Alert: Euro 2016 draw

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by BlueDonkey, Dec 11, 2015.

1. BlueDonkey

BlueDonkey Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I accidently posted this in the wrong spot but as I said let's hope Montolivo brings us European Glory !!

Who will be in our group?

annoyingracoon01 and Rosay repped this.
  2. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Watching the draw, those lady dancers lifting their skirts was the best

3. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Wales just drawn into England's group, shocker.

InsigneForBalonD'or repped this.
  4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Belgium, Sweden & Republic of Ireland it is.

5. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I liked how when Italy was drawn everyone started chattering. :D

InsigneForBalonD'or, Rosay and pindal repped this.
  6. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We'll finish last in the group no doubt

7. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    For some reason I had a feeling we would draw Belgium. This looks like one of or the toughest group

8. annoyingracoon01

Aug 29, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could have been worse.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ireland again? Good think Robbie Keane is getting old.

upload_2015-12-12_11-21-40.png

10. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm happy with the draw... The harder the group stage the better we seem to do historically

Rosay repped this.
  11. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yep, worked out really well for us last year

12. InsigneForBalonD'or

Jul 16, 2014
    The 6ix
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    No worries boys. I'm gonna go down to France and play for Italy.

Rosay repped this.
  13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. Jimmy Blogs

Jimmy Blogs New Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Club:
    AC Chievo Verona
    we should get through. I thought this could happen, last time at the euros we had Belgium and Sweden in our group we topped it and lost the final to France. I could see the same thing happening, and then the French winning the world cup. Reverse way they did it in 98-2000. Anyhow I don't think we can win it, but making the final is within our grasp. That would be absolute best case scenario but a realistic outcome would be crashing out in the second round. I think we will meet Austria in the 2nd round who will top their group ahead of Portugal. You can do the predictor here http://euro2016.eurosport.co.uk/

A win, draw and a loss should see us through as the best 4, 3rd place teams go through. Loss to Belgium, draw Sweden and beat Ireland is very attainable for us. Anything can happen as we all know. We could go out early, or have a deep run. Verrati, Candreva, Darmian, De Sciglio, Marchisio, Giovinco, Buffon and an experienced defence form a good nucleus of players who are worthy. Would have preferred another group besides group D but it's good to have a tough draw so we don't get complacent. When we've been in Group E we seem to do well, making the world cup final in 94 and winning it in 2006:)But should we progress which should be hard we would have endured 3 tough games then another one waiting in the next phase in PortugalAustria more than likely. Looks like a hurdle too far as other teams appear to have '' easier '' groups.

France or Germany to win it for me.

15. Jimmy Blogs

Jimmy Blogs New Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Club:
    AC Chievo Verona
    Italy vs Ireland and Spain vs Croatia last group games for Italy-Spain was the same case for last euro. Anyhow I like our last game vs the Irish, take nothing away from them but we should get the 3 points like last time seeing us through to the next phase.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The rest.....
    [​IMG]

17. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Oh my another Chievo Fan. @ForzaChievo

18. Jimmy Blogs

Jimmy Blogs New Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Club:
    AC Chievo Verona
    eerily similar that in November 1999 we lost a friendly to Belgium 3-1 then get drawn with them and Sweden in the draw for euros and make the final and lose to France. History will probably repeat and France will win it. I just did a Azzurri-Fan and did a predictor that saw us playing Poland in the semis and Germany meeting France.

1982 all over again. In my dreams sadly.

19. AlbertoAlbino

AlbertoAlbino Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Hong Kong
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sweden... does anyone smell the same shit in 2004 like I do?

Rosay repped this.
  20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    One biscotto is ok but I'd rather have two biscotti! :)

AlbertoAlbino repped this.
  21. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think we should be able to win this group guys. I see us beating Belgium and Sweden but getting a 1-1 draw against Ireland.

Ireland have improved and have upset Germany, and I think we might drop some points against them.

Sweden should be easy. Honestly this team should be called Ibrahimovic. Once Ibrahimovic is marked Sweden are dead. This team couldn't even take 3 full points with 2 games against Russia, and 2 games against Austria. Not to mention Austria humiliated this team 4-1 in their own backyard. Sweden did beat Denmark, but look Denmark couldn't even make it past Albania to automatically qualify.

Overall when we have a harder group we tend to play better, and I am really curious actually on how the game against Belgium will be. Us against Belgium is arguably the best group stage game.

By the way though, I have a question? How is it possible we meet France in the final if both of us win our group? We will meet them in the semis if we meet them and both win the group. And by the way I think we can win this whole thing. We should be able to beat France if we are really hungry and want this. France are a great team but on paper they are really only superior to us in parts of the attack. Honestly I think France aren't superior to us.

Spain and Germany are the only teams I think that could be superior to us but even them I am still not sure. Considering our curse on Germany and that they have been questionable in qualification I am not sure. As it stands I'd call Spain a little superior to us, but not by much. The rest are either our level or below us.

Also if you ask my predictions for the exact score, I think we will beat Belgium 2-1 in the opening match, and then a 2-0 win over Sweden. Against Ireland I think we might drop some points and do a 1-1 draw with them.

22. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here are my other group predictions:

Group A: France to top, Switzerland to advance.
    Group B: England to top, Slovakia to advance, Russia advances as third place.
    Group C: Germany to top, Ukraine to advance, Poland advances as third place.
    Group D: Spain to top, Croatia to advance. (Turkey and Czech Republic will draw knocking both of them out).
    Group E: Italy to top, Belgium to advance, Ireland advances as third place.
    Group F: Portugal to top, Iceland to advance, Austria advances as third place.

Please don't underestimate Ireland. I watched them in the playoffs and against Germany and they were quite impressive. I said to myself, this is a team I'd like to avoid if possible. They can be quite difficult to break down, and some of their players have pace and ability to hit teams on the counter.

23. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Screen shot 2015-12-28 at 2.11.34 PM.png Screen shot 2015-12-28 at 2.11.42 PM.png
    These are my full predictions. Please ask me if you have any questions or disagree?

I left out the final on who will win, because honestly I don't know if we could beat Spain or if Spain could beat us. Spain seems to be better as we think, but maybe we could get revenge, and by the time the final happens maybe we would have been more impressive in the tournament. I am leaving the final opened and not predicting that so early.

24. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Where are Argentina? I think you're foolish if you think any team can stop Messi. Wait and see.

25. Italy-Azzurri-Fan

Nov 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah did you watch Copa America, Chile shut Messi down very well. Even Jamaica frustrated Messi a lot. Forget about Messi is this unstoppable player. Messi is an amazing player and one of the best in history, but he is not unstoppable or untouchable.