Pre-match: (EURO 2016 - Group Stage) Germany vs N. Ireland 06.21.2016 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Lahmfan, Jun 18, 2016.

?

Who is going to win it all?

1. Germany

6.3%
  2. Deutschland

62.5%
  3. Alemania

31.3%
  1. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    if you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the second tire teams like italy and spain

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If we dont change our way of playing quite soon we wont have to worry about the later stages anyways

HANS-GUNTER BRUNS repped this.
  3. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Basically Germany need to either speed up their play in the final third or changes r needed

4. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's not just 2 games.. We've played god awful football for 2 years now..

Our qualifying and friendlies have been abysmal and it's still carrying over to this tournament.

We're missing too many key players/leaders ATM.

No lahm and bastian, no Klose up top.. No gundogan and no Reus on the wings is hurting us more then I thought.

So I don't think it's a quick fix.

I hope they turn it up

5. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So according to kicker so far the only change in line up is Schurrle for Draxler !!!

Ger90 repped this.
  7. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Coming in second would be something like
    Switzerland , Spain , Belgium , France

8. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol shcurle is a impact player from bench

9. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol manchester united

NUFCBayern and dips82 repped this.
  10. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol yes biggest club in world

11. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :cautious:

:D:ROFLMAO:

12. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If Jogi just takes 1 chance , basically makes one change ... I would like kimmich to come on for Hoewedes ... And he could swap goetze and muller around ...that should at least balance the team to come over the left and right side a little !!!

Sifrit repped this.
  13. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I see Ireland would require a draw basically to qualify ... 4 points should be enough to qualify as third team ...

Ireland will probably just sit back and let Germany attack abd hope for counters . They will try to take this game to a draw .

I think Germany should start with a hectic pace ... Try and get an early goal !! If Germany do get an early goal , Ireland will have to start coming forward , abd Germany will hit them on the counter . If Germany do what I say they will win 3-0 [emoji23][emoji12]

14. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Watching the France game that's the kind of pace I am talking about !!!

15. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    If Loew plays the same lineup, i can't see how Germany can prevail on this match.

--------Gomez

---Draxler--Ozil--Mueller---Sane
    ------------------Kroos

That's the best forward lines that I can think of, however it's a bit complex in tactics because LB and RB have to run inward to the middle to help Kroos control the posession just like how Bayern system works. 4 players draxler to sane are free to run and exchange positions.

The problem is Loew doesn't seem to change anything, the team does not have a scoring problem just after 1 goaless draw:rolleyes:. He now complains that he doesn't have dribblers in the team, only passers, damn so why keep podolski and no Bellerabi or at least Brandt

MatthausSammer repped this.
  16. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If he seriously said that, that's beyond stupid. Why else would you bring Sane if not as a dribbling supersub?! Why the f*ck wouldn't you bring Bellarabi if you wanted an experienced dribbling supersub?! I know you posted this already, but its worth restating.

EmersonRW repped this.
  17. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wouldn't can and kimmich fullfill this role as LB abd RB perfectly in that kind of setup ?

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Watched the draw against Poland in the airport terminal...everything about that game has been said already.Somehow this team looks uninspired or somehow something important is missing in the puzzles..maybe the players just don't care as much...we might see the same effect in World Cups as well...everything is shifting towards the importance of club games contracts and saving their best for the big pay cheques at their designated clubs...i dunno on paper we have the best depth and quality..but somehow we have not been able to use it in our advantage!
    Am not sure how things will spread out..but i just hope we don't lock horn with Italy:speechless::thumbsdown::sick::cautious::confused::whistling:

20. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    One of the last few German Legends! Its not all about ball skills...mindset and mentality is what wins gameso_O

21. BMGuy

BMGuy Member

Bayern Munich
    Sep 6, 2004
    vietnam
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-euro-ger-loew-idUKKCN0Z40CA here is the article

He said teams need players who can dribble past defenders in one-on-one situations to break open the packed backlines against defensive-minded teams in the tournament.

"We need players to take on one-on-ones," he said.

"Dribblers today are an important factor for teams at this Euro because some teams, as feared, are defensively very deep and are defending with nine or 10. Northern Irelanddefend with a six-man line and three in front.

"We do not have many who can do that (one-on-one). Our team operates with passing and combinations. So because we don't have many one-on-one players we have to combine and plan our runs."

Loew, whose team is eyeing a fourth continental title to add to their four World Cup crowns, said he was confident his players would deliver against Northern Ireland.

"We want to win, we will win and we will top the group," he said. "I think we will then play in Lille for our round of 16. I don't know any other way."

BorisG repped this.
  22. boot360

boot360 New Member

Jun 20, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    #47 boot360, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    Hello to everyone at the forum, I usually just read the comments in the forum, but I was really interested in the EC Germany situation.

Perhaps the main problem so far has been the squad selection by Loew. Leaving out more pacey players like Brandt,bellarabi,volland reduces the options to change your system. If you add the abscences of Reus and Gundogan, you have very limited options.

He has been sttuborn to not let go of players like Podolski and continues to play Goetze as a false 9 when he had an awful season for Bayern Munich. He continues to be stubborn and doesnt trust young players like Sane, Kimmich or Weigl (who lack the experience but have shown good things so far). Sometimes I wonder how the hell he had the confidence to put Mueller, Ozil, Boateng, Kroos and Neuer (all very young at that time) as starters in the 2010 wc.

I expect Loew to make some adjustments for the Ireland game since I still believe this team can grow during the tournament. Would love to see this lineup ( I have strong doubts about Schurrle to be honest).

the 4-2-3-1

Neuer

Howedes- Boateng- Hummels- Hector

Weigl Kroos
    Sane Ozil Schurrle

Muller

or the 4-3-3

Neuer

Howedes- Boa- Hummels- Hector

Weigl
    Kroos- Ozil (or Khedira,Mueller)

Sane Muller (or Gomez) Schurrle (or Ozil, Draxler)

Some in the forum have mentioned Kimmich as a possible RB. I have only seen him play as a CB for Bayern and I understand his natural position is DM. Has he played before as a RB?. If there is a better option than Howedes ( as in contributes to attack and at the same time defends well) time to be bold and make changes.

And time for Loew to grow some balls and make adjustments... he needs to start trusting his players.

MatthausSammer and Minttunator repped this.
  23. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree especially with part about fielding youngsters . They have done it before why not now . Other teams in euros are also doing it .
    Time will tell , if he will bring some of them on !!!

24. boot360

boot360 New Member

Jun 20, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yup. I still cant understand Loews obsession with the false 9 Gotze experiment. Even Spain decided to drop that ball. No more Fabregas as false 9 BS, Del Bosque is trusting (that is the correct word) a young Morata as CF. If germany doesnt want to risk it with a younger player at least put a CF that actually knows the position and can help with posing a threat to defenses. Its just a matter of common sense.

Alex C repped this.
  25. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Fail to win here and Löw should be fired before the round of 16. Might give the squad the shake up required.

Minttunator and Dhajj repped this.