Euro 2016 other teams thread

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by johnny6, Jun 10, 2016.

1. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Your team is going nowhere with that defence.

Rosay repped this.
  2. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #27 Pietro Calcio, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    in before the Italian Canadians and Portuguese Canadians turn this into a shit thread

@calabrese8 @artielange84 @Marco Delvecchio @---Z--- @Rosay and anyone else part of this rivalry I don't really understand

I'm not blaming anyone so don't take it that way. just wanted to say guys please don't start tossing shit at each other in each others' threads. there is no need.

also from what Z posted it didn't look like we was throwing any pot shots even as big a troll we know he can be :sneaky:

focus on your own team first and should you go into other forums only go with the intent of posting something positive or nothing at all. no point lurking , casting negative votes and posts in another forum just for shits and giggles.

afar and forza_azzurri repped this.
  3. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's not really a rivalry. its portuguese Canadians that are jealous of Italian Canadians and can't stand how we are better than them at all aspects of life. They get frustrated and start arguments with us to try to bring them down to their level.

4. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well as much as I understand your perspective, their perspective will be they are just defending negative comments of their team in the Italy forum. imo with this being an Italy forum this isn't the venue for that . I see shit cast all the time on other non Italy forums but I let it be.

so in the end let's not add more fuel to the fire by talking unecessary shit about them and let them be better people themselves and not talk shit here

let us all focus first on our own teams and forums and not worry about anything else

let us also genuinely congratulate each other and wish each other well

afar and Rosay repped this.
  5. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    C Ronaldo will still never win anything internationally which is the truest statement in the world

calabrese8 repped this.
  6. Marco Delvecchio

Marco Delvecchio Red Card

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    No shit. Many of them were saying we were lucky to win against Belgium, we parked the bus, Belgium are overrated etc. Whenever we win were always lucky or the other team was shit. So jealous. Many Pundits applauded out win and said we sent a warning to the rest of the comp, which we did, regardless what happens after this game. We played fantastic. That z is a troll who will sink the boots into Italy whenever he can. He acts all nice, he's a fake hater who despises Italy, like most portuguese. It comes from their feelings of inferiority.

7. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I got banned from the Portuguese forum 1 month before Italy won their WC in 2006 just for mentioning their connection with Brazilian football. Portugal fans also stole my flag at the cottage that summer of 2006. I got my revenge with the 4th star. This rivalry is only in Toronto and nowhere else on the planet and its only in soccer.

It all started in 94 when Italy beat Portugal in a two legged WC qualification. Then Portugal fans were jumping on the Brazilian band wagon waving Portuguese flags during Brazilian wins at WC94. The final straw in Toronto was when Brazil won the WC and Portugal fans were celebrating in Italian neighborhoods as if they won the WC. That's the history of this rivalry in the GTA.

InsigneForBalonD'or and Daei_10 repped this.
  8. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Why are you all concerned about what the Portuguese supporters have to say? We have won more internationally than almost any other nation. The Portuguese have won shit. They are not at our level such that their fans' criticisms should bother anyone here.

9. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has Portugal won any tournaments? even in youth level. As far as i remember they've always been a disappointment.

InsigneForBalonD'or repped this.
  10. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You have to live here to experience how bad the rivalry is.

InsigneForBalonD'or and Rosay repped this.
  11. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Youth level ? We are current u17 European champions and won plenty at youth level(including two world cups at u20)

Portuguese clubs also have more European trophies than France to give an example .

12. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Croatia will top their group ahead of Spain. Turkey may even beat Spain. Croats will get revenge for 4 years ago when they were denied two pk's.

Rosay repped this.
  13. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Re portuguese fans. The jealousy is what annoys me. Couldn't care less about their joke of a nation team. Perennial chokers. Never won anything, never will. Get their first win in 4 decades against us in a friendly and they think their big time. They then lose friendlies to Cape Verde and Bulgaria

Rosay and InsigneForBalonD'or repped this.
  14. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    France will thrash Albania. First team to score 3 in the comp today. Maybe 4 or 5, maybe even 6!

15. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    very true.. i have a lot of portuguese friends who are generally great people and much like in europe don't care about the "rivalry". Then there are the trolls like Z who need to be put in their place. I don't hate the team i moreso hate the trolls. it's that inferiority complex which annoys me.

Rosay and InsigneForBalonD'or repped this.
  16. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    my final thought re: the portuguese ...

POR Captain = Ronaldo... great player..but arrogant, not a great leader and unsportsmanlike...hes definetely no Figo

ITA captain = Buffon ... classiest player I can remember..great leader

you do the math

Rosay repped this.
  17. InsigneForBalonD'or

Jul 16, 2014
    The 6ix
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Lol I also live in the GTA and when Iceland tied Portugal me and my buddies went through the 1 portuguese area around with Iceland flags.

Believe me, finding Iceland flags are fcuking tough but that was money well spent.

forza_azzurri, calabrese8 and Rosay repped this.
  18. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Someone asked , so I answered . We do well for a county of 10 million.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  19. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Next time call me up. I'd be so down for that lol

20. InsigneForBalonD'or

Jul 16, 2014
    The 6ix
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Not really, your highlight was coming 3rd in the World Cup in 1966. Also, Greece has won more than you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rosay repped this.
  21. Pietro Calcio

Pietro Calcio Member+

Jul 28, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    guys ....c'mon man

focus on us

hopefully they focus on them

afar repped this.
  22. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I understand there are local rivalries, but this one would be akin to Aston Villa fans trying to compare themselves to Manchester United.

23. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Or Atalanta to Milan

24. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ukraine eliminated already, that's too bad.

25. Marco Delvecchio

Apr 9, 2016
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Spain put on a great performance today.