Euro 12 Final squad

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Age of Azzurri, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Age of Azzurri

Age of Azzurri New Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    June 2012 is racing here and for the last few months I have been toying round with the final 23 man squad for Italy for Euro 12.

Heres how I see it.

Gianluigi Buffon (c)
    Emiliano Viviano
    Salvatore Sirigu
    -
    Giorgio Chiellini
    Leonardo Bonucci
    Andrea Ranocchia
    Mattia Cassani
    Domenico Criscito
    Christian Maggio
    Federico Balzaretti
    -
    Danielle De Rossi
    Thiago Motta
    Claudio Marchisio
    Alberto Aquilani
    Riccardo Montolivo
    Sebastian Giovinco
    Antonio Nocerino
    -
    Antonio Cassano
    Mario Balotelli
    Giampaolo Pazzini
    Giuseppe Rossi
    Fabio Quagliarella
    Marco Borriello

Now listen although I didnt include Pirlo does not mean I think less of the man. He is a legend to the Azzurri and Italian football in general, but I have to go with younger players on this one.

2. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Looks good to me, but I think Borriello will be given a run for his money by Matri, meanwhile only time will tell what kind of player is when he comes back from his long injury layoff. Hopefully he bounces back well though, because the guy is usually in great form for the NT.

3. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i hope santon makes a return, he's talented. Other than that, the list looks pretty good. Midfield doesnt look that exciting though.

4. Italy08

Italy08 Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We have to have Pirlo in this tournament. He is probably the best Italian player we have along with Cassano.

5. Denton52

Denton52 New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Perth
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There's no question Pirlo will be in there, but he'll have to play LM or RM to suit Prandelli's midfield. That's the same system as Milan so it shouldn't be a problem if he's fit.

Also you are missing Mauri (or someone similar) to play the defensive No.10 role since we won't always play 3 strikers.

6. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    so no one thinks cannavaro should be given a try ??

7. Age of Azzurri

Age of Azzurri New Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think are biggest issue will be and is t RB. Cassani, Santon, Maggio, Motta, De Silvestri and even Zaccardo, and Abate are our options. Cassani is our most consistent and deserves the starting spot. Santon just isn`t ready yet. I can see De Silvestri and Abate running that flank for years to come but just not yet. I believe Maggio is the most warranted for this role although Zaccardo should also get another shot.

As for the midfield De Rossi needs to be utilized the most in an attacking box to box role along side Marchisio. Motta and Nocerino could occupy the holding role and Aquiliani and Montolivo could take over the playmaking duties. Giovinco would hold a wide attacking role or play as the number 10.

8. Gatorbomb

Gatorbomb Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd like to see Cassano playing behind Rossi and Balotelli in a 4-3-1-2 formation. I pray that Santon rediscovers his form to take his role as our RB for the mext 10 years at least. In the centre of defence I'd put Ranochia and Chiellini, and on the left I'd throw Cricshito. The midfield would need to stacked with defensive minded players such as De Rossi, Motta, and Marchisio.

If Cassano wasn't playing well, than he should be substituted with Pirlo. I don't understand where all this hate on Pirlo is coming from. With his style of play, i can see him still being veru effective for another four years. He's never been known for pace or tackling, and his quarterback style of play could stretch out his career.

9. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Buffon doesn't instill confidence in me like he once did.

Paolo Cannavaro would be better.

YIKES :eek:

Cassano is a arrogant fat ass slob, Balotelli is a cry baby diva and Quags has been hurt all season! Rossi and Borriello would be the only ones I'd pick. Definitely an area that needs improvement.

10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Paolo Cannavaro should be given a chance he has been great these past 2 seasons

11. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Kind of early to start this thread no

12. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Not necessarily. I think it'll be interesting to see how much things change in terms of the look of this squad between now and Euro 2012.

13. Ghana_Black_Star

Ghana_Black_Star Red Card

Apr 20, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Davide Santon, Balotelli, Giovinco, Acquafresca, etc. they need to be in the line-up, youngsters, fill it up with youngsters but still have that experience within the final 23

14. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    This kid has pretty much fallen off the face of the earth. I hardly see him making a big enough case for himself within the next year...

15. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

:facepalm;

you realize that Napoli has no forward to offer Italy besides, Mascara and a 35 Lucarelli but according to Napoli fans they are the best Italy has to offer.

16. Napule

Napule Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I think I speak for the entire Napoli fan base when I say no one has asked for these two to be called up... But if you just want to put words in our mouths then that's cool I guess.

17. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    where did you even get this from?

18. Ghana_Black_Star

Apr 20, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    But we all agree that Italy's squad needs to have that youngster presence, that youngster feel

19. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    without Pirlo we're out in the 1st round again. We're completely different with him in there, he links everyone together and brings a sense of calm to the team. I don't care how old he is, if we're going to the EURO to win it we need Pirlo.

20. Ghana_Black_Star

Apr 20, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Pirlo would be the only veteran that I would want on the EURO 2012 and Brazil 2014 team, the other veterans are expendable, and I would have Pirlo be the captain for 2012 and 2014

21. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    pirlo 2014?! are you on crack? i wouldnt even take him to the EURO considering hes not even playing for Milan. plus hes out of form and injured. ridiculous

22. DIECI

DIECI Member

Sep 1, 2004
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    what does him being injured now have to do with next summer? LOL + he played in the last Milan game last weekend.

23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    WOW big ********ing whoop. hes still out of form and old. who knows by next season but i doubt hes gonna get better as he gets older

24. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    I dunno man. I for one know first hand that Pirlo is the type of player that can instantly change a match in our favour, but at the same time you'd have to wonder what kind of player he'll really be a year from now. He'll be 33 years of age, and coming off a slew of injury problems. He likely won't even be seeing much playing time if he's still a MIlan player either. Gotta start exploring other options in the form of Aquilani, Montolivo, and D'Agostino as much as possible until then.

25. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    get over pirlo please....italian teams need to learn, the oldies just arent doin it. Unless you're talkin about di natale and miccoli who still play and RUN like they're 25

pirlo, because of his role, the more u keep him the longer it'll take u to recover cuz u will never find a replacement. His role is not like forwards where u can just replace them.