Euro 12 Final squad

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Age of Azzurri, Mar 4, 2011.

1. LToni

LToni Member

Nov 25, 2007
    toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thats what they said in 06.

2. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    And Euro 2000 as well.

3. turco3

turco3 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    That's what they say every year.

4. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    i have a feeling ogbonna will stay because he can also play left back in a pinch

5. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    2010 was definitely worse, not just being a revisionist but before the tourny started most of the players were past it and out of form.

It's easy to say this about this squad because great players are only given those acclamations after major tournaments. Most of the team is unproven on a major inetrnational stage like this so it easy to judge them before they kick a ball.

6. gummy-bear83

gummy-bear83 Member

May 24, 2010
    Piombino, Tuscany.
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    omg Bonucci is investigated ....if it's true, he will be ruled out like Criscito because it's not fair to apply double standards...

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    team juve remember he will stay.

8. DA ITALIAN

DA ITALIAN Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i feel its unfair for criscito to be cut just over allegations. now we only have one lb. and balzaretti didnt have the best of seasons.

9. DA ITALIAN

DA ITALIAN Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well now i just read that they have photos of him and sculli meeting the match fixers prior to a match that is under investigation.

10. gummy-bear83

gummy-bear83 Member

May 24, 2010
    Piombino, Tuscany.
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    and we mustn't forget that it's not impossible that Criscito might be arrested afterwards as the investigation goes on and the prosecutors might find new elements of proof against him

11. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    On the other hand, Balzaretti was SENSATIONAL for about three years previous to last season. In my opinion he is fundamentally much better than Criscito and so this might work out for the best if he rediscovers some form.

12. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Suprised that Bonucci kept his place since he is a suspect and under investigation by Prosecutor Office in Bari. Findings from Bari's Prosecutor will arrive @ FIGC, Federal Prosecutor office in Rome June 2012 for the 2nd trial.
    (Udinese 3-3 Bari game in 2009/10 season.

13. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    a) I don't remember anyone complaining about quality of players in 2006. Maybe about some selections
    b) I seriously hope you're not comparing the 2 teams

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I remember they were complaining that Lippi wouldn't pick Panuccibecause he had it out for him and he also kept crying that Christian Vieri wasn't fit or ready for the tournament but then he counted on Toni who scored 81 goals for Palermo & Fiorentina in 3 years so I think at that point, everyone seemed to forget Vieri pretty fast. Having said that, I don't ever remember no one not complain when a final 22-23 man roster is picked.

15. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, there is no proof whatsoever against him thus far...finding one would already be a huge step forward.

As it is, Criscito will be completely cleared of all charges in any trial...even in a fixed one.

16. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, I wasn't complaining about players being left out, I already did in the past. I was just commenting on the team's average quality.

17. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wasn't saying you were complaining. What I meant was for as long as I remember, someone somewhere, mostly in the media and journalists seem to complain about the final 23. Its inevitable and it happens every 2 years.

18. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who said those people in the picture are 'match-fixers'?? Not the prosecutor nor the official papers. Only the press. Only one press source, actually.

That picture has only one goal....discrediting Genoa ultras by suggesting they are directly involved in match-fixing. Keep in mind that that photo is completely unrelated to the match-fixing inquiry...it comes from an investigation on drug trafficking which was completed in September 2011.

I personally have no doubts about the person who made that picture available to the public today and to the prosecutors in the past weeks (leading to Criscito's dubious involvement, motivated exclusively by the fact that he dined with Sculli the week before the game under radar) and who probably also suggested it has a direct link to the ongoing match-fixing investigations. If I'm right, he made a huge mistake which will come back and bite him in the ass. "Lugano addio..."

19. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ...and it happens in England, France, Germany, Portugal, Netherlands etc

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Oh of course it happens there also. Although I don't follow those teams so I can't comment.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Watching the rai, the cops blocked the gates at Coverciano. Albertini said Criscito was caught because there were photos taken with him and some Genoa Ultras supporters in a restaurant in 2011. Ranocchia might take Bonucci's spot.

22. Iaquinta

Iaquinta Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm pretty sure that is what they said in 2010. We had more than two world class players in 2006.

23. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Are Italian authorities that superstitious that they think a scandal will win them a championship.
    2006 scandal aside how about the 1980 Paolo Rossi betting scandal ??? Don't we ever learn ???

24. Cassino_Nardone

Cassino_Nardone New Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Looks like most Italian media outlets are reporting that the two final cuts will be Andrea Ranocchia (CB) , and Mattia Destro (ST). So our 2012 Euro Cup squad is most likely to be:

Portieri: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Morgan De Sanctis (Napoli),Salvatore Sirigu (Paris St. Germain);
    Difensori: Ignazio Abate (Milan), Federico Balzaretti (Palermo), Andrea Barzagli (Juventus), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Christian Maggio (Napoli), Angelo Ogbonna (Torino)
    Centrocampisti: Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Alessandro Diamanti (Bologna), Emanuele Giaccherini (Juventus), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Thiago Motta (Paris St. Germain), Antonio Nocerino (Milan), Andrea Pirlo (Juventus);
    Attaccanti: Mario Balotelli (Manchester City), Fabio Borini (Roma), Antonio Cassano (Milan), Antonio Di Natale (Udinese), Sebastian Giovinco (Parma).

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well technically in 1980, Italy actually bowed out at home during the Euro nations Cup taking 4th and then they won the WC 2 years later in Spain.