Estadio Juan Ramón Loubriel

Discussion in 'Puerto Rico FC' started by psveindhoven, Dec 11, 2009.

1. CapPixel

CapPixel Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Vicenza
    Club:
    Vicenza Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    woops, sorry.

2. Taly

Taly Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Big Al's Brewery, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a replied email:
    Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2011 6:48 AM
    To: Chris Talamantez
    Subject: RE: J. R. LOUBRIEL STADIUM EXPANSION

We are working on the remodeling of the exiating stadium. The design of the expansion is on hold until later this spring.

3. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Nice!!! :cool:

4. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Later this spring." I hope they are talking about planning and not construction. I can see putting the final touches on plans for work to start after the 2012 season. But, you don't want the stadium improvement going on while the team is playing. Then again, you might.

5. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
  6. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
  7. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they can pull it off, how great that would be. With the season only two months away, it seems like this will be a project to start late 2012 and continue into the 2013 season.

8. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2014 road trip (Well I guess it can't be a road trip). :p

9. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    It would still be an awesome trip! lol

10. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Well like it or not the field turf is on its way. They just ripped out the grass.

[​IMG]

Now the real question is how long are they going to take to put in the turf? Are we going to have to play at the training complex for a few games?

11. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Me imagino... I guess...

I hope that all this change is of great help to the drain, which is what harms the games. If they put artificial turf, the drainage problem would be solved, but I do not like it at all. :mad:

12. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm like you. I wish we could have improved the grass and not gone to turf. The bounce is different and it will be hard on some of the players as minutes add up.

It should take a little more than a month to install. Of course, the weather has to cooperate (among other things). I would bet there is a contengency plan to play in another stadium through May (just in case).

Thanks for the photos. Keep us posted.

13. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    [​IMG]

knocked down some of the lighting

14. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Intru, thanks for the photos.

JRL will be quite an attractive stadium when this is done.

I bet we play a few of our initial home games in a guest / home stadium. I know there are a few options in Bayamon and nearby. I just hope the work is complete in time to host our CFU Cup game (whenever that will be).

The CFU is in such a mess after the bribing sanctions that they haven't updated their website in months or even admitted it is 2012. I hope they let us know something soon. I am greedy and would like a chance for another trophy on the shelve.

15. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just looked at that photo again. Is that the end where the yellow club house was and the score board?

16. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Yep...

17. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    [​IMG]

This is probably how the stadium is going to end up looking, I don't think they will be using the other design. TO be fair it's pretty much the same design without the seats behind the goal.

18. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They could make the seating a horse shoe design with the current seating and new seating behind the team benches. The score board could be in the open end zone. In Charleston, the Battery have an open end with a cafe and sitting area. You can have a drink and / or a snack and watch the game. Of course, they could make it like the MLS prototype (FC Dallas and Columbus Crew stadiums). They have an open end with a concert stage. That way they can host concerts when the team is not playing or out of town.

19. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
  20. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    OK, pretty good stadium by the time it's finished, but there'll still be only 2,500 or so fans. How does the new stadium help the team or soccer on the island?

21. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Irish Rover, I think several things are working in the team's favor regarding attendance. One is the change of coach (manager). Although Whit is Scottish, he has already committed to signing young local talent. He has also committed to playing a more flowing (read Latin) style of play. He is going away from the direct play of the last two seasons. This will help attract local fans.

The change in the CONCACAF Champions Laegue format will also help. Should the Islanders finish in the top 3 of the Caribbean Cup, they will go directly into group play. This means hosting teams from Central America and either the US or Mexico. The CONCACAF games draw the big crowds. Should they make it back to the Champions League, you will see big attendance numbers at these games.

The new stadium should provide an improved atmosphere for the fans and the players. Hopefully, this will make people want to come back. Of course in the end, a winning team and a good local economy contribute the most to greater attendance numbers.

22. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully the PRI can get back to 5-6K average or more, but I have read the stadium will be for 20K is that correct? That maybe too big for just the PRI.

Do they plan on using it for baseball; maybe the baseball team averages more fans, and or especial events.

I guess that what really matters is rent; hopefully the PRI owners do not have to pay too much extra in rent or debt.

http://www.prislandersfc.com/index.php?id=167

The picture on the PRI website is pretty cool, how a sell out used to look back in the good days, hopefully many more of those with the new stadium.

[​IMG]

23. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is a Before Picture, looking forward to the after picture.

[​IMG]

24. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Bayamon was never a baseball town, its team averaged numbers in the low hundreds. The team folded way before the Islanders existed so the stadium was not being used for anything. The JRL is also the home of the PR national team, it also holds yearly youth tournaments and with field turf they can have a lot more non-sport related events like concerts in a larger venue than the Basketball stadium next door.

The stadium is owned by the municipality and they are the ones paying for this. The norm in PR sports for renting of public facilities is that rent is either extreamly low or there isn't one at all.

25. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Whit is English and I wont speak on his playing style until I see him take the field. His already has made some contradicting comments on how he plans on fielding the team. Right now I'm concerned with the roster or the lack of one. The team been silent on signing for some weeks now while other teams are signing players.