia are ********inbg scared chumps. Portugal will fluke this could even do a turkey 2008 and equalise late forcing penalties. Either way neither of these bums are going anywhere.

14. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    And Portugal wins. Let me be the first to say that this whole Italy vs Portugal feud/thread is dumb and silly. In NYC, I have never heard of such animosity between these two great countries.

15. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like my chances even more against Spain now. This is the Croatian team that beat them ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Croatians thought they had this win in the bag

And hey we didn't need penalties
    We finally won a game

And Portugal has taken a page out of Italy's group going through the group with three draws and winning the round of 16 against a favorite

Good luck on Monday

artielange84, Rosay, PhuckHead and 2 others repped this.
  17. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Croatia can only blame themselves. They played scared which is unlike their style.

18. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The feud is only on the pitch. Off the pitch we marry each other , go to work together and live in the same neighborhood.

Anyway whenever Portugal wins a game I just stare at our 4 stars.

Rosay repped this.
  19. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Portuguese saying what a great win it was but mention nothing about being total shit, second best and lucky. 117 minutes to get a shot on goal? How much possession did the have 35 percent haha. What a disgrace.

If you're going to hang shit on other teams then put hit hand up and judge your own. They were ********ing horrendous. Scoring 27 sdconds after Croatia hit the post sums it all up. First win in almost 4 and a half games at the euro. What a great team.

20. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    its okay you get another chance to cheer against us on Thursday.

21. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not sure but thought that for the statistics the result after 90 minutes count. Therefore you have to win a match yet.

22. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I bet less people in here would care if you didn't come in here to troll, you know?

23. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    pardon dage

please clarify what you mean....sorry for the confusion

are you saying they haven't won a match yet?

24. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    France down 1-0 ht. absolute lock they come back and win. 90 minutes, extra time, penalties, one way or another France are winning this.

25. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Enter a Lilian Thuram/Laurent Blanc type figure. Maybe Pogba can be the hero. France will win this 100 percent.