Promotional hat-trick! Ethan Horvath at Cardiff City FC

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Mar 23, 2012.

1. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    if his club gets CL in the fall, it might not be such a worry anymore.

2. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

4. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Regular season has ended so the play-offs begin

5. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. nycfc919

nycfc919 Member+

Aug 17, 2015
    Exciting thread since the move!

7. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    He'll get his shot soon. Eventually. Hope he's ready to take it. If he's starting within the next year he def will be going to Russia.

8. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    does anyone know how the play-offs in Belgium work or why even the reason they have it?

10. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I don't know a ton about the why but I believe it's a set up to have a playoff atmosphere without erasing the entire regular season, which playoffs have a habit of doing. I think it's like NASCAR's set up (from what i know) in that there is a second round that builds of of the first part.

So everyone plays double round robin. After that they draw a line between sixth and seventh place. The top six cut their current points in half, then play double round robin between each other while the bottom teams basically do the same (but in two groups and with promoted teams from the second division). The top six are playing for league honors as well as Champions/Europa League spots, while the bottom 12 are trying to grab the last spots in Europa League.

I find the setup fascinating and does a great job of giving every team the longest reason to keep playing for something, but keeping it fair for everyone involved. Denmark has a similar set up, but there's is actually a little more crazy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Danish_Superliga

11. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Report originally from Het Laatste Nieuws that Club Brugge are betting on Ethan Horvath for next season. They might continue to keep Ludovic Butelle, as a mentor for Horvath, but Butelle's role as their #1 seems likely to be over after this season. I wouldn't take this report as definitive, but it's certainly a promising sign.
    http://www.voetbal24.be/news/club-brugge-schuift-deze-basisspeler-definitief-aan-de-kant
    https://www.voetbalprimeur.be/nieuw...ij-club-brugge-optie-wordt-niet-gelicht-.html
    http://m.hln.be/nieuws/butelle-enkel-nog-het-heden-horvath-de-toekomst~a3d1f23c/

12. nycfc919

nycfc919 Member+

Aug 17, 2015
    If he's the #1 next year he's in a great spot developmentally. Unfortunately it's doubtful that he's ready to step between the posts for 2018 but I really really want to believe that he's the guy in 2022 as he should be right smack dab in his prime in 5 years.

ChuckMe92 and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  13. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    1.5 million euros? Molde made out pretty well

14. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009

Google helped me out and i thought this was very revealing.

Butelle's 34-year-old came to Club last season, the Frenchman was one of the architects behind the title. This season, however, he is absolutely not a point packer. On the contrary, he makes a particularly insecure impression. Butelle has another option in his contract allowing Club to hold him until 2019, otherwise his contract will end in a year.

According to The Latest News, Club now puts everything on Horvath winter transfer. "At Club Brugge, they assume Horvath is running its form on training and working on number one. Whether it is in competition with Butelle is very demanding. At the moment, it does not seem that Club will have that option Lights. More, if Club had seen a chance to sell him last winter, it would definitely not have left it, "read that.

In the end, Michel Preud'homme was still protecting Butelle this winter. "Mathew Ryan was the alternative that made Horvath in his shadow. But Preud'homme wanted to give Butelle another chance." Ryan is in the meanwhile at RC Genk, but the idea remains the same. "Horvath is more than ever the future Butelle ankle Still the present. "

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  15. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
  17. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Two reasons

1, make more money
    2, play more games on the highest level

18. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I just hope he's a point packer. Fingers crossed.

19. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Club Brugge up 0-1 after 45 minutes and Ethan had almost nothing to do

20. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Wow great development for Ethan. Makes is clear he will be favored as the No.1 heading into next season (though nothing is guaranteed).

Brugge up 1-0 at half against Charleroi (an important town during the 100 days and Napoleon's march from Paris --> Brussels)

21. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a live stream of the match on Charleroi's Facebook page. Indeed, Ethan has had little to do as Charleroi have mostly been on their heels.

22. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Horvath with the gaffe of the year, 1-1

:devilish::devilish::devilish:

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  23. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #548 Mario Balotelli, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
    Awful mistake...

860586038086991873 is not a valid tweet id

JRB92 repped this.
  24. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    looks like he was confused as to a call/non-call

Bummer

25. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Thats such an anomaly type of goal that I wouldn't worry, unless that causes him to lose his place, which would be too bad.

Its not like he did something technically wrong with his goalkeeping, he had poor awareness. I'm sure he's had that type of situation a million times with a striker trying to sneak in, its not like being the starter here has overwhelmed him, it was a one off mistake in awareness.

brentgoulet and ChuckMe92 repped this.