Estadio Juan Ramón Loubriel

Discussion in 'Puerto Rico FC' started by psveindhoven, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some pic from outside the stadiums facilities, their laying done the drainage pipe for the field that will connect strait to the Rio Hondo Canal.

2. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Intru, Thanks for the updates. It is good to know of and see the progress.

You are truly an asset on the ground for those of us not on the island.

3. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    In a interview done to the mayor he stated that the turf will meet FIFA standards, didn't say if it's one or two stars. He also mentioned that the field will be longer but not wider.

4. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "The field was never built with proper drainage. Puerto Rico gets an average of 50 in. of rain per year and the poorly drained surface would quickly pool up during rainy matches leaving puddles scattered across the pitch."

I remember the Santos - Puerto Rico game in the CCL (PRI won 3-1 I think) that was like a mix of water polo and soccer, to me it was a very fun game to watch, the Santos players did not know what to do, the PRI players were used to it and their game reflected that, all the PRI passes were high balls to avoid the pools of waters, the Santos players kept trying to pass the ball on the ground and the ball would get stuck.

Very fun game to watch from my house indoors away from the rain, but I bet that it would have been fun even at the stadium.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBHvau8bLY4"]PR Islanders vs Santos Laguna (3-1) 09 23 08 - YouTube[/ame]

8. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    This isn't rally that much. NYC also gets 50 inches a year. Where a drainage system come in as useful is when the rain comes down mostly in downpours.

9. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
  10. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Bayamon's avg rainfall is higher at around 77 inches. Remember the island's avg is brought down by the south and east being dryer. They wouldn't;t make any songs about how much it rains in Bayamon if it didn't rain that much jejeje

11. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, I will be travelling to PR in early April and had a quick question for you. Are there taxis available outside the stadium after games? Or would you need to set up transportation beforehand? thanks!

12. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    I think that you need to set up the transportation, but near the stadium it is the train station who takes you to Hato Rey or Sagrado Corazon Station, near from San Juan...

Or ask on the Hotel...

13. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really the important question is where the girls are at?

14. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayvol, I would arrange for my own transportation. If you are staying in San Juan, you might want to rent a car. Bayamon is south of the city. Las Islandera is about twenty to twenty five minutes from the hotels along the beach (condado, ocean park or isla verde). I agree that your hotel should be able to give you some help.

Ceezmad, for my take, anywhere along Ashford is great for getting a good look at the beauty of the island. I am married. So, I only look. :)

Bayvol, if you are coming in April, I don't think JRL will be ready. As you can see it is under renovation. The game will probably be played in Bayamon, but the team has not announced where. So, stay tuned for updates.

15. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Staying in Old San Juan, so yea, will try to figure out transpo. Not renting a car though.

I did find out it will be at the Soccer Complex just south of JRL; you are right. Emailed Hector at the sales office.

16. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bayvol, Enjoy. Old San Juan is great. I recommend Waffles y Te' for breakfast or brunch. It is at the harbor end of Calle de Cristo. That is the same street with the cathedral on it.

17. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is the JRL stadium construction going?

Also, how many fans can the Bayamon Soccer Complex hold for an Islanders' game?

18. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    It's coming along, laying down the drainage pipes now. It hold around 1k

19. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks.

Just from the pictures, I bet the soccer complex will provide a more up close atmosphere for the games. You should be right on top of the players. Kinda of like being at a basketball game.

20. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Everywhere. Especially at Islanders games.

21. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    It looks like the Spanish FA convinced Ramon Luis to put down natural grass instead of turf. How long will this take to finish now.

22. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Intru, is that Bayamon will put grass over the turf for the game against Spain or put grass in the stadium for all games and not put turf in at all?

23. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    All games, the Spanish FA must of been like look if you want big games you cant have turf period! And its true if they want to be serious and try to bring in good friendlys for tha nat team or even the Islanders, they would need grass.

24. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen. I am glad to hear that the games will be on grass. This is great news.

25. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today's online La Primera Hora reports that "after further review" the city of Bayamon has decided to put artificial turf in JRL and purchase natural grass to cover the field for the game against Spain. The mayor of Bayamon said to would be difficult to change the design to allow for permanent natural grass. The playing area would have to be redesigned for drainage (and, I assume, irrigation). He said if they made the decision to go to natural grass, the stadium would not be ready for the August 15 match.

So, like it or not, the turf for the Islanders and the national team will be artificial not natural (except on the August 15th).