Promotional hat-trick! Ethan Horvath at Cardiff City FC

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus. That's what you get for Man of the Match!? That's one Hell of a trophy!

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman, autobus39, freisland and 4 others repped this.
  3. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    A big season for "All Hail Horvath"

futbal nut repped this.
  4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Only way they could score on him was on a PK. Brugge won 1-3 and Ethan looked good.

Zinkoff, futbal nut, Winoman and 8 others repped this.
  5. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What were those names in red on the graphic?

6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reserves.

7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I wish we had highlights. Missing the Gold Cup just might have done far better for him.

futbal nut repped this.
  8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Butez is exactly the same age as Ethan (1 day older), and has weaker stats, yet they are lauding him as the future of Belgian goalkeeper who "doesn't arrive as a foreigner for the future" while saying of Horvath that he arrived as a bet for the future, that he progressed little, and that got the starting role without ever convincing.

Horvath had 11 clean sheets in 28 games to 9 Butez clean sheets in 30 games.

The article is heavily biased toward the home boy.

9. futbal nut

futbal nut Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Oct 12, 2018
    Here we go again, press trying to stir up controversy with Horvath. Read my previous threads this kid has had to prove himself like no other keeper. First with Leko benching him when he took over because he wanted more mature older keepers Ethan proved that was wrong came back & helped them win the league. Then next season Leko brought in 21 Letica Croatian wonder kid & makes him #1 but now it is accused Leko got paid under table to bring in Letica and may even have had incentive to play him so he could get extra $ under table from the agent (WTF) & yet Ethan overcomes that comes back helps team win their first Champions League game in over 10 years on his way to 3 clean sheets vs Dortmund, Athletico & Monaco. Club has told Ethan he is their #1 going into Season. Matter of fact team told him unless he was assured to start at Gold Cup they wanted him to skip it so he could be start of training camp for Brugge which began during Gold Cup.
    Seems like only way for Horvath to please the Brugge supporters is to get a clean sheet every game after scoring a hat trick himself as well ! Leko (the criminal) tried to f...k up Ethan’s career twice &’created a doubt in the press and fans heads about Ethan yet he has proven them all wrong yet he gets no respect. All Ethan does is put his head down & stay silent and work his ass off each day.
    The club for Butez now wants $6 million for transfer Brugge won’t bring him in cause at that rate they would have to make him number 1 & if they did that Ethan’s agent would be go to press in no time to show how dishonest and unethical the team mgt is at Club Brugge. They are desperate to get rid of Letica & have said they will bring in a solid number 2.
    Let’s see if they hold true to their word ???

10. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's almost time to put Belgium in the rearview. Hopefully he goes all out and earns a fat transfer to Germany or another top five league.

gogorath, UnitedBorn, Pl@ymaker and 2 others repped this.
  11. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Needs to showcase himself as the best keeper this season. A nice summer move to some midtable club in Germany is probably waiting in the wings.

12. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Considering the rep our keepers have earned there, a move to the EPL is not completely out of the picture, IMO.

13. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I recall reading Horvath was a fan of the Bundesliga. I'd like to see our boys (especially keepers) try newer leagues. Though, hard to resist that PL $$$ and glamour.

14. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    They've a match today

Screenshot_2019-08-02 club brugge - Google Search.png

Pl@ymaker and Winoman repped this.
  15. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then he’ll finally be on the same level as Steffen.

futbal nut and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    6-0 win, another clean sheet, two saves.

18. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  19. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    How was his performance?

Winoman and futbal nut repped this.
  20. futbal nut

futbal nut Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Oct 12, 2018
    He was solid, strong distribution and his two saves were both very good one was reaction save as the shot came thru traffic and the other was a foot save on a one on one breakaway. Both were in second half as Brugge was already up 4-0 so he had to be focused.

21. futbal nut

futbal nut Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Oct 12, 2018
    He has played at higher level than Steffen past 2 years. Ask what has Steffen won or done aside from playing in MLS playoffs. Ethan has won Norwegian league at age 21, Belgium league at age 23 and played in 23 Champions League/ Europa League games already getting clean sheets vs Monaco, Dortmund, Athletico Madrid, Celtic and Ajax. Let’s see what Steffen does in Germany he got lucky already in that the number 1 At Fortuna hurt his shoulder in mountain bike accident (stupid team...they had them all ride mountain bikes as a team event in preseason WTF).

22. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ????

I though Ethan has been in Belgium.

23. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His average competition Belgium is better than MLS especially if you count the champions league and Europa games.

24. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he just meant that Ethan’s personal level of play is above Steffen’s. I definitely agree with that.

I am on the record many times with my opinion that Steffen isn’t very good at all.