Eredivisie 2017-2018

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Are you forgetting that the Dutch Women just won the European Championship? Ajax still can qualify for the Europa League group play if they defeat Rosenborg.

2. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Whoa.. tough going indeed. Stengs with an ACL injury from I read. Even if he recovers, he will miss certain speed and explosiveness. Sad news for such an exciting talent.

3. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I want to see Ten Hag coach one of the big three next season, he seems light years ahead of Cocu, Keizer and Van Bronckhorst.

4. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I like Van Overeem (AZ). It is rare to see a Dutch midfielder shine technically, which he does admirably.

5. I donot think GvB job is in any danger. If the axe comes down it will be on one of the other 2, with Keizer the most likely candidate.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Keizer is not in any trouble.

7. Kick off by Feyenoord.
    Not only Keizer, but also Cocu is shaking up the line up for today.
    Only Gio stays with his starting eleven.

8. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I do not think Keizer is the problem of Ajax but rather the misfortune and the individual errors of the defenders. The intensity of the team is impressive. Only the goals are missing.
    Cocu leaves me skeptical. But I think Van Bommel is his future successor. He started his coaching career with the u19 and he did a good job from what I read. As for Gio he does a fantastic job. The Feyenoord midfielder has an incredible amount of activity and energy. I repeat myself but unfortunate that El Ahmadi is not Dutch. He could have solved many of our problems.

Orange14 repped this.
  9. He was supposed to get a top job at Bayern Münich, Technical Director iirc, but he turned it down to develop himself in coaching with the youth team.

10. This weekend round wasnot one for the referees to be proud of. Several bloodred card fouls were yellowed, penalties given that werenot and not given that were. It was a collective bad day for the men in black.

11. [​IMG]Feyenoord
    Basic Info
    Country
    Netherlands
    Current Ranking
    Current Index
    Current Index behind leader

Records
    Maximum Index
    2661 May 1, 2017
    Minimum Index
    2075 Feb 2, 2009
    Highest Rank
    57 Oct 17, 2016
    Lowest Rank
    189 Feb 16, 2009

[​IMG]Vitesse
    Basic Info
    Country
    Netherlands
    Current Ranking
    Current Index

Records
    Maximum Index
    2345 Jan 20, 2014
    Minimum Index
    1829 Nov 1, 2010
    Highest Rank
    99 Jan 20, 2014
    Lowest Rank
    255 Oct 25, 2010

[​IMG]FC Utrecht
    Basic Info
    Country
    Netherlands
    Current Ranking
    Current Index

Records
    Maximum Index
    2382 Jul 15, 2013
    Minimum Index
    1892 Oct 19, 2015
    Highest Rank
    93 Jun 24, 2013
    Lowest Rank
    228 Nov 23, 2015

[​IMG]PSV
    Basic Info
    Country
    Netherlands
    Current Ranking
    Current Index

Records
    Maximum Index
    3127 Feb 27, 2012
    Minimum Index
    2468 Feb 3, 2014
    Highest Rank
    16 Mar 5, 2012
    Lowest Rank
    76 Feb 3, 2014

[​IMG]Ajax
    Basic Info
    Country
    Netherlands
    Current Ranking
    Current Index

Records
    Maximum Index
    3090 Jul 30, 2012
    Minimum Index
    2697 Nov 16, 2015
    Highest Rank
    15 Jul 16, 2012
    Lowest Rank
    52 Aug 24, 2017

12. Round 3 AD Sportwereld team of the week:
    [​IMG]
    Notice 17 year old Pierie in the defense!

Rinus127 repped this.
  13. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Van Overeem is also in the team. A good player, underrated in my humble opinion

14. FC Utrecht hires Andreas Pereira. The 21 year old Belgian Brasilian was in the PSV academy from where Man United stole him at 16 year in 2014. He experienced the same thing I wrote about Rodney Kongolo, no play time and being loaned around without development. Now he occupies a place in Utrecht. The Ceverin UEFA action cannot come soon enough. This Pereira cvnt shouldnot be allowed to set foot on our fields.

15. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Diks is a pretty bad player.

16. Seems Ajax went back to 4-2-4, the system Johan Cruijff forced Rinus Michels to abandon, after he was confronted with the superior 4-3-3 of Happel's Feyenoord with van Hanegem, Hasil, and Wim Jansen, buldozering them in 1968/1969.
    Are they bongos in Amsterdam?
    https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...int-bij-jezelf-niet-bij-het-systeem~aef375fc/
    Van de Beek: Het begint bij jezelf, niet bij het systeem
    Na afloop van Ajax-PEC Zwolle (3-0) ging het vooral over het gehanteerde systeem van de Amsterdammers. Trainer Marcel Keizer koos voor het eerst dit seizoen voor een 4-2-4 systeem met Kasper Dolberg en Klaas-Jan Huntelaar in de spits. Maar ondanks de overwinning liep het totaal niet bij Ajax. De ruimtes op het middenveld werden veel te groot.

" Daar is Donny van de Beek, één van de twee middenvelders, het roerend mee eens. ,,Het was gewoon niet goed,’’ zegt hij. ,,Maar volgens mij ligt dat vooral aan onszelf en niet per se aan het systeem. Het gaat er vooral om dat we ook dit systeem onder de knie krijgen. Het is niet zo dat we nu per definitie op deze manier gaan spelen. Het zal ook van de tegenstander afhangen. Vandaag tegen PEC Zwolle liep het goed af, maar een andere ploeg had ons zwakke spel wellicht afgestraft. Maar nogmaals: het begint allemaal bij jezelf. Dat heeft meer invloed dan het systeem dat je speelt. Ik zie zeker wel toekomst in deze speelwijze, maar dan zal het echt veel beter moeten.’’

17. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    PSV's defense is so pathetic. Apart from Arias, everything else has to be thrown away. Paal has the excuse of not being a left back, he's more midfield.

18. What about the Heerenveen defenders like Pierie?

19. Rinus127

Rinus127 Member

Sep 8, 2015
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Very comfortable on the ball

20. Think most of it is because the Heerenveen attack was very good today

21. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Why do you say that?.

22. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Buttner has had a good start this season for vitesse. Would like to see how he does in europa individually. Really think he should get a call up. His explosivness is better than that of daley. Always thought he would have made it far at man united after that bayern game unfortunately LVG never show it that way.

23. Wonder that myself. I'm not a fan of Diks, but he's far from being a bad player.