Ernesto Goes to Work: The 2018-19 Season Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Even I was surprised Arthur didn’t play in the WC. He was the best midfielder in Brasileiro last season and also won the best midfielder award.

2. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Both Rafinha and Arthur had an amazing game and hopefully we can manage to keep the former too. Did you see his control prior to setting Arthur up for his goal? Impeccable. Add Coutinho to the mix and we have ourselves some epic Brazilian magic to look forward to all season long, not to mention a certain Malcom. :cool:

Finally Messi is getting the team he deserves to go for a Ballon D’or winning season again. I really hope Dembele will elevate his game this season and becomes the player we all know he can be.

Finally, I’m ecstatic we got Lenglet, who will certainly be challenging Pique and Umtiti for a starting spot. As will Malcom put pressure on Dembele. Some healthy competition to keep everyone sharp and no one slacking.

Trillz repped this.
  3. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The UCL is ours this time. Back off Real Madrid. For some reason I feel Liverpool will do well again in the CL this season.

4. Umm I just play FIFA

Barcelona
    Philippines
    Jan 11, 2018
    LA
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Got a chance to watch the Tottenham Match live...I was seated behind the goal for both Munir's and Arthur's goals.

Kinda repeating what some of you have said already, but oh well

-First half, passing was really smooth
    -Semedo was just really threatening from the right. I don't know if he was playing winger or right back, but man was he a threat
    -Arthur looked every bit the controller out there; whether it was just keeping the ball in our own box, or blasting rockets from 25 yards out...
    -Rafinha seemed to be energized
    -Didn't notice Lenglet; I was trying to look for him, I guess he did fine, but Tottenham didn't create a lot of danger the first half

-Second half; honestly I was getting sleepy, which had everything to do with walking the entire stadium to find our seats, taking a 3-year old by myself, taking public transit, and forking over $10 for a shuttle ride (I hate the Rose Bowl)
    -I wish I could say I paid attention to the Barca B folks, but I didn't really because there were too many changes to track who was who. Eight changes, it was a bit difficult to keep track. Whoever that guy is that looks like Rabiot didn't inspire much confidence in me though. I was just getting slightly annoyed at watching him track back and forth, seemingly doing nothing.
    -Malcom was aiight. Had a move or two. They tried him at first on the left, then the right.
    -I kinda wanted to see a Heung Son-Min goal; got exactly what I wished for and then some. Barca B were getting bullied in the box throughout the 2nd half, ball was getting in there really easily and staying there way too long

Gilmango and evil_allan repped this.
  5. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    must be thinking of Cucurella? when Digne leaves, Cucurella and/or Miranda will be promoted. I thought Miranda looked stronger defensively while Cucu added more offensively.

i thought Puig looked very promising

Gilmango repped this.
  6. Umm I just play FIFA

Barcelona
    Philippines
    Jan 11, 2018
    LA
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Yes, yes, it was Cucurella, I wasn't sure what he was doing there at all. I swear every time I saw him he was jogging in late while there was danger being created.

He might've been creating offense; it was a bit harder to see the offensive build-up from my end.

Puig, I didn't notice a lot, even though he wore the #8 and has a similarly spelled last name as one, Yasiel. I guess he couldn't have been bad if he was part of the build-up in the 1st half?

Guess he didn't enough sparkles on his jersey or lights on him for us casual fans to notice.

7. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Puig did not have enough sparkles on his jersey, but he did have the #8, and he was matched up opposite Eriksen a bit and played well against a player we were rumored to be interested in buying, and he is only 18 and re-upped with Barca after many other clubs sniffed around and tried to bribe him to leave. So it was exciting to see him but his play did not make him jump out at you. He was on for the 2nd Barca goal, but not the first, as he replaced Gomes (our second hamstrung first teamer of the night). This highlight video doesn't excite as much as Arthur's but OK for an 18 y.o. and does some real nice things around the 4 minute mark on

8. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    this moment made me purr :geek:
    1024407802914263041 is not a valid tweet id

unclesox and Viscaelbarca repped this.
  9. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    1024408372068663296 is not a valid tweet id

Gilmango and Viscaelbarca repped this.
  10. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ESPN has baseball.
    ESPND has Madrid.

Both worthless.

11. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Golazo ! What a play !

Rafinha with the finish.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Malcom almost with the 2nd.

13. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Can ya'll post goals here, I am at working and cannot watch it directly!

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rafinha nice curler barely misses the bottom corner.

15. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    1024482019538083841 is not a valid tweet id

Viscaelbarca repped this.
  16. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Rafinha needs to stay. He has elevated his game and is once again involved in almost every Barca attack up to this point. Such energy and control, great to see. No more midfield signings necessary at this point. De Jong for next season and we’re done in midfield for some time.

evil_allan repped this.
  17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pellegrini what a dip shit. Dirty freakin tackle for a friendly.

Trillz repped this.
  18. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Rafinha getting roughed up out there, probably cause he’s the catalyst for Barcelona and they know it.

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    El Shar...something...wawy ties it up.

Kluviert blew by someone on the left defense.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Roma players look pissed about the Malcom deal. Trying to be chippy. Just stupid.

21. Jpows

Jpows Member+

F.C. Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jun 4, 2018
    Roma need to chill. Overly physical out there for a friendly match. At this rate I’d rather we switched it up in 2nd half like we did vs Spurs. All Barcelona B players. Not looking to get anyone from the first team injured right before the season starts. :confused:

22. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kluivert sets up
    Yeah, while Cucurella was the LB, it was #15, Lenglet who Kluivert blew by to get to touchline with space to notch a great cross to the pharaoh (Stephan Kareem El Shaarawy is nicknamed Il Faraone (The Pharaoh), as his father is Egyptian.)

First half starters, but big changes coming:
    [​IMG]

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Vidal reminding us why he needs to go.

evil_allan repped this.
  24. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It is Lenglet who is closest and gets beaten, Vidal is hustling back from LW to add pressure but is not beaten, and Cucurella is the LB who you might hope would be closer to the play than the 3rd Barca guy (after lenglet and vidal).

25. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #50 Gilmango, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Baillou cross to Malcolm to goal!

Baillou newly on as is Miranda, Abel Ruiz, Monchu, and Puig. Off are Cucurella, Munir, Marlon Santos, Vidal, and Arthur.

Nice lefty set piece attempt from Malcolm after Rafinha fouled a couple times outside the box and finally goes down.

EDIT really hard to see who is covering for Marlon Santos at CB as all the subs, save Miranda for Cucurella at LB, are mids or forwards.

So maybe Roberto as CB on D, double pivot with Monchu when on O?

Front line is clear: Baillou - Abel Ruiz - Malcolm

Most of D is clear: Miranda - Lenglet - ??? - Semedo

Leaving mids: Roberto, Puig, Monchu, Rafinha, one of whom is playing CB, could it be Rafinha?

EDIT III - now CUENCA is on, an actual CB, as is BRANDARIZ, and Palencia, so D now clear: Miranda, Cuenca, Brandariz, and Palencia

COLLADO AND PEREZ also on as Malcolm and Rafinha come off, so only Roberto and Cillessen remain of starters.