Euro 2016 - Everyone but us.

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by JC-14, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dunga was sacked as NT manager today.

2. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    France, Germany and Spain form a class of their own.

Maybe we see now the full effects of the league realities, and the billion money inflows.

3. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

The hell is wrong with this guy :eek:

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's his/our secret of saquesess
    [​IMG]

sXeWesley, JC-14, wilson00 and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe Iceland are that good!;)

6. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^haha at least we did not let them score from open play, we just forgot to

7. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Iceland keeper Halldorsson had the most completed passes of any Iceland player with 21/38. The only Portuguese starting player to have less passes than him was Patricio hahaha

Ridiculous that we failed to score against them in 180' of qualifying, and allowed them 2 awful penalties and another one of those corner kick against.. I hope our players are watching this and I hope their shame only fires them up for the WCQs!

8. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's always hard to score 11players play behind the ball

9. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #59 wilson00, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    Then how did they score.??

Naaa pals its no use crying over split milk now. Its was not a miracle that NT conceded from open play or Iceland were awarded a penalty. Simply they were a better structured team. This was the problem throught the qualifers. Was NT a Structured team. Simply No and this is why they are not in the euros. Jus to add here those teams that qualified and were in more easier pools,I mean you can't take anything away from them. You can call it luck of fluke, they played,they won, they are there.

Those who were undermining Iceland and how NT lost to them twice.well there you go. They could have won the game vs portugal but were bit unlucky.to those who were pin pointing at players for the NT loss,this result just shows it not jus abouts players but it is also about how smart you can play as a team too. Ronaldo,Nani,Pepe,carvalho,Moutinho. Vs NT,Sneijder,Robben,RVP,De Vrij.

Again tatically they jus have the right players to play 4-4-2 formation which they mostly used in the qualifiers and what they used against portgual Well I don’t know how much depth they have on the bench but if nobody from their starting 11 gets injured,they could go long way. They also are using the same formation and the same players that beat NT and others in the qualifiers. They play 4-4-2 in attack and 4-3-3 in defense.

I always admire the presence of Gylfi Sigurdsson,whether its Iceland or Swansea. He also can be so deceive when ball at feet. Jus like Van Der Vaart to some extent.

10. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    'Naaaa' to what?? I'm not crying about anything, I want our players watching and learning from what has been done and letting it motivate them. You disagree?

Also you are wrong, we did not concede to Iceland from open play. And again, there were 2 penalties.

Iceland have a plan and execute it well, I don't take anything away from that. Is that what you mean by structure?
    They park the bus and try to get a goal on the counter attack. Are these tactics which impress you? Personally I'm more impressed that they can get goals and the results they do after seeing them create such few chances, so power to them for being great defending as a team and frustrating their opponents.
    The chances created were 21-3 for Portugal, attempted shots were 26-4, yet Iceland is unlucky not to win?
    Portugal miss loads of chances and had only one goal (and a pretty nice goal too), then a defensive error causing one against them.. so I think if you want to say that any team was unlucky not to win that should probably be Portugal, but to me a draw was pretty accurate.

11. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    1. "Ridiculous we failed to score against them in 180 of qualfying...."
    2. As always I don't believe in stats.attempts at goal can be from anywhere. When I said Iceland were bit unlucky I was referring to Finnbogason miss Which should have been a sure goal if for another striker maybe. For the sake of argument,clear chances. I hope you get the picture. Even if you go look the stats for Iceland and NT. You will also find everything was in NTs favour.

3. My mistake on the open play.should have read set piece.

12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hey, they at least know how to contain Portugoal.

Something a certain team in Orange could learn something from

13. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    To learn what how to play like Cowarts Iceland only had 27% possession when the game ended their player that made the most passes for them was there goalkeeper

Iceland beat the Netherlands twice are you telling me that they have higher quality than the Dutchs I don't think so they just sat behind you guys with all 11 players and got lucky

Not to take anything away from them as they are a good side with some good individual players and play well defensively and as a units

But once they expanded the tournament to 24 teams this is what you get look at Northern Ireland against Poland who should've probably had six goals that game and only managed one!! Any other day that: team would put 4 past Northern Ireland. Also the Spain versus Czech Republic game is a great indication on how the teams in smaller amounts of quality are going with this bunker approach again any other day that Spain team would've put three or four goals past the Czech Republic

In the end of the day a draw with Iceland for us isn't the end of the day as Hungary and Austria are far less defensive and to be honest I was impressed with the way my team created chance after chance after chance with a little more finishing our luck will turn around

Also if memory serves me right the third-place team in the group also makes it to the next round

Cheers

14. I wonder how those Russian and English maniacs got into France. Especially the Russians have to pass through the border gates with passports showing. Didnot the Russian gouvernment give the French the names etc. of the to them known criminals. The same question can be asked of the British.
    What I found most disturbing was the way the police handled it. They should all have been equipped with action cameras and cornered those misfits to arrest them all, not disperse them. The action camera footage could then be used to seperate the unfortunate bystander caught with the mob from the real perpetrators.

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Lagerbeck is really an underrated manager. he always had his Swedish teams prepared to play in tournaments. Iceland played good enough football in the group stage to qualify for the Euros. Whether they can keep up the play is a question that will be answered in the next week or so.

nurvin repped this.
  16. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Haha you quote half of my sentence with no explanation? This must be what you say 'naaaa' about?
    So to be clear, you disagree with my opinion that it is worthy of ridicule when a team aspiring to be european champions is unable to break down a defensive team and score at least one goal in 180' minutes while shipping 3 the other way? If you disagree, then why? Do you mean to say that Iceland is such good a good team that we should not be upset that we lost to them, and further, that to try to scrutinize the reasons why that happened is 'crying over spilt milk'?
    Or do you just try to be argumentative with me for some fun? Maybe that is why you ignore my other questions again.

Statistics are just numbers representing data, I don't think they require your belief.. but maybe you just mean to say that they dont always tell the entire picture, to which I agree.
    I understand why you said Iceland was unlucky not to win, and I only say that Portugal had clear chances in the match too, so were probably more unlucky not to win. Can we make an exception to your beliefs and compare the stats of clear chances?

Wrong, the most important stat is goals and Iceland deservedly beat us 3-0. ;)

17. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is Germany's Euro to win. I cant see anybody stronger than them.
    The only way they can lose this tournament is if they have a really bad off-day, but I dont see that happening

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Spain is def stronger in defense and especially at the fullback positions. And they have a real no.9 in Morata

19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    France keeps leaving it to late in the match. Italy will win it all!

20. nurvin

nurvin Member

Feb 11, 2011
    France has a terrible manager anyway. Leaving out 2 of the best players of the team was a crap idea.

21. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe Pelle can do a Schillaci 2.0

Orange14 repped this.
  22. bunbohue

bunbohue Member

Apr 5, 2005
    ^^^ Schillaci 2.0 will only get Italy to semi final. Rossi 2.0 will win it all. However I think Germany or France are the best contenders right now.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    England are really bad!

24. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Don't think Milik is leaving Ajax after missing two great chances to score tonight. The second chance was laid right onto his favored left foot.

25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sweden refusing to roll over for the Azzuri