Espn + question to watch Juve this year

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by thinredline10, Aug 10, 2018.

1. thinredline10

thinredline10 Member+

Juventus
    Apr 2, 2017
    Is there an app on Playstation 4 to watch Espn+?

I have the watch Espn app and watch via PS4, will games on Espn Plus be shown on that app as well?

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You need the ESPN app, not sure if the WatchESPN app will give you access. If you see an add for ESPN+ on it then it might work.

If you have a Roku, Xbox, Fire Stick or AppleTV there are ESPN apps for that where you can login to both ESPN+ and the ESPN3 stuff that’s part of your cable package. Many Smart TV’s also have the ESPN app.

3. Steven11

Steven11 New Member

Apr 21, 2017
    I just have WatchESPN app on my Roku and AppleTv. ESPN+ did not work. I had to start a new subscription for it and it’s $4.99/mo. They will broadcast all games live which is fantastic considering Bein would give priority to LaLiga.

4. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Yeah this whole thing is confusing. I have an ESPN app on my Apple TV but I don't think it gives me ESPN+. My apple tv s an older version and I can't download apps to it, so unless apple decides to add it to my device I am out of luck. or have to buy a new one.

I suppose I can get one on my phone, but not sure I can stream that to my TV.

BTW, my FIOS still provides BeIn on it. I checked it yesterday and there it was so they didn't pull it down here.

5. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
  6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you have the ESPN app on your apple tv then you can access ESPN+, it's in the settings, it will ask for your login through there. You can also input your cable carrier credentials in there to access the ESPN3 stuff as well.

They did pull it down, but yesterday beIN and FiOS came to an agreement for a new carrier agreement and the channel is now back up. It was off their lineup for less than a week.

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a regular ESPN app for the Roku and AppleTV, the app icon is white with a red E on it. Use that one.

8. Steven11

Steven11 New Member

Apr 21, 2017
    My bad, that’s what I meant - the white ESPN app. I still had to pay $4.99 to access ESPN +.

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, ESPN+ is $5 a month or $50 for the year. It gives you access to a lot of stuff. They also just added the Australian A League, Chinese Super League and the Eredivisie. On top of that they have the National League, MLS, USL and other leagues, and all of the American sports as well.

On the ESPN app you can log into ESPN+ and the ESPN3 services that you get through your local cable supplier.

10. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Turns out I only have WatchESPN. That does cover ESPN3 but not ESPN+.

Gonna have to research this a bit through apple or espn.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ESPN app is available on AppleTV, unless you have the Gen 1 version then I have no clue. We have a 3rd gen AppleTV hooked up at work and there’s the regular ESPN app on it. I made sure so I can watch Juve weekday games at work ;)

usnroach and DaveyGorgeous repped this.
  12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the Serie A preview show on ESPN+ last night and have to say that it was really well done. The same production company will be doing the weekly Serie A show as well. The narrators were a lot of familiar voices, with the international audio crew doing the commentating.

So far ESPN+ is doing better than beIN ever did. Well worth the $50 I spent for the year.

13. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well it's official. I'll be dropping the 50 for the season, sounds good so far!

14. LuigiNyc

LuigiNyc Member

Jun 6, 2005
    Queens, New York
    So beIN is done with Serie A??

15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    ESPN is already ramping up its coverage.

We are going to be the poster child for their coverage in the US going forward.

This, plus signing Ronaldo (which I am sure had a big impact on their decision to buy Serie a rights) and the Netflix series is finally giving the world, and especially the US, a glimpse into what makes our club so unique and why, her fans, love her so.

http://www.espn.in/football/club/ju...nal-friendly-a-contrast-to-mega-money-arrival

16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I want a Gianni Agnelli TShirt!

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes

18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  19. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am so happy that ESPN got the rights to broadcast Serie A games, the being sports app has been garbage for years, ads everywhere and crashed multiple times, when on tv on the bein channel main channel there were no issues but my god when on the app the experience was total trash.
    Just signed up for the yearly plan too. I tried the app and the quality is excellent. Super excited about Juve and Serie A moving to a main stream service.

20. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I signed up. It is pretty good, actually.

I also get to watch my 2 other teams for the first time in ages - Ajax and Forest.

Dante repped this.
  21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was doing some work at home last night so I turned on ESPN+ and had a USL game on, then switched to a Chinese league game. Pretty cool that it's possible to do.

When I logged into the iOS app on my phone, right at the top the first thing was a shot of CR7 and the listing for Saturday's game. Nice to see it get such exposure.

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the network games will have the commentators from here in the US. This weekends game will have Mark Donaldson and Matteo Bonetti (yes the beIN Sports guy).

23. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Member+

Juventus
    Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s cool, rather have them than some snotty epl guys calling our games.

24. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I like Bonnet. At least he knows Serie A. Donaldson I am not sure who he is.

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought ESPN+ worked great, easy to use, the game was literally the first thing when I logged onto the app and it started immediately. The overall presentation was excellent too. No buffering issues or anything else.

MILES better than anything beIN did.

juveeer repped this.