The Odyssey continues: Erik Palmer-Brown at Panathinaikos

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BostonRed, Jan 24, 2014.

1. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah frankly speaking, hell of an improvement. Shut out is a great response.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Make sure you share them, fam

3. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    1099425156106203136 is not a valid tweet id

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    He looked good. Now vdGaag will bench him again.

Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Did he start today because of an injury? If he starts the rest of the season I think we can say this was a good loan.

6. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    He's basically started 1/3 of the games and been on the bench for most of the rest.

7. The coach benched one of the CD's for disciplinary reasons. In his opinion he was more busy with his own interests than with the team's.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  8. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looked to be in good defensive positions. Really only beat once. Won a bunch of headers. But many of his clearances were clearances to nowhere. Reminded me of a Boca Negra type performance.

9. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    I loved Boca. Awesome player. Boca had a nose for goal too.

10. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    He played wondefully with DeMerit/Gooch on the backline.

11. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Let’s hope EPB’s performance keeps him on the bench then.

12. Rahbiefowlah

Rahbiefowlah Member+

Oct 22, 2001
    Las Vegas
    I love his physicality and the way he competes. I think there’s a chance the game slows down for him and he catches on in Europe.

13. AD Sportwereld team of the week:

[​IMG]

:ROFLMAO:After much suffering for you guys he now can tell Mat I've been there too:)

14. I made a mistake, it's Voetbal International's team of the week!!

Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  15. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So, he doesn't play that much for the first team, gets a chance and makes the team of the week. It says a lot about the quality of the coach, if he is selecting the team or the club, if they are pushing to sell on soon. I guess there are only enough choice spots to go around in this dance.

16. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    What a physically present highlight reel. Strong into every header and challenge. Minimal distribution and not crisp enough passing out of the back for me, but he sure needed to make a lot of clearances and deserves some of the credit for the shutout. Play the man, please!

17. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    NAC don't own his rights. There's no sell/don't sell here, at least where EPB is concerned.

18. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sorry, I was not clear about that. I meant selling on the starters that play ahead of him, maybe they want to sell them and are showing them as much as possible. I don't follow the club, just what is written here. It sounds fishy. Sounds a though he is there to fill out the roster and maybe we play you sometimes. Either way, he is treading water there.

19. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    NOW it's time to break out the champagne.

20. Sorry dude, the coach isnot at fault. EPB obviously has picked up in training the lessons from vdGaag. He's a coach that is good at teaching defenders. At low flying Excelsior he managed to get the defense working very well and in the process got a loan player from PSV leading the best defenders list before he got injured and fell off the squad. This chap even was above de Ligt in Voetbal International and De Telegraaf list when he was fit. It doesnot mean he was better than de Ligt, but played better.
    I've read some batshit crazy stuff about him by people that have no clue about him and about what's going on at NAC.
    I know this guy and he's a coach that has the qualities to get the best out of defenders. If they listen and do as instructed.

21. If you would care to learn go to the thread Yanks behind the dikes and look up the ratings EPB had before. They were bloody awfull, so no it's not get a chance and immediately go into the TotW. He has been working on it during the time he was of the team and it pays off.
    It's the same story as with MM, who initially was laughed off too for what he put on the pitch, but worked hard to improve and got the rewards afterwards.

Pegasus repped this.
  22. Most of them are loans.

23. This is why one better sign with a Dutch club when these offer you a contract for long term vision in sted of short term gains.
    You will be followed and spotted even in modest Eredivisie clubs.
    https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/il-...orra-il-biondo-superman-dell-heracles-1215739

24. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Blonde superman? When will those Italians realize it's the redheads who the rest of us find truly special