ESPN chat with Dominic Kinnear, Friday 2PM

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by DrLudicrous, Nov 17, 2006.

1. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
  2. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, this day is full of surprises. It sounds like Dom almost didn't follow the team to Houston.

And in regards to losing Adrian:

4. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    some EarthQuake fans asking him if he tailgates like he use to in San Jose and he said no because his second family is not here? I guess that means that his Earthquake fans are not here so he does not tail gate with Dynamo fans. I did not like that to much.

5. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    don't know if was your post- or or what- but I didn't like the sound of that comment, I'd like to see a transcript.

6. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    The text is still up at the link in the first post.

7. cowboypb

cowboypb Member

Dec 15, 2005
    The Bayou City
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    It said "extended family". It could mean actual family, close friends, or fans. Listen, other than people on the team he probably knew zero people in Houston when he moved here. I don't think I would get too excited over the comment.

8. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    No, he said:

"No, I don't tailgate after games, the reason being I tailgated with my extended family, and they're not here. So that makes it harder."

"Extended family" means cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, that kind of thing. Kinnear grew up in the Bay Area so he has lots of relatives there. That is what he is talking about.

9. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    that makes me feel better-I was like...how could that guy who just Weds. night at the Mezz told me how much the fans here meant to the team and then say that-I was like "you two faced MO!"

that's what I am calling liars now-a Mo! Kind of like being Munsoned.

Here's to Dom staying a while and bringing us some more cups! And to think we were getting on him this summer for some bad moves with lack of subs! Dom knows what he's doing. I won't second guess him-as he made some pretty good moves late in Frisco.

10. av8tor

av8tor New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Fuera del pais

So somebody adopt him, so he'll know he has a beer and brisket after the game. Just keep an eye out for funny Uncle Rikkr.:)

11. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus, way to make a mountain out of a molehole. He was merely referring to the fact that his extended family doesn't live here.

So to sum up: He doesn't tailgate anymore because his family doesn't live in Texas. I think that's understandable.