ESPN Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Lovac1, May 20, 2016.

1. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Sadly this may have been one or two weeks only. Maybe someone at ESPN is forgetting to plug the highlights in to the site

2. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    I see that the 3-game Spanish Supercopa will be carried by ESPN Deportes,. Will there be any English language coverage of these matches?

3. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yep on ESPN3

4. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    I waited until the eve of the Supercopa in hope that the matches would be added with English audio, but they have not been listed and will be available in Spanish only. (I also called ESPN to check and voice my concerns)

5. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I checked the ESPN app and the game is listed on ESPN3

6. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
  7. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Great...just added. I spoke with the ESPN Customer Care rep right before my previous post and he could not find the matches either.....perhaps my complaint had something to do with them updating their l;istings

When I started writing this post, the Thurday match had not been posted....but I jsut checked again and it is now there.

8. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
  9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Smart move.

They should have done it from day one though.
    Or at least since the start of this season since Chucky Lozano of Mexico is playing in Serie A.

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  10. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Don't forget Edson Alvarez of Ajax and Erick Gutierrez of PSV

HomietheClown repped this.
  11. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Minor nit here, but I wish the ESPN+ app wouldn't be so quick to put up the next round of cup matches in the same place where you go to watch the replays, as I had yesterday's Parma-Roma Coppa Italia match spoiled for me when I went to watch it earlier today.

(Yes I know I could avoid being spoiled on a phone or tablet by using the calendar feature and using the day's replay menu to watch the game but that's not an option on the Roku or Fire app when I want to watch on my TV)

12. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think that's too minor a nit to pick. I think the streaming providers in general could use to get a bit more hip to spoilers, and designing their interfaces to minimize them. A lot of people watch time-shifted games, and there's a huge difference to watching without knowing the outcome vs being spoiled.

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Espn+ showing all of the round-of-32 copa del rey matches this week, starting today.:thumbsup:

Redbullsnation2012 and daniloni repped this.
  14. kalin21

kalin21 Member

May 26, 2009
    TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    no barca and madrid games on espn deportes?

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nope. They want you to get ESPN+.

16. kalin21

kalin21 Member

May 26, 2009
    TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol finally I think I will get espn+

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Is that true for every round?

18. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Probably will be. It's not like they show later rounds of the FA Cup on the cable channels either.

The only + property that shows up on the cable channels is Serie A, one match a week, which was probably mandated in their deal.

19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Would be nice if the titles for the espnFC shows didn't give away the results of matches shown on espn+.

Spoiled the Milan derby result. It was made worse in this particular case because espnFC was running live before the replay of the match was even uploaded. :(

EvanJ and NorthBank repped this.
  20. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1720 NorthBank, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    Watching the FA Cup right now on an absolutely beautiful flawless stream. ESPN blows away NBC in this regard IMHO.

Edit: only complaint is that the audio is a full 1-2 seconds ahead of the video. I assume that's not ESPN's doing but rather the international feed. But whoever is responsible should cut that out! I really messes things up on shots/goals where you hear the result before you see it.

21. Ed Ennui

Ed Ennui Member

Lazio
    United States
    Jul 18, 2006
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there somewhere to watch archived Serie A matches? I can only find the last two matchdays before play was suspended on the ESPN+ site.

I want to literally go back to matchday 1 and just start watching games I didn't originally watch. I don't remember who won a Genoa-Parma game from August. Don't judge me.

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    So ESPN has decided to show some Italian games on the big Network now that there is no other live programming they can really focus upon.

I wonder if they will do the same for FA Cup. (Not likely but it would be kinda smart and nice of them to throw us a bone here and there.)

23. Roti2000

Roti2000 Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I am a cord cutter and I was thinking of signing up for ESPN+ to watch Serie A. Do you know if ESPN+-only people can watch replays of games that were shown on the broadcast side?

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I do not have ESPN+ so I am not sure.

25. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    ESPN+ shows replays of both what's on ESPN+ and ESPN3 (essentially live events of ESPN Networks). If you're subscribed to ESPN+, you can watch whatever is live on ESPN+ and ESPN3, but you can't watch anything that's live on an ESPN network unless you have a cable/satellite subscription.

If ESPN is showing live, say, the Coppa Italia Final, and you don't get ESPN through a cable/sat provider, you can watch the replay through ESPN+ when it becomes available. It'll just be listed as ESPN3 instead of ESPN+.

As a fan of Serie A, ESPN+ has been a godsend these last two years, even when Donaldson and Bonnetti are unnecessarily yelling and ruining it on ESPN. I'd pay for ESPN+ for Serie A alone, but there's a ton more stuff on there. It's worth every penny.

EvanJ repped this.