Euro 2016 KO Round: Match 43, 27 June: Spain-Italy (R)

Discussion in 'Spain: National Teams' started by Pichi, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Vacation starts tomorrow for the boys!!

2. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Alba is great going forward, the only one that has provided width but he has been shambles defensively this tournament

3. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Good job dribbling yourself Pedro.

barcaq8 repped this.
  4. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Spain's play got them into this bracket but in all honesty in order to win they would have had to beat the best teams and this team has now shown that they are in a decline and its' time to move out the old and bring in the new, now before WC 2018 qual is half way through!

5. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    As the saying goes if you are not going to win, lose early and go home quickly!

6. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think if the ref had given a red card to Cesc, Silva and Pique: we would have played a better match. Because Del Bosque obviously wasn't going to do it playing the exact same team after the last match.

7. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  8. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    thought Silva was ok, I mean he wasn't worse than Iniesta

9. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    Horrible play through out the competition from Ramos imo
    Horrible game from everySpanish player today except DDG and also Juanfran who tried a bit too.
    Also Pique wasn't that Bad

10. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    Iniesta was IMO the biggest let down in this game

11. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yeah but it's not his fault that on a bad day the entire rest of the team except for Juan Fran and De Gea have a bad day too!

barcaq8 repped this.
  12. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Inieasta's passes still connected. Silva just needlessly dwelled on the ball, only to give it to an opponent.

I'm not clearing Iniesta, I still think De Gea is the only one who didn't have a bad game. With Vazquez not having enough time but showed some spark.

Pedro and Cesc should not even have been called up, yet both find themselves on the field. That's just horrible.

barcaq8 repped this.
  13. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The End of an Era.
    Two Euros and a World Cup in the past eight years. What others would give to have celebrated such success!
    For me, 2008 was the best of the lot. Convincing performances, great creativity and organized defending.
    And yet with 2010 you knew that as soon as Spain scored it was game over. South Africa very much the most satisfying as that star on the shirt can never be taken away.
    2012 was icing. And "justice". ;)
    A generation of players that rewrote the history books!
    And we can't forget Luis Aragones, the man who made this squad bring fear to the rest of the world.
    Del Bosque picked up the torch and carried on the legacy. He more than deserves his share of praise.
    Still celebrating! :)

[​IMG]

14. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pizzi should be the new coach, he just led Chile won Copa America. He played for Spain National team in the 90s right?

15. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'd think he'd rather take his chances with Chili at the WC. Plus it's looking more and more that Del Bosque will stay after his comments after the game. The man has no shame.

16. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Chile are in a much better place right now. I don't think Pizzi would jump ship.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Bielsa type coach for us though. Yes it would completely change our style but we have to change with the times. The slow possession game doesn't work anymore (especially since we don't have the players like Xavi that excel at that type of game).

barcaq8 repped this.
  17. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well, he did bring Real Madrid and Spain great trophies, so I don't want to have any bad words on him, but it's really time, he should have retired after 2012.

18. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Member

Jul 18, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At least Spain should make a try on him.

Pizzi took the mantle on the end of January this year, his team didn't start well on the Copa but was keep improving and deserve their trophy in the end after a bloody battle against Messi's Argentina. His work was quite incredible.

19. barcaq8

barcaq8 Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Camp Nou, Barcelona
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The end of an era. 2 European cups and a world cup in between, many nations would kill for this. Consistency and Tiki-taka at its finest forms. Koke, thiago and the likes of Morata and vasquez should get more playing time.

espana really missed the clinical finisher (david villa) and the pillar of possesion football (xavi) in this tournament.

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  20. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    There isn't another Xavi (or even a Xabi Alonso) and that's the problem Del Bosque has had. He hasn't tried to alter the style we play even though we don't have the world class player to play that way anymore. The possession game doesn't have to be abandoned but it needed to be altered. We played with no width, our game was played way too slow, that is just the start of it.

barcaq8 repped this.
  21. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Didnt he score a header in one of the recent Champions League finals?

22. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Uncle Sox great post and I am using that pic for my FB post! Thanks!

unclesox repped this.