Promotional hat-trick! Ethan Horvath at Cardiff City FC

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Mar 23, 2012.

1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Maybe I'm too forward; but would a fair critic say Horvath has been among the best keepers this season? Any chance he finds himself in the running for top 3 contention for Goalkeeper of the Year (yes, months away and he'd have to continue this form).

futbal nut repped this.
  2. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Best keeper of the Belgian league went to Aston villa a few weeks ago

TxEx and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. futbal nut

futbal nut Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Oct 12, 2018
    Horvath gets start today for Club Brugge and the 2-1 victory moves them w/in 7 points of first place Genk !

Attached Files:

4. futbal nut

futbal nut Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Oct 12, 2018
    upload_2019-1-27_10-3-36.jpeg

5. futbal nut

futbal nut Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Oct 12, 2018
    Interesting that Greg Berhalter US coach has yet to even call him to say hi ??? This guy already is starting off alienating players not a smart move !!!

6. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    What makes you believe that? Jan camp is primarily MLS players.

The Irish Rover repped this.
  7. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    There hasn’t been an opportunity yet. He will.

8. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Damn, I was hoping for a cleansheet.

9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Also helps that Genk lost 1-2 today.

10. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How? o_O

11. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Next game next sunday at Jan Breydel vs KAA Gent

Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  12. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    This poster has only ever posted in this thread, indications would be that they are close with the player, so probably correct. My response would be that it was early. Patience.

13. futbal nut

futbal nut Member

Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Oct 12, 2018
    I have some insider knowledge and why this is an issue. Berhalter was in Europe for almost two weeks met with Christian P. & a few others while he as there. Supposedly came to Europe to connect with European based players. He arrived right after Ethan got the clean sheet V’s Athletico Madrid.
    Not even a phone call was a weak move.
    Shows his biased to Zach Steffen. He also brought in all Crew coaches on his staff another concerning move. I understand he maybe comfortable with them but this is his chance to put best staff together. One that will also help him think bigger etc.
    Again I maybe a lone voice here but some early moves that should at least have us asking questions!

14. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Berhalter should have given him a call.

15. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you know how January camp works?

16. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Telephone call. Berhalter should have given him a telephone call when he was Europe if he couldn't have a meeting with him.

17. mace

mace Member+

Indy 11
    United States
    Jun 5, 2004
    USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You don't have to be in Europe to call someone in Europe. Just sayin'. I think we're agreeing, it was the least Berholder could have done, but no reason he can't call him anytime.

18. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Sounds like Berhalter was touring the bigger YA-inhabited leagues on this trip. Plus it was only early November when Horvath really got this string of form rolling, so I don't have any problem with Berhalter waiting for a bit more consistency on Horvath's part. Still all the time in the world to connect with potential Gold Cup players.

19. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    2 weeks until the RedBull match :cool:

20. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    I concur. I'm sure also that he (and Horvath) both know the competition isn't so thick. Horvath is easily a no.2 if he brings his Brugge form to the Nats this spring.

21. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Yeah, This can shake out later. Horvath and Steffen are clearly top choices and arguing about phone calls right now is pointless.

22. Sufjan Guzan

Sufjan Guzan Member+

Feb 13, 2016
    I mean isn't Steffen's loan back to the Crew exactly so he can get the requisite number of appearances with the Men's National Team to auto qualify for the Work Permit? That's what I thought immediately when I saw it was just for a half season.

I don't know as if Horvath will get a shot until after Steffen gets that work permit.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  23. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Steffen will have like 6 opportunities this summer to get the work permit. But I'd imagine Horvath will be competing for no.1 as well (and probably will deserve at least 1 match in the Gold Cup).

24. gunnerfan7

gunnerfan7 Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 22, 2012
    Santa Cruz, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, there were guys in Europe that aren't Horvath nor in the Bundesliga.

Julian Green in the 2.Bundesliga. Andrija Novakovic at Fortuna Sittard in the Eredivisie. Romain Gall at Malmo. Jonathan Amon at FCN, Christian Cappis and Emmanuel Sabbi at Hobro IK in Denmark. Matt Miazga at Nantes (just got loaned to Reading). Lynden Gooch at League One Sunderland. Duane Holmes at Derby County, CCV at Swansea, and Geoff Cameron at QPR in the Championship.

Did he meet with all those guys? Is it a snub to any of them if he didn't? Should he have met with all of them when he's not going to call in any of them to the January camp?

He's been the coach for a month, and probably took a quick jump over the pond to see the Bundesliga guys (Puli, WM, TA, Wood, Morales), and that's mostly it. Don't think you can call that a snub, but maybe you know more about who he talked to...

superdave and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.