The Odyssey continues: Erik Palmer-Brown at Panathinaikos

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BostonRed, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Why? PO1 is about getting into the CL, PO2 is for the EL.

2. Gorando

Gorando Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Mar 12, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    He won't get to play much in PO1. In PO2 teams are much more likely to give fringe players a chance to play.

3. You're making this statement seriously?

The Irish Rover repped this.
  4. Gorando

Gorando Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Mar 12, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Yes of course. He wasnt going to play if Kortrijk was in PO1.

5. I think you underestimate the importance for Kortrijk to get a place in the EL. The chances for them to qualify for the EL are far better than for the CL(being almost none), if they made it into PO1. So from that line of reasoning he would have more chances of playing in the PO1 than in PO2.

6. Gorando

Gorando Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Mar 12, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    No team from PO2 has ever qualified for the EL. Chances of european football are slim to none for them atm. That's why teams in PO2 always play their youth and fringe players.

7. Update on the PSV CD developments:
    Obispo made his debut in the first team.

8. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
  9. Anderson11

Anderson11 Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Figure it's worth mentioning that EPB was called up to the USMNT.

10. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Best call up since Puli!

11. eliwood

eliwood Member+

Jul 25, 2016
    It's also strange that he was registered that early but we didn't hear anything official for weeks.

12. Weird remarks in this thread:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/in...march-27th-2018.2081142/page-35#post-36465392

The coach wants to win the EL tickets in the play off for it!
    KV KORTRIJK. De Boeck: “I'm counting on a European ticket”
    So I will play my strongest team.

KV KORTRIJK. De Boeck: “Ik reken op Europees ticket”

KV Kortrijk-coach Glen De Boeck wil de goede prestaties doortrekken in Play-off 2. “Ik reken op het behalen van een Europees ticket. Ik zal dus met mijn sterkste elftal spelen. Er zitten geen gemakkelijke ploegen in. Het verschil tussen 1B en de rechterkolom van 1A is niet zo heel groot. Maar goed, een Kortrijk op niveau, moet altijd winnen van Leuven en Lierse”, aldus een gedreven De Boeck.

When your club target is to get the EL ticket and as a coach you want to be successful and a winner it makes alot of sense the poster is telling us:rolleyes:.
    If EPB is better, he will play. No doubt about it. The club wants that ticket, with or without EPB.
    If you're suggesting Kortrijk hauled him in as a better player than available and then let him ride the bench because he's a loan you really should have have a moment of introspection. Your take is that everybody that signed him does so with the intention to screw him and everybody that look at that play pattern of EPB and wonders about what his quality in reality is, is delusional.

Makes sense:cool:

Jazzy Altidore and Winoman repped this.
  13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Please stop quoting the same post in a million threads because it upset you. I don't post here, I don't post in the Dutch section. Control yourself.

14. Sorry, but it's about EPB, so it is relevant in connection to the aims of the club he is in and the role he will play in it's ambition formulated by them.

The Irish Rover and Winoman repped this.
  15. If the post is relevant in a certain discussion, it will be quoted. Has nothing to do with being upset. The other thread you mention started with discussion on a EPB like move by a Dutch young CD to ManCity this winter break. His and follower delusion was so akin to what I read about EPB, that it was brought in as illustration to a pattern of ManCity behaviour.
    Simple as that.
    When you post something relevant about KV Kortrijk in relation to EPB, donot act upset if it gets quoted and challenged.
    I donot know whether he will be playing in that play off challenge or not, but to claim he will be sitting on the bench while the matches have to start yet is a bit on the stretch. For all we know he can be happily playing matches and be the difference maker.
    I think EPB has a better poster in me who keeps an eye on his opportunities and what he makes from it than in you that morphs him into a victim of a string of sabotaging coaches and club owners.
    If EPB has the qualities you give him, he will get his chances and when he has the guts of Matt Miazga he will grab them. No question about it.

16. It starts at 18:00 CEST with

1. 31/03/2018 18:00 KV Kortijk - Waasland-Beveren

2. 8/04/2018 20:00 Royal Excel Mouscron -KV Kortijk

3.14/04/2018 20:00 K. Lierse S.K. -KV Kortijk

etc.

17. http://kvk.be/nl/selectie-kv-kortrijk-waasland-beveren-2
    Selectie: KV Kortrijk - Waasland Beveren
    vrijdag 30 maart 2018 - 18u35 Nieuws

Vandaag maakte coach Glen De Boeck de selectie bekend voor het belangrijke duel tegen Waasland Beveren. De Play Offs starten met een zege is cruciaal voor het verdere verloop!

[​IMG]
    Keepers: Kaminski, Bruzzese, Galens

Verdedigers: Kagelmacher, Palmer-Brown, Verboom, Atal, D'haene, Kumordzi

Middenvelder: Makarenko, De Smet, Ajagun, Stojanovic, Van der Bruggen, Lepoint, Ivanof

Aanvallers: Papazoglou, Chevalier, Ouali, Perbet

18. edcrocker repped this.
  19. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sucks to see him waste away for a year and half professionally after seeing how dominant he was at the youth level.

I don’t care where he goes next year but he needs to be playing weekly.

frankburgers repped this.
  20. Gorando

Gorando Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Mar 12, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium