Estaduais - 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by celito, Jan 23, 2019.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't follow it, but Rogerio does have the personality to be a good manager. Teammates always said he was very demanding to the point of being annoying.

2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I want to see Dorival in Botafogo. Finally Ze Ricardo is fired. Terrible manager.

3. TL2C24

TL2C24 New Member

Dec 3, 2014
    first I've seen of Vasco all year in today's game, but that team is in for some serious trouble this season. Average game from Flamengo, but Vasco never looked like threatening, absolutely dominated

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Paulistao had 2 goals in 4 SF games. First game of the final a goal less draw ... as expected.

The Carioca had 2 goals in the 1st leg of the final ... but less than 10k fans. I guess Vasco fans didn't bother.

Gaucho was just decided with surprise surprise ... on PKs after a 0 x 0 draw.

Dreadful stuff.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Two 0-0 draws in the Gauchao. I didn't even know they played yesterday. That had to be one of the worst Grenals ever.

Vasco fans were talking so much smack before the finals but disappeared when the ball got rolling. Now they say Fla has the better squad and an obligation to beat Vasco. Funny thing is they weren't saying those things before.

Not to mention the Paulistao final had its share of controversy.

As someone who still enjoys the novelty of state championships to a degree, this year has been pretty bad.

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    All teams should make a pact to play more attacking football. For the good of the product. Obviously won’t happen.

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sadly have to agree. I still enjoyed them this year but it's been non dramatic. And you know I love my carioca classicos but if i have to see another flu- fla i'll punch a wall.

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Corinthians is the only team who really played anti- football tho. Palmeiras and sao paolo went forward even if it was nill- nill. point taken tho.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes Corinthians is the big outlier. Although Felipão is no stranger to doing the same thing with a half goal lead. Maybe not as extreme as Carille.

After the 2nd Santos tie Carille tried to say Santos pushed them back which was bullshit. He just didn't want to justify playing the way he did.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil